Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

West Midlands Regional Discussion 18/01/13 14z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Snowing moderately here but only small flakes, looking at the radar could get a few hours of this looks like its pushing nw, there's some heavy stuff around the se looking at the radar :)

Edited by Stour7

Posted

Temp is -1 and DP -2.

In that case you're doing better than me - currently -0.5 temp and -1.5 DP respectively here.

Must be an elevation thing I guess.....

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

Tiny flakes but coming down quite heavily, long may it continue

Posted

Light persistent snow continues in Hereford and getting heavier if anything. The cause is an area of ppn by Worcester, pivoting south west.

Posted

Snowing moderately here but only small flakes, looking at the radar could get a few hours of this looks like its pushing nw, there's some heavy stuff around the se looking at the radar smile.png

Yes just thinking the same. Radar shows this front stretching back into North West Belgium and down to Rouen in France! so quite a sizable issue :) And as you say at the moment it is moving NW and slowly intensifying. Very interesting few hours coming up for us in the W Mids.

Posted

Hi in north west leics 10 miles ne of tamworth 0.5 here and rising

I'm fairly sure you should see the temp drop if you get some heavier precip. Was -1 Friday morning went down to -3 when it got heavier in the middle of the day.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Bizarre??!!

What's your current temp and dew point?

Bish

May be a tad behind real time, but weather station observations at Stratford says 0 and -3 .... BHam Int and Cov below freezing.

http://skylinkweather.com/metar/metarmapindex.php?country=uk&stationid=EG66&scale=140&maptype=wind&mapstyle=cutout

Posted

Trouble for the trains yesterday was bad enough...could this event mean even more misery tomorrow morning?

Meanwhile, exactly the same snow coming down here that was coming down all through Friday.

Posted

Trouble for the trains yesterday was bad enough...could this event mean even more misery tomorrow morning?

Meanwhile, exactly the same snow coming down here that was coming down all through Friday.

I rely on the buses to get from Hinckley to Coventry for work. Travelling back on Friday was painful and I'd expect the same tomorrow going by the forecast.

Posted

All the places which lost snow cover yesterday e.g the roads now covered again, snowing lightly but steadily :D

Posted

You won't fit in here. Disruptive snow is referred to as "a positive outlook" and "long may it continue".

Friday was hell for those of us who have to work for a living and don't get paid for sitting at home and posting about the snow. And that comes from someone who is a snow lover.

Posted

I rely on the buses to get from Hinckley to Coventry for work. Travelling back on Friday was painful and I'd expect the same tomorrow going by the forecast.

Gotta get a train from Rugby to Birmingham at 8am. Could be difficult.

You won't fit in here. Disruptive snow is referred to as "a positive outlook" and "long may it continue".

Haha! Don't get me wrong I love it, but important college exams coming up so will be hoping they're clear.

That said, I wouldn't mind a lie in tomorrow morning.

Posted

where about of stoke

Moderate snow in south stoke

We must just be on the very edge of the band as it keeps stopping and then I notice just a few flakes and then it seems to stop again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

Friday was hell for those of us who have to work for a living and don't get paid for sitting at home and posting about the snow. And that comes from someone who is a snow lover.

I've got to be in the centre of Birmingham first thing tomorrow for work, I'm in Stourbridge, about 10 ish miles but is 2 buses which at the best of times takes an hour and 45 mins, tomorrow could well be a nightmare! But 'long may it continue' !

Posted

Looking at the Brugge Market Square live webcam, the type/size of snow seems the same as we are getting at the moment, so maybe no real heavy snow will come out of this,just a thought!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Falling moderately here now i reckon had about 1cm so far a nice top up and hopefully more to come

Posted

Light to moderate fine snow here. Temp risen to 0.3C so hoping snow will get heavier and the temp will fall.