Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Piccadilly, city centre.

Well I suppose generally you could rely on their temps because they will specify the temp for city centres....but ,as you said it does seem like an over estimate if you are at 1.6c now.....I take it the snow has mostly gone now from yesterday. Edited by greybing

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Weve got the snow symbol back for the north west tomorrow http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=7&lon=-2.54&lat=53.70&fcTime=1358596860&regionName=nw before you get excited though the write up for the northwest only mentions the east! Hello???? Lol.... Saying that bbc news 24 tonight map on telly showed some snow coming over us here, just lol.... Now will that be the pathetic dandruff variety?

Posted

Well I suppose generally you could rely on their temps because they will specify the temp for city centres....but ,as you said it does seem like an over estimate if you are at 1.6c now.....I take it the snow has mostly gone now from yesterday.

I only had a generous dusting that was drifting in the wind. Only about 30% of that remains now which is laughable!

My maximum today was 2c and it has now gone to 1.5c so a slow continuous drop but I can't see it falling much more with the total cloud cover. The good thing is that we should lose the easterly flow in the next couple of days so the surface temperature should fall somewhat compared to today and especially by night.

Posted

Weve got the snow symbol back for the north west tomorrow http://www.metoffice...0&regionName=nw before you get excited though the write up for the northwest only mentions the east! Hello???? Lol.... Saying that bbc news 24 tonight map on telly showed some snow coming over us here, just lol.... Now will that be the pathetic dandruff variety?

hmm...doesn't look great yet again.

Posted

I only had a generous dusting that was drifting in the wind. Only about 30% of that remains now which is laughable!

My maximum today was 2c and it has now gone to 1.5c so a slow continuous drop but I can't see it falling much more with the total cloud cover. The good thing is that we should lose the easterly flow in the next couple of days so the surface temperature should fall somewhat compared to today and especially by night.

ditto as for the snow where I am also.

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

Met office app got my area down for light snow from mid day so will wait and see what happens feeling lot colder outside than earlier too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Its a lovely word that isnt it? SNOW dont know why that is just looks and feels nice! No im not drunk!!! Im exhausted waiting for my little boy to go to sleep!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Haha, another weather warning for me. Lovely. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Yep, great upgrade on the 00z. South of the region will get another 3-5cms. NAE goes for 10-15cm of fresh snow in the SW of the region..

Yep, great upgrade on the 00z. South of the region will get another 3-5cms. NAE goes for 10-15cm of fresh snow in the SW of the region..

And GFS brings us into the game too,i dont know if i can bear to watch the radar after fridays debacle though BT,im just going to sit glued to the lampost with my prayer mat.

Im that desperate 3cm would make me ecstatic lol.

Posted

what does it look like for manc according to this?

Any ideas if Macclesfield will get any of the snow later today and what kind of time could it come?

i see its not even crossed the Channel yet.

you SHOULD do fine although im badly scarred from fridays event so i dont trust anything on the tv or radar until i see it falling outside my window,when it comes to snow IMBY i put doubting thomas to shame.

what does it look like for manc according to this?

it looks ok,but it could pivot or move off east at the last minute,like friday.

my sanity is on the line today

gfs0z = in the zone wasowski,in the zone rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

Im in exactly the same boat as you happy days, scarred for life after friday, how do you rate blackburns chances after these upgrades.

Posted

you SHOULD do fine although im badly scarred from fridays event so i dont trust anything on the tv or radar until i see it falling outside my window,when it comes to snow IMBY i put doubting thomas to shame.

it looks ok,but it could pivot or move off east at the last minute,like friday.

my sanity is on the line today

gfs0z = in the zone wasowski,in the zone rofl.gif

what kind of time for it to get the Macclesfield area?

yep ukmo not as good for us as NAE or GFS,so we know in advance which model will be right then!

Im in exactly the same boat as you happy days, scarred for life after friday, how do you rate blackburns chances after these upgrades.

before ukmo 0z i'd have said a good shout of at least a good covering,now im not so sure,best to watch the radar,although to be honest im not sitting watching snow avoid me like the plague again,im just going to look outta the window and hope for the best.

Good luck matey..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

A few more snow flurries this morning, giving a very slight dusting. Still just above freezing here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Got a dusting of snow this morning and it's very icy, current temp -0.2c and feeling raw.

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

I thought it is above freezing here last night but its not. The snow here isnt melted an mm here. Maybe its because 1. Windchill and 2. No Heat Island effect. Theres still little bit of snow on the garden table and It still there yesterday evening.

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, Thunder, Heatwaves.

Got a dusting of snow this morning and it's very icy, current temp -0.2c and feeling raw.

What do you reckon the chances for Kendal today please? Edited by Chris Henderson

Posted
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,frost and fog
  • Location: Bootle merseyside (near to coast at Waterloo,Crosby)

Met office going for a yellow warning of snow for our region updated at 7am this morning-the extent of the precipitation westwards and northwards is unclear according to them

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

What do you reckon the chances for Kendal today please?

Looking at the latest model data then there is good chance of seeing some accumulations, be worth keeping an eye on the radar later to see how it's developing.