Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Still lookin nice n snowy outside here in Epsom, I'm not sure exactly when it fell but def had some more late arvo/eve cos the table outside is covered again which was scraped clean of snow when playing yesterday!

I'm a bit confused by some posts tgis morn and dont have time to read back ppaaaaaaages (kids wanna get out on sledges again!) so what's happening in Surrey for snow tomorrow?! Looks good but poss marginal? Do I believe tv weather forecasts?! If so, any estimations on inch-age?

Thanku!x

Only marginal for coasts. You will be fine! 5cm or so for you.

Edited by Shrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!!

Morning all, just wondered if there was a rough time frame for when this snow will (hopefully) touchdown tomorrow? I'm in West Sussex but right on the border of where East meets West, so am hoping to scrape into the snow zone.

More than anything though, I'd really like to see some guys who missed out entirely yesterday get absolutely walloped :-)

Posted

Not making me feel any better mate, lol!

1c/2c on the coasts...

Dews around 0/-1c

Mild sector of 850's over the Dutch/Belgium coast.

Incredibly IMBY of course. But I am getting desperate!

Mate youll be fine......refer to Tamara's post..NAE charts more reliable....ive always only ever used these high res before but could be overcooking things by a degree or 2...will check out NAE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Light snizzly snow here now lazy.gif

Posted

well . . . i am in Eastwood . . . Thames 2.5 miles to the South . . . Crouch 4.5 miles to the North and the Foulness coast 9 miles to my east

i'm not worrying yet biggrin.png

Jayni

Head across to the Fountain at the Bell, looks amazing still posted some pictures yesterday of this.

I am in "The Maze" just across from the Pub (Convieniantly)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

It's RAINING!!!!!!

Posted

Mate youll be fine......refer to Tamara's post..NAE charts more reliable....ive always only ever used these high res before but could be overcooking things by a degree or 2...will check out NAE

Yeah NAE is fine I have gone through it with a fine tooth comb!

Its the Goofus which concerns me.

A slight shift west of the low are we are in trouble. Fine margins between 10cm of snow or a couple of cm's of slush.

Plus up to 1.2c here already. Which I am surprised about.

I will shut up now and just pray!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Morning boys n girls - gotta laugh or ill cry my poor little man is wearing his new snow suit and is playing out the front in a 0mm icing sugar dusting he asked if we could go sledging later errrrrr so come on mr snow from the south of Sunday just one small request to see my boy smiling again just one big big heavy downpour then you can jog on and let spring commence!!!!!

Aww that's so sad! My kids were disappointed on Mon when Kent had their turn and we missed out....surely every area will get something at some point the rate this cold is going?!! Good luck for tomorrow!x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Anyone know how much snow there has been in Epping?, Ive got an important game to be played out :)

I've got a shop there mate there's about 3 inches.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

I normally use these high res ones....mind you then we can expect something bit more colder tnan this then...ill take thatsmile.png ....ill have a look at NAE...Cheers Tamara.

The NAE clearly shows that the temperatures are suppressed in a similar way to yesterday when the snowfall arrives. Its also worth looking at the dewpoints. These remain at -1 or -2 throughout as wellsmile.png And that is pretty much for the entire region. Obviously there are a few more outputs to come as we get closer to tomorrow, but atm things are looking fine

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep untouched powdery snow and red hot beaches sipping cocktails

Aww that's so sad! My kids were disappointed on Mon when Kent had their turn and we missed out....surely every area will get something at some point the rate this cold is going?!! Good luck for tomorrow!x

Thanks mate, I have no belief now that tomorrow will happen its now raining here I should never have brought him new sledge and ski suit lol I jinxed this winter

Posted

light snow falling here, yet to see a 20p size flake or bigger..come on..rofl.gif

Lewis it's raining in Bas :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow . . . . and lots of it

Yay, used to live there, off Whitehouse Road, kids went to Heycroft!!

CD

my kids still go to Heycroft :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Very light snow grains in the air. Hopefully yesterdays few cms of snow, which is still there atm, will stay more or less intact till dusk. Temperatures are expected to fall away after 3pm and should quickly enough be below freezing again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

270922_530903823597731_636088367_n.jpg265047_530891903598923_1947562871_n.jpg

My front and back garden,i still have loads of snow

Posted

Sorry in advance if this is wrong its my first post involving a chart! Am I reading this wrong I think this is the latest NAE for today at 12 showing snow everywhere?! Can we trust it for tomorrow if its showing this today?

post-19043-0-65458100-1358593546_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

My front and back garden,i still have loads of snow

Where's that sorry on my mob