Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

London & South East Regional Discussion - January 19th 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

so whats the experts think will tommorows low stay on track or shift west/east???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/storms

woke up to find alot has melted in rochford, still light snow at the moment,,hopefully we get sundays .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Dull and overcast on the Costa Del Burnham - Temps: 1.2c Dp: -1.1c and about 1cm of slowly thawing snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Where's that sorry on my mob

Near Ongar Essex

Posted

Near Ongar Essex

Well im about two miles away from ongar in Moreton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Just been sledging at Boxhill . -0.5c on top, 0.0 in the car park. Will upload some piccies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

Sundays event well ön course for cross region falls, still looks like kent, Sussex ,and east of london may fair best, but i think being,+24, away Its game, on for, most if not all....still uncertainty with poss, accumulations....could increase, if front peps, as becomes land bound..:-)

Posted

Met Office sitting on the fence? saying light snow tonight might turn heavier, light snow tomorrow might become more widespread later

I wouldn't bother with them anymore, they were saying heavy where i am from 3pm yesterday, but we didn't get anything but very very light snow until evening time, and most of that has bloody melted now!

Edited by VP79

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Well im about two miles away from ongar in Moreton

Lovely we go to the white hart for dinner sometimes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Looked to me like the model outputs were all showing the sunday event but with variations that would make a big difference across our region. Best to look out for reports by Messrs Murr and Pike and anyone else who knows what theyre on about !

Edited by fluid dynamic

Posted

my kids still go to Heycroft smile.png

My kids left there decades ago! My daughter was born in November 1981, I remember there being record levels of cold at the time! I was too hot in the delivery room so opened all the windows, midwife was not happy!

Lol @ Paul S, I remember The Maze as a building site, I think there used to be a snooker club on the corner!!

Blimey, too long in the tooth here!

CD

Posted

Lovely we go to the white hart for dinner sometimes

I like that pub thats 1 min and ten seconds away from me,i was disgusted i thought i was closer than that rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Just seen a recent Beeb forecast (from their web) and it looks at the moment Kent/East London/Essex moving into East Anglia are the most at risk areas but no mention about accumulations or temps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

The other thing to look at are the 2m temperatures and what happens to them over the next 24hrs over the nearby continent - NE France, Belgium and Holland. Notice that colder air spreads westwards through the course of today and with the easterly wind blowing straight from this area, this suppresses our own temperatures for tonight and throughout tomorrow. Current temperatures just over the North sea/channel area are a degree or so below freezing but they drop quite sharply from the east through the next twenty four hours. This means that although upper temperatures are not especially low, the advection of the low level cold combined with sub zero dewpoints should keep things non marginal

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

hey everyone :)

hope everyone is ok today! When are we having a measure up for snow depths? Is it tomorrow evening or Monday?

Posted

snizziling here now with the odd flake mixed in..

Getting ready to go to West ham, is going to be bloody freezing in the stands, have digged out my skiing thermals!

Posted

hey everyone smile.png

hope everyone is ok today! When are we having a measure up for snow depths? Is it tomorrow evening or Monday?

Iv been drawn against you Tilly so you are safe cray.gif ...it's all about tomorrow now in a clutching penalty shoot out rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Soooo....is my date with a snowman still on for sunday? Or am i gonna be srood up again like yesterday?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

The other thing to look at are the 2m temperatures and what happens to them over the next 24hrs over the nearby continent - NE France, Belgium and Holland. Notice that colder air spreads westwards through the course of today and with the easterly wind blowing straight from this area, this suppresses our own temperatures for tonight and throughout tomorrow. Current temperatures just over the North sea/channel area are a degree or so below freezing but they drop quite sharply from the east through the next twenty four hours. This means that although upper temperatures are not especially low, the advection of the low level cold combined with sub zero dewpoints should keep things non marginal

I'm very-much liking the sound of that, Tamara!good.gif

Posted

Still not seeing this Thames Streamer for today, the reason I dissed it yesterday was not because of the flow onshore of ENE Just conditions not condusive IMHO.

1. Cape was non Existant

2. LI of +14

3. Flow way too slack

4. Uppers and Gradient not steep enough

It has played out as I expected atm with an area of light blues and bits and pieces of graupel and ice pellets and mixed cold rain, not too say something might crop up later but atm am happy with my predictions from yesterday evening. Winds will this evening shift further to the NE Before the LP Comes up from France so maybe a chance of something for North kent Coasts later but other than that a boring cloudy weather day looking in the offing.