Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 20/01/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted

I agree, my reply was quite vague and by all surfaces I was meaning footpaths, grass etc, not gritted roads smile.png

Hehe yes - I'm not doing too well on hitting the right quote button tonight - I should've quoted the OP to add to your already good explanation :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Heavier echoes gonna come in from the east, really knackered and want to go to bed but beginning to feel something special coming from the east, risk missing the best event of the winter at your peril, this is gonna be a stonker!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Thats the latest image from NW premium.

Well its coming down thick and heavy here and im just to the east if you, so it migjt reach you in a bit!

Posted

Was just about to get off to bed and I look outside and the snow has just got harder. And looking at the radar there's some heavy stuff on its way!! Do I stay up that's the question lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

have you see whats heading directly west towards us on the radar, and its just pepping up all the time 0.o

If that continues on it's current course, you can be sure of about 6 inches tomorrow rather than 1-2... doubt it will though, surely?!

Posted

18z has that lot moving over the region tomorrow morning (surely it won't take that long) but with much less oomph..

Posted

If that continues on it's current course, you can be sure of about 6 inches tomorrow rather than 1-2... doubt it will though, surely?!

Well as HC has already said it's heading west and intensifying as it does - would be nice if it got here unmodified :D

Posted

that is very intense stuff, look at the light stuff that made it across the other day, this is full of energy...it will just smash through it.

Posted

Well as HC has already said it's heading west and intensifying as it does - would be nice if it got here unmodified biggrin.png

Got a feeling that it'll get within touching distance and then pivot away North!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Heavier echoes gonna come in from the east, really knackered and want to go to bed but beginning to feel something special coming from the east, risk missing the best event of the winter at your peril, this is gonna be a stonker!

Waited for this all week, no way am i sleeping now.

Posted

that is very intense stuff, look at the light stuff that made it across the other day, this is full of energy...it will just smash through it.

It'll pivot away before it gets here, surely?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Shrup! Lol

Posted

Well ,im off...bloody sick of this,I hope to wake up to a winter wonderland but I'm not too confident as still nothing falling from the sky and nothing on the ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Well its coming down thick and heavy here and im just to the east if you, so it migjt reach you in a bit!

Yep flakes are finally start to get bigger here... Come on :)

Posted

why would do that, if its heading is directly west, some of those echoes are real nice, I am not suggesting a big dumping. I think it'll be 2/5cm at best if we are lucky anything else is a bonus

Posted

Hehe yes - I'm not doing too well on hitting the right quote button tonight - I should've quoted the OP to add to your already good explanation smile.png

We're doing far better than I realistically expected so far from this system tonight. I hope me saying this doesn't jinx things for the remainder of the night!

I've been going to bed for the last hour and a half but keep finding myself at the window. I still stand by my earlier comment that if I wake up to a 1cm covering I'll be happy, anything else is a bonus :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

80% chance of heavy snow at 3am on the met site.

Looks like it tails off a bit around 3 or 4 but according to MO and BBC PPN maps, beefs up again around 9am, if thats the case, we are really in business!!!

Posted

We're doing far better than I realistically expected so far from this system tonight. I hope me saying this doesn't jinx things for the remainder of the night!

I've been going to bed for the last hour and a half but keep finding myself at the window. I still stand by my earlier comment that if I wake up to a 1cm covering I'll be happy, anything else is a bonus smile.png

I can't go to bed for as long as that area East of us is heading towards us. So far anything heavy has just missed us, surely not again?

Posted

Some heavy ppn just making its way into Lancashire now! Gonna hold on till it hopefully gets here!!