Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 21st January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunder and more snow

I'm bloody not.I'd much rather have cold over mild despite this constant tease of snow.I just wish we had a greenland high instead of the scandinavian.

Aye, at least we got a brief taste of the white stuff, I swear the next scally that I see letting its dog turd I'm gonna rub his nose in it if he don't pick it up! Had a snowball figHt in light oaks park with daughter on way back from school and got whacked in the chops by a dirty great big mud monkey mixed in with her snowball.... Dirty heathens!

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Aye, at least we got a brief taste of the white stuff, I swear the next scally that I see letting its dog turd I'm gonna rub his nose in it if he don't pick it up! Had a snowball figHt in light oaks park with daughter on way back from school and got whacked in the chops by a dirty great big mud monkey mixed in with her snowball.... Dirty heathens!

Ha ha ha found that really funny just can imagine somebody building a snowman and as it starts melting it goes brown ha ha

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

First time snows stopped since last night which i thought typical cause the temps now dropped from 3.1 to 2.6 but the good news is that break in the cloud has gone and the skies looking orange and its trying to snow again.

Posted
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station
  • Weather Preferences: winter snow summer lots of sun
  • Location: Walton liverpool 33m asl work hoylake near train station

For the people looking for it to come back on its self can't see it happening because of the front pushing in from the southwest

Posted

Looking like we'll get some better weather from the weekend onwards, rather than the grey laden skies and temp of 1-3 by day and night. Hopefully the next cold spell will actually be cold.

Posted

For the people looking for it to come back on its self can't see it happening because of the front pushing in from the southwest

Come back please come back :-)

Slightly clutching at straws - but the main front is fragmented over the Irish Sea ppn being driven around by SW winds up through the Midlands - not a true rotation but interesting to watch - rain or snow? - snow given the lying cover - still light snow here near Salwick.

Ian

It is a true rotation, there is a weak low pressure centre which was over the Midlands earlier and is now over North Wales.

Edited by Interitus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of all kinds, natural disasters and catastrophes.

Over 4 inches here in the northern Lakes, where are you?

near ambleside atm

It is disappointing that we can't get low enough temperatures to avoid a thaw in January! nea.gif

Interesting, many further south are having an ice day, and similarly to the east of the Pennines where it might be expected to have some less cold air off the North Sea. Wondering if parts of the Northwest have had some slight compressional warming - a weak Fohn effect.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

0C here according to my weather app on ipad finally!

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland

Posted

C'mon snow where you gone!

Posted

These days of endless cloudy conditions are becoming a large annoyance. I love the sun, want to see it!

No I agree,I want the sun but just for it to stay cold.Some frosty weathere would be nice.

Posted

It was orange here before

Posted

lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather of all kinds, natural disasters and catastrophes.

So while it appears that everyone here has had a good accumulation of snow over the last few days it would appear that I am now the only one not to see any accumulations of snow, as there are reports of depths of 4 inches in northern lakes (roughly 15-20 miles north?)

Today we have seen light snowfall with no accumulations - and now we have rainfall.

As a lover of winter and snow I am absolutely gutted.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

The sky is very pink now whys that?

Pink/ Orange.......It's the glow from the bbq heading this way

:D

Posted

So while it appears that everyone here has had a good accumulation of snow over the last few days it would appear that I am now the only one not to see any accumulations of snow, as there are reports of depths of 4 inches in northern lakes (roughly 15-20 miles north?)

Today we have seen light snowfall with no accumulations - and now we have rainfall.

As a lover of winter and snow I am absolutely gutted.

I hope you get something ,I really do.I suppose we still have another month or so of potential.

Posted

The sky is very pink now whys that?

It was orange here before

I'll have a pint of whatever you guys are drinking!!!! rofl.gif