Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 21st January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

There is definitely a small feature developing in the Irish Sea. May be seeing things but I'm sure its growing.

Yes ive seen that too!

Posted
Surprised at the amount of ppn that made it over the Pennines, seemed like about 10cm fell last night in Summerseat. Driving the work, similar cover until about Blackburn and then snowless from North Preston up to Lancaster. Been trying to snow in Lancaster all day, but not settling.

Yes, agreed. I was worried that nothing would make it over the pennines (or very little) and thankfully quite a bit did when I was nogging off in the early hours. I think with convective showers and a direct easterly nothing would have got over the hills, but this was more a south easterly feed with a main frontal system approach. So probably why it had more momentum behind it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Radar shows nothing as well, thinking a few showers will carry on building to our east and saouth east for a while yet!

Have to admit, the sky has still got that snow-ripe look about it :p

Posted

And what happens after I declare the last snow for me ? it starts snowing again tease.gif

How bad it is up there, I've got to make the journey back in a couple of hours. Were the tops of the A roads kept open today? Not that I'll be venturing anywhere near them lol

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

snowing here again,going to have to get a lot heavier though to repair the thaw damage

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Snowing moderately here,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Pickering north yorks this morning

Posted

Looking forward to some milder weather. :)

Posted

Looking forward to some milder weather. smile.png

I'm bloody not.I'd much rather have cold over mild despite this constant tease of snow.I just wish we had a greenland high instead of the scandinavian.

Posted

I'm bloody not.I'd much rather have cold over mild despite this constant tease of snow.I just wish we had a greenland high instead of the scandinavian.

These days of endless cloudy conditions are becoming a large annoyance. I love the sun, want to see it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Looking forward to some Atlantic action into next week maybe even some half decent wind storms developing. Pinning all hopes on the potential cold spell through February to see if that can deliver something of note, most of the snow cover has thawed today down to about 45% at the most! Currently 0.9c and it's snowed all day to varying intensity although it may have well rained the good it's done lol

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Like the first ten days of Januray........ Hang on no sun just rain and cloud! Great stuff lazy.gif

Yes :( a cold, clear air source would do, but a mild, clear air source for a few days would be bliss right now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Slightly clutching at straws - but the main front is fragmented over the Irish Sea ppn being driven around by SW winds up through the Midlands - not a true rotation but interesting to watch - rain or snow? - snow given the lying cover - still light snow here near Salwick.

Ian

Posted

Headline:

Cold and cloudy. Some heavy snowfall in the northeast.

Today:

Cold and cloudy for most, with some snow in Northern Ireland, and significant snowfall likely for northeastern Britain away from the coast, drifting here in the bitter wind. Southern counties of England may also see some sleet and snow.

Tonight:

Snow will continue in some eastern and especially northeastern areas. A band of rain, sleet and snow may also move into southwestern UK, giving snow and ice inland.

Tuesday:

Snow and piercing winds continuing over the northeast, before easing later. Drier but rather cloudy and cold elsewhere, although parts of southern Britain will probably see further sleet and snow.

Outlook for Wednesday to Friday:

Cold but generally more settled than earlier this week. Still a few snow flurries Wednesday, but dry and brighter for many Thursday. Turning wet and windy in the northwest Friday.

Issued at: 0400 on Mon 21 Jan 2013

**Turning wet and windy in the northwest Friday. bad.gif

Posted

Modatate ppn here in manchester :-) quote happy today but when I get home I will let you know if I am still happy with the ground cover.