Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 21st January 2013, 06z onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

I think Dianne Oxberry probably reads this forum from time to time, its one of the first links in Google sometimes and she's bound to be interested in weather given the job she does, other forecasters have been on here and I bet more are lurking without posting. She probably said she liked snow to shut you lot up after reading all the criticism! For all we know one of the regular posters could be her, you just wouldn't know if she didn't make it obvious!

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

0.2C here, dropping fast. -5C/-6C isn't out of the question tonight, -12C is a no go. NMM has clear spells after around midnight.

Not sure, afterall in 2010 in that snow cover period, it dropped 7C in 3 hours.. so it's obviously possible.. the only difference with last time was the the daytime maximums were much lower than now.. but yes -5C to -6C almost certain... the skies are starting to clear here now. Also with snow cover a breeze won't really prevent such lows either!

Edited by SP1986

Posted

You sure? We are getting snowflakes now and again, large ones, i keep trying to spur it on lol...why cant it bucket down like it has all day here cause the temps alot better now and it wont thaw out.

yes nowt

Posted

It's more or less died a death now.

Snow looks unlikely now until later this week (Friday?) looking like quite boring, overcast and cold weather until then.

It's been mostly like that here for days, so i won't notice much difference.rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I think Dianne Oxberry probably reads this forum from time to time, its one of the first links in Google sometimes and she's bound to be interested in weather given the job she does, other forecasters have been on here and I bet more are lurking without posting. She probably said she liked snow to shut you lot up after reading all the criticism! For all we know one of the regular posters could be her, you just wouldn't know if she didn't make it obvious!

Plenty of snow up there matey

Posted

Oh c**p ,I've been found out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

anyone got clear skies? Here they are clear and you can imagine what's happening!

Posted

anyone got clear skies? Here they are clear and you can imagine what's happening!

I'm hoping for some from tomorrow night, but as of yet it's still grey laden, although temps are lower than they have been for a few evenings. Currently 0.6c, so some icy patches maybe possible later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

-2.2c here now and after a maximum of -0.5c today.

Woke up to about 5 inches of snow this morning.

Came home from work to more like 7 inches so easily the largest fall here since December 2010 and possibly since the January of that year.

IMHO the best thing to out of France for a long time.

Posted

-2.2c here now and after a maximum of -0.5c today.

Woke up to about 5 inches of snow this morning.

Came home from work to more like 7 inches so easily the largest fall here since December 2010 and possibly since the January of that year.

IMHO the best thing to out of France for a long time.

Some of the red wine is quite nice :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Clear skies now. -0.1C.

Posted

Just had a walk up the road to where the tennis courts are. Out of my street it's still plastered, surprisingly!

post-8895-0-14882400-1358799244_thumb.jp

post-8895-0-51596500-1358799250_thumb.jp

Posted

Cloudy here but as some have stated the temperature is dropping so it is turning icy.

Just had a walk up the road to where the tennis courts are. Out of my street it's still plastered, surprisingly!

post-8895-0-14882400-1358799244_thumb.jp

post-8895-0-51596500-1358799250_thumb.jp

nice feet

Posted

Cloudy here but as some have stated the temperature is dropping so it is turning icy.

nice feet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

-0.2c everything freezing over, need ice skates outside and a chisel to get into the car!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Still orange clouds here with the odd flake and i mean odd flake! Lol starting to get icy though, temp 2.1 whys it not snowing though lol, cloudy

Posted

Still orange clouds here with the odd flake and i mean odd flake! Lol starting to get icy though, temp 2.1 whys it not snowing though lol, cloudy

The clouds are always that horrible street lamp orange here at night. Edited by greybing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Lets get through the mild blip at the weekend then look fwd to a mega Greeny High through Feb.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

I just wish that cloud above me is snowed out. I hope it to snow heavily until it all vanish into clear skies.

Edited by Fresh_Prince_Of_Leyland