• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Seems to be some fab Welsh snowfall pictures floating around in this thread. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

just seen gritter go by here and they rarely grit the roads up here at 1:50am too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it!

Just took a drive up to nearby Trimsaran and Pen-y-Mynydd which is at around 160m asl and there is plenty of lying snow there - deep drifts against hedges, and side roads are still completely covered. Elevation really does make a big difference! Snow falling nicely up there when I left but more of a sleety mix down in Llanelli.

Posted

Oh well here's the bad news - the weekend - two blizzards - friday night into saturday and saturday night into sunday - will increase totals dramatically again - the milder temps that were have been pushed back - and I can see them being pushed back further - till they don't happen at all - right then - window of opportunity to get out to get supplies - I'd say thursday - into friday - get more supplies if you can get out - cause you're gonna need them come the weekend - this weather is very very very scary!

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Are you sure Andy, it looks like rain event for people below 250m.

Drip,drip... more snow please?

Oh well here's the bad news - the weekend - two blizzards - friday night into saturday and saturday night into sunday - will increase totals dramatically again - the milder temps that were have been pushed back - and I can see them being pushed back further - till they don't happen at all - right then - window of opportunity to get out to get supplies - I'd say thursday - into friday - get more supplies if you can get out - cause you're gonna need them come the weekend - this weather is very very very scary!

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

I hope this band clumps up together to produce heavier precipitation then moves back east!

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

scaremongering buffoon. once he was right about the weather, all the other time he ramps a new ice age every other week in winter. its embarrassing. i'd suggest people listen to far more respected and sane members of this board rather than 'andy, look how wacky i am' music.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe disruptive snow or any other severe weather!

scaremongering buffoon. once he was right about the weather, all the other time he ramps a new ice age every other week in winter. its embarrassing. i'd suggest people listen to far more respected and sane members of this board rather than 'andy, look how wacky i am' music.

He jus has passion for the weather and warns people maybe ott but thats andy and i love it you dont have to take what he says as gospel do you?, and you dont have to call him wacky and insane i dont think this forum would have the same humour that is needed sometimes without him. Back to the weather jus woke to a surprise whiteout!! looking at radar the heavy stuff is jus reaching here well happy dont think im going back to sleep now :)

Posted

Don't be an old grumpy fart now! His posts are one of the main reasons for me logging on to this forum.

Posted

I would suggest you select the ignore option if you dis like Andys views so much .

Andy brings colour and vibrancy to the Wales forum , and although a tad excessive he isn't far off the mark usually .

Take Andys forecasts and add a few degrees on top and you won't go wrong .

It is not beyond possibility that there could be blizzards this weekend for the masses , but it is highly unlikely.

Posted

He jus has passion for the weather and warns people maybe ott but thats andy and i love it you dont have to take what he says as gospel do you?, and you dont have to call him wacky and insane i dont think this forum would have the same humour that is needed sometimes without him. Back to the weather jus woke to a surprise whiteout!! looking at radar the heavy stuff is jus reaching here well happy dont think im going back to sleep now smile.png

A clearance coming in but heavy showers moving up from the S East still could get a couple of cms during the day.

Posted

Are you sure Andy, it looks like rain event for people below 250m.

Drip,drip... more snow please?

Could well get some more snow early hrs of Saturday but i see heavy freezing rain as warmer pushes over the top the cold air midlands eastwards 10cms to 15 cms. Edited by keithlucky

Posted

got a further 5 inches still snowing

Posted

woke up to a very wet Machynlleth. Only our snowmen from last Friday/Saturday remain now.

Thoughts now turn to more important things as far as I'm concerned..."Hope it clears up for 6 nations eh?"

Posted

Disappointing totals considering the intensity and longevity of the front. Ground temps started rotting the snow as soon as it settled. I'm sure slightly higher elevations will have done very well.

Posted

It seems Swansea got more snow than the areas that were in the amber zone, front moved further west then originally forecast.

There are more showers moving NW, hope they intensify and clip my area later on in the day!

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

It seems Swansea got more snow than the areas that were in the amber zone, front moved further west then originally forecast.

A village 6miles from Swansea Pontardulais got nothing!

Posted

Swansea has been the sweet spot just look at the radar

Posted

Swansea has been the sweet spot just look at the radar

Is there more likely today, don't fancy taking kids to school then having to drive up that blinking hill to morriston comp to collect them if they decide to close