Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 6th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Jay Wynne just mentioned east anglia getting a couple of inches of snow tonight? Not heard about this

He also put up snow for Sunday as a possibility; quite an early call from the MetO. Obviously WHERE the snow MAY fall is another matter... Grey and blowy here, quite awkward for the trees, bushes and hanging baskets.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow, Thunderstorms & Summer Plumes

Jay Wynne just mentioned east anglia getting a couple of inches of snow tonight? Not heard about this

Mmmm yes...that surprised me too! I think yes some snow is possible this evening/tonight, but couple of inches it appears may be way off the mark. We'll see, maybe they have some info we don't, because I don't see anything significant on any model atm.

Indeed the Met Office warning still goes for 1-3cm at low levels which seems like a fair bet at this stage.

Edited by Chris D

Posted

Whereas Peter Cockcroft has a new identity and is now forecasting about the Upcoming Possible Record breaking Snowstorm for the NE USA On Friday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt_IP93B2QE - Bloody Mildy! rofl.gifrofl.gif

Posted

Whereas Peter Cockcroft has a new identity and is now forecasting about the Upcoming Possible Record breaking Snowstorm for the NE USA On Friday

rofl.gifrofl.gif

My fave forecaster lol!

Edited by Chris D

Posted

USA Friday, UK Monday........ :whistling:

Edited by Coast

Posted

INVAAAASION TIME!!!

Sorry but this one is my favourite Jim Kosek video lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

INVAAAASION TIME!!!

Sorry but this one is my favourite Jim Kosek video lol.

Lol we have got to get us some more entertaining forcasters, that guy is nuts, or maybe drunk and nuts. But it's so funny.

Edited by Coast

Posted

USA Friday, UK Monday........ whistling.gif

hey Coast! have you seen the radar just walked the dog down the seafront direct northerly now with showers headed our way! lol!

Posted

hey Coast! have you seen the radar just walked the dog down the seafront direct northerly now with showers headed our way! lol!

You better stick your location in your profile as I wasn't sure where 'your way' was!!! (I'm at work anyway :( )

Posted

Hi there I don't post on here much as dont have the knowledge as the rest of you but I honestly have to say we have rain with a few flakes mixed in here in hove :S

Only in the heavier bursts in the strong wind

Edited by ryan93

Posted

Hi there I don't post on here much as dont have the knowledge as the rest of you but I honestly have to say we have rain with a few flakes mixed in here in hove :S

Hi Ryan and welcome to Netweather! Don't worry about your knowledge or lack of it as we have contributors on here from complete novice to expert (including me, a guesser!). As this part of the forum is a lot more laid back than the technical areas such as model discussion, you should be OK in here with a lot of friendly people to guide you when you want.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Funny how coastal areas are seeing snow but much further inland it's just rain, anyone know why?

Posted

Hi Ryan and welcome to Netweather! Don't worry about your knowledge or lack of it as we have contributors on here from complete novice to expert (including me, a guesser!). As this part of the forum is a lot more laid back than the technical areas such as model discussion, you should be OK in here with a lot of friendly people to guide you when you want.

Thanks coast, I guess I have picked up on a fair few things from the more knowledgable posters, but yeah you should find me in here alot more now :)

Posted

Regarding snow next week.

What is the turnaround at Gatwick airport from snow falling to resuming flights again?

Say the snow fell on Monday, would it be more or less ok by Wednesday?

We're booked to fly to Jersey for my uncle's funeral on Wednesday and my Dad is flying out with my sister the day before… He's 94 and couldn't take a long wait when the flight's delayed.

Not sure if it helps and maybe CWT as well, I had to go to Belfast yesterday from Gatwick arrived to thick snow, school closures , road closures and a lot of snow on the grassy areas at Belfast Airport....runway was clear, taxiway was clear and landing was fine. Came back into Gatwick last night and noticed they have a long line of snow ploughs and gritters all sat next to the runway as we landed ready to spring into action. I have a feeling that the roads to Gatwick would be shut before they closed the airport so you will be fine I am sure.

Only in the heavier bursts in the strong wind

hi Ryan . Coast and Jp are the ones to watch for they know what they are talking about and are fab at it most of us just post what's going on in our area or us snow lovers stick to what we know best ... Lamppost watching :)

Posted

The sky is very dark and the wind is getting up again here

Clearer skies here but the wind has certainly picked up again. Gusts above 33mph for the last 4 hours now at Raf Northolt.

Clearer skies here but the wind has certainly picked up again. Gusts above 33mph for the last 4 hours now at Raf Northolt.

your just down the road then ! Had to shut windows as it was getting bad let my dog out and he come back in looking like he had been dragged thru a bush backwards :)

Posted

I'm not sure if GFS models are currently good, bad or indifferent for forecasting the weather :whistling: , but here is their latest output so we can find out how close they were after anything (if anything?) happens this weekend into next week:

This outcome would be good for some in here, rubbish for others:

prectypeuktopo.png

Filling in, getting a bit more widespread:

prectypeuktopo.png

Receding back to the South:

prectypeuktopo.png

and getting heavier:

prectypeuktopo.png

Then gone!

prectypeuktopo.png

Now I don't have to tell you all one run, one model

damn!! I just did.. :doh:

Posted

hi Ryan . Coast and Jp are the ones to watch for they know what they are talking about and are fab at it most of us just post what's going on in our area or us snow lovers stick to what we know best ... Lamppost watching :)

Hi Snowlady. Yeah I hear that I got a lovely lamppost outside my window :p an yep I've seen reading from other posters like yourself stating John pike an coast, ill defo be looking out for those two.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Hopefully, no matter what happens over the weekend, won't be as massively over-hyped as the non-stop stream of RAIN showers we're having today?

Snow Hurricane my...

Hi Snowlady. Yeah I hear that I got a lovely lamppost outside my window :p an yep I've seen reading from other posters like yourself stating John pike an coast, ill defo be looking out for those two.

me toooo (lamppost right outside my window) sooo lucky :) even thou some of my neighbours must think I'm a right nosey mare lol I must get a sticker saying I am purely lamppost watching ! :)