Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 6th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in the South East and East Anglia...please remember these regional threads were set up to talk about local conditions and your thoughts on how things are panning out so can we keep things light and topical and avoid any personal remarks - Thanks!!

Link to the previous one here:

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/75790-south-east-and-east-anglia-regional-discussion-31st-january-2013/page__st__780

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, heatwaves & thunderstorms

According to Ian Ferguson on the models thread it looks like the west and midlands will only get the heaviest snow on Sunday despite the ECM and UKMO showing the East and Southeast getting the heaviest. I hope the East and southeast doesn't miss out again

Posted

According to Ian Ferguson on the models thread it looks like the west and midlands will only get the heaviest snow on Sunday despite the ECM and UKMO showing the East and Southeast getting the heaviest. I hope the East and southeast doesn't miss out again

hi mate

monday is our best day

not sunday drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Far too early for detail yet - there will be several assessments to come over the days ahead and the areas with best chance of snow will be both expanded and contracted from one place to anothersmile.png

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Roll on Sunday into Monday: I've done very well this winter, snowise so very satisfied. Anything to come will be added bonus :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

How_to_park_in_winter[1]-thumb-448x336-62944.jpg

Not my road this morning...

Looking interesting late weekend/early next week we could get the right set-up for significant snowfall across our region, the timing cannot be pinpointed yet and the amounts of snow can be estimated to a certain extent using the models, but really we can only say a risk of significant snowfall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

I always stick with the models that indicate snow 0;

Posted

Heavy, blustery wintry showers will affect parts of eastern and northeastern England from Wednesday morning. Accumulations of snow are likely to be quite small over low-lying areas until the overnight period, when 1-3 cm may occur away from the immediate coast. However, over higher ground, for example the North York Moors and Wolds, accumulations of snow around 5 to 10 cm may build up.

Icy stretches will also develop on untreated surfaces during Wednesday evening and overnight into Thursday.

The public should be aware of the potential for disruption, especially to travel.

updated at 11.55

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ee/ee_forecast_warnings.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

If this does occur I would go as far to say for the South east corner this has been so far the most frustrating winter i can remember with so many failed promising charts, keeping my fingers crossed for a good old easterly to save the day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Regarding snow next week.

What is the turnaround at Gatwick airport from snow falling to resuming flights again?

Say the snow fell on Monday, would it be more or less ok by Wednesday?

We're booked to fly to Jersey for my uncle's funeral on Wednesday and my Dad is flying out with my sister the day before… He's 94 and couldn't take a long wait when the flight's delayed.

Edited by Iceni

Posted

Latest bbc news 24 forecast for today, doesnt forsee much in the way of snow showers in our region, despite the icy winds. Mostly of rain, with alittle sleet or wet snow mixed in with the heavier bursts. Their idea of wintery showers is cold rain, not quite the same as mine. !

Edited by fatyido

Posted

What is the turnaround at Gatwick airport from snow falling to resuming flights again?

I guess you are going to have to contact the relevant airport to check it out. As with a few posts in this region recently, you shouldn't rely on any information in here to catch flights or plan other trips that may or may not be affected by the weather. If you have any doubts or concerns about your ability to travel from or to a terminus on a certain day, please contact your specific travel provider (airport, airline, train company etc).

Good morning everyone!

Posted

If this does occur I would go as far to say for the South east corner this has been so far the most frustrating winter i can remember with so many failed promising charts, keeping my fingers crossed for a good old easterly to save the day

and as GFS has been getting a bashing in the MOD thread recently (not sure what it's done to deserve that!!) I'll start with what they have from the overnight output.

Sunday:

87a4c1344af8f447ff8752b52f0c264c.gif

Monday:

228b964a417b7e690fa1e365e6b0f122.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Good morning, peeps...

Snow has all melted, the sun is out, and the MOD thread is strange...

Posted

and the MOD thread is strange...

Ah, it must be Wednesday then!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzard conditions. ice days

00z, runs somewhat, dilute even dissregard poss snow event sun/mon. With all but ukmo, easterly incursion fadeing...However again 00z output and can struggle when firming is call of the day.plenty chance yet for resolve. And may well see thingsback ön course even by end of play today....need those 850,s in place, and warm sector non exisist...all to play for..

Posted

Ah, it must be Wednesday then!

Id change the name of the model discussion thread to the model moaning thread.. dont think theres been a happy soul in there all week so far!!

Posted

00z, runs somewhat, dilute even dissregard poss snow event sun/mon. With all but ukmo, easterly incursion fadeing...However again 00z output and can struggle when firming is call of the day.plenty chance yet for resolve. And may well see thingsback ön course even by end of play today....need those 850,s in place, and warm sector non exisist...all to play for..

I'm not sure if this is just a new trend that models are picking up or the actual weather that's coming. The hi-res models start to come into range in the next couple of days and will guide us to a more accurate idea as we get closer to anything that the weekend and Monday has to offer.

Id change the name of the model discussion thread to the model moaning thread.. dont think theres been a happy soul in there all week so far!!

I'm going to leak some nitrous oxide under the door into there!! laugh.png

Edited by Coast

Posted

I have to concur other areas are being spoilt compared to us.....

Guest bjaykent

I just posted the UKMO & ECM charts at 144 in there, which in most winters people would bite your hand off to see but sadly I think most are away from their computers slitting their wrists LOL. If it snows I will be happy, if it rains I will only be slightly less happysmile.png

Edited by bjaykent

Posted

I'm not sure if this is just a new trend that models are picking up or the actual weather that's coming. The hi-res models start to come into range in the next couple of days and will guide us to a more accurate idea as we get closer to anything that the weekend and Monday has to offer.

I'm going to leak some nitrous oxide under the door into there!! laugh.png

Model thread posters have been 'dislikeing' the GFS simply because it has not shown the slider low that well compared to the others. ECM and UKMO have been calling an easterly for some time now...GFS had started showing the slider low to a lesser degree...This morning, it seems as though all models other than UKMO have backed down on the idea of cold.....Maybe, as someone suggested, this could be the 'wobble' before something better? Thoughts Coast?

Edited by Simonl

Posted

MetO precip charts aren't currently in range from my sources, but Friday night into Saturday morning is looking like:

13020900_0600.gif

Guest bjaykent

and as GFS has been getting a bashing in the MOD thread recently (not sure what it's done to deserve that!!) I'll start with what they have from the overnight output.

Sunday:

87a4c1344af8f447ff8752b52f0c264c.gif

Monday:

228b964a417b7e690fa1e365e6b0f122.gif

The funniest comment in the mod thread I have seen this week is that if GFS proves to be right it will only be by default. Talk about can't win. Alright it has had a poor time of it of late but at least it it runs its model out to 384hrs & 4 times a day and makes all its data freely available for us to complain at.good.gif .