Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 6th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Guest bjaykent

Hi ya Coast et Gang

Just cast my eye over the charts they all bring in the easterly element as that slider low heads southeastwards....The ECM is nice as is the UKMO the GFS also looks promising...This latest run is an improvement on the previous for the GFS....Wouldn't mind a few upgrades. One thing, -4 to -12 uppers will FEEL cold! The best day for us in terms of ppn might well be late sunday into monday....Your thoughts?

GFS 6z moves again towards ECM/UKMO, looks like the usual outcome of somewhere in between come the end of the weekendgood.gif

Posted

The best day for us in terms of ppn might well be late sunday into monday....Your thoughts?

If I had to pick a timescale, then that would be preferred currently if the snow turns up in our region. I'm hanging on until NAE and NMM data is available and that will also be a tad more accurate being 48 hours away from any potential at most.

If you took a reasoned guess at all the current output across the board then there is a chance of the fabled slider and it could bring snow across bits of the region, if not all. I'm hesitant to be any more specific (or start ramping yet) as this is very difficult to forecast - and that's just what the knowledgeable, real weather experts are saying! biggrin.png

Posted

now i am a tad confused as the snow risk has completely gone from the snow risk/.will it snow dimension on here.

Think it may well come down to now casting

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

It's at 25% for croydon for snow, 95% risk of rain, Had some sleet a little while ago, but guessing the main event will be as forcast, rain.

Posted

I think looking at Sunday all we can say is that it is an evolving situation GFS is saying this ECM is saying that and unfortunately we can't really see enough data on the UKMO to say what they are saying other than a general idea of the postion of the low. What's the saying "more runs needed", although I think this one may well go down to the wire.

Posted

Hi you lot if I was you I would go and order the Chinese model as the Chinese seem to wipe the UK out with snow. :):) it is like THAT ECM

If coast could post the charts form it as I'm on my phone

Edited by Tom Jarvis

Posted

If coast could post the charts form it as I'm on my phone

The only Chinese I do is this one:

chinese-menu.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Back on weather topic before MKSN pits me on the naughty step, rather cloudy here now and the wind has picked up making it feel much colder.

I don't remember saying you could come off it after the last time rolleyes.gif

Anyway I'm back now so behave blum.gif

I've been enjoying a bit of tropical paradise this morning and I didn't even have to leave MK to find it good.gif

post-10773-0-52555600-1360153202_thumb.jpost-10773-0-45589900-1360153220_thumb.j

Posted

Probably looking out of the window on the day? looks like it will fizzle out into nothing by the time it gets here, everything or nothing i call it??

Posted

The only Chinese I do is this one:

chinese-menu.jpg

Can you post the charts I mean and how well has it been verifying I think that it did well in January how does it compare to the other models

Posted

Can you post the charts I mean and how well has it been verifying I think that it did well in January how does it compare to the other models

Sorry, I don't have any links and have never looked at them TBH

Posted

Sorry, I don't have any links and have never looked at them TBH

You should have a look at the cma it will please you allot

Edited by Tom Jarvis

Posted

You should have a look at the cma it will please you allot

But what I really want to see is an accurate and true reflection of what weather we might get, not necessarily what I want - although if it starts to get closer and it looks good, I will be unbearable!! (I mean more than I normally am wink.png)

Edited by Coast

Posted

Dull, dreary, grey, dreary dull. Horrible,

But that's enough about me Jan.......

Posted

But what I really want to see is an accurate and true reflection of what weather we might get, not necessarily what I want - although if it starts to get closer and it looks good, I will be unbearable!! (I mean more than I normally am wink.png)

You unbearable Coast?! I can't believe that!! Clouded over a bit now but still not what I would call cold.

Guest bjaykent

Just had a look a CMA, basically wants it to snow from this weekend through to next weekend with cold uppers of -8 throughout. Looks like a communist plot to sink Britain. Chances of verification probably zero.

Here's a couple of charts at 96 and 240 for you, wants to invite the north pole to stay next weekLOL!

post-16390-0-12307500-1360155327_thumb.p

post-16390-0-98487700-1360155340_thumb.p

Posted

Wasn't there a lot of talk about CMA when it came out last month? I was under the impression that it was relatively low res. Saying that I wouldn't say no to those charts.

Just had a look a CMA, basically wants it to snow from this weekend through to next weekend with cold uppers of -8 throughout. Looks like a communist plot to sink Britain. Chances of verification probably zero.

Here's a couple of charts at 96 and 240 for you, wants to invite the north pole to stay next weekLOL!

Guest bjaykent

Wasn't there a lot of talk about CMA when it came out last month? I was under the impression that it was relatively low res. Saying that I wouldn't say no to those charts.

I wouldn't say no to winning the lottery this weekend, chances are about the same I'd say. Edited by bjaykent

Posted

I wouldn't say no to winning the lottery this weekend, chances are about the same I'd say.

Yep very true, and I'm not even going play the lottery.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Dull, dreary, grey, dreary dull. Horrible, oh and cold.

MK That looks lovely where you were. smile.png

It's like that outside here too, with a very awkward wind that keeps blowing the garden chairs over......

.......I was in the Central Business Exchange Building Jan, at the Winter Gardens outside Duncan Bannatyne's Gym !

Posted

Why does the warm sector of lows always have to be over us in the south east, below london. Temp creeping up here dispite the cold wind and no sun.