Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 06/02/13 10z ------>

A.J

Posted

not a hint of white stuff mate

Been drizzle on and off in bury tonight, not sure what its like at home but we are same altitude more or less so will go with what your getting mate

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Been drizzle on and off in bury tonight, not sure what its like at home but we are same altitude more or less so will go with what your getting mate

just went outside mate and just rain. for now anyway.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Give it 60 minutes...

gonna saddle up mate. Sunday should see at least something.

Posted

Moderate rain

Just got home and its sleet/wet snow here now

Edited by cfallon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Long hot summers, cold winters.

id say its nonsense! since when has tonight meant to be a event..sunday people...........

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Just checked outside and there's wet snow falling now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

According to the nae we miss out completly....surely its wrong it has most of enlgland dry.

Edited by chicken soup

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

My money isnt on a snowfest or rainfest on sunday now, its on a nothing fest, however, i never give up until its impossible so lets hope.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Just got up and surprised to see a light fall of snow on the ground, cars etc. It looks to be dry at present and only a cm or so on the ground but still another one to add to list of days where snow fell. The Met O forecast for tomorrow and Monday still isn't backtracking from it's potentially very snowy scenario, haven't seen the other models yet and certainly not the BBC version of the forecast but surely time is now running out for a major backtrack.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Just got up and surprised to see a light fall of snow on the ground, cars etc. It looks to be dry at present and only a cm or so on the ground but still another one to add to list of days where snow fell. The Met O forecast for tomorrow and Monday still isn't backtracking from it's potentially very snowy scenario, haven't seen the other models yet and certainly not the BBC version of the forecast but surely time is now running out for a major backtrack.

I'm afraid not , latest nae brings it know further north than the mids, and a lot weaker of an affair .

Posted

For those who doubted my eyes at 2pm it was snowing - there is only a light covering but I can't here any dripping at the moment so it may stick around

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

I'm afraid not , latest nae brings it know further north than the mids, and a lot weaker of an affair .

Yeah your probably right mate but like many posters, I'll consign to the bin the models that don't look good IMBY and praise the others, no matter how poor they usually perform.

That said though the NAE has almost wiped the event out completely hasn't it and not just shifted the focus elsewhere.

Posted

For those who doubted my eyes at 2pm it was snowing - there is only a light covering but I can't here any dripping at the moment so it may stick around

Yes occasionally being on the right side in marginal situations is probably the only weather benefit we get from living in the highest town in Lancashire.

Current temperature on my weather station is is 0.6c so unless it falls I think it's only a matter of time before drip, drip, drip begins.

Posted

Just watched the BBC forecast and the southerly correction (hate that term as it sounds like it's illegal for it not to occur) has happened with snow now looking to be further into the midlands and most of us missing out.

That said though it all appears to be much more patchy than what was shown last night and TBH if it only drops a couple of inches of wet slushy crap then I'd sooner have a dry day.

It's still very much at odds with the Met O forecast though but if that comes on board then surely the warnings will need to removed as IMO nothing shown on the TV forecast warranted a warning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Wonderful once again the inevitable downgrades are occurring now we're getting nearer to T0, we knew it would happen!

Posted

Just watched the BBC forecast and the southerly correction (hate that term as it sounds like it's illegal for it not to occur) has happened with snow now looking to be further into the midlands and most of us missing out.

That said though it all appears to be much more patchy than what was shown last night and TBH if it only drops a couple of inches of wet slushy crap then I'd sooner have a dry day.

It's still very much at odds with the Met O forecast though but if that comes on board then surely the warnings will need to removed as IMO nothing shown on the TV forecast warranted a warning.

It was something I mentioned yesterday that there was another possibility besides track corrections that the whole system is downgraded overall and it feel likes it is as well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Never give up? You gave up even when the charts were favourable for this area.

Not totally, i still hoped, but against all my instincts, when people end up disappointed tommorow then i did warn them.

Posted

Not totally, i still hoped, but against all my instincts, when people end up disappointed tommorow then i did warn them.

Yes the NAE has downgraded the intensity of the PPN more so than anything else which was always possible given that the system has yet to form, we will see what the METO make of all the data later, but if it looks messy and uncertain they will stay on the safe side and not alter the currently snowy forecast.

Posted

Why is it that UK weather events always downgrade or at least shift emphasis immediately before the event but in the US they get days to prepare for something which nearly always comes off.

I remember being in New York in early December a few years ago when a very mild period was forecast to change to a much colder sunny few days by means of a squall line. At two days prior they were actually saying that this squall line would pass through between 7 and 8pm and unfortunately they failed.....it arrived at 8.10pm.

It did arrive though where as in this country it would probably have died a death and then pepped up again in France.