Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 06/02/13 10z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Never seen the snow line as pronounced as it was when I went out in the car this morning.

We had snow at home, about 1 inch and then at about 600 feet it vanished really abruptly only to start again as I climbed the other side of the valley. At my destination, about 1400 feet there was about 2 inches of snow on the ground.

It looked really wierd to see a green to white line almost horizontal across miles of countryside.

Posted

I don't care anymore. Wasted too much of my life this winter chasing synoptics and providing analysis for ungrateful sods in MOD thread.

Tomorrow just looks damp to me

Lol, soon be Spring CC. I wouldn't let it bother you as some in the MOD thread can't see past snow coloured spectacles, your views are greatly appreciated here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

BREAKING NEWS: 29.3'' of snow fallen in Portland, Maine. It is a highest snow deph in city's history.

That is about roughly 75cm fallen in Maine. Thats about up to our necks!

Edited by DavidCameronSucks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Don't even think heavier PPN will give more than a wintry mix, I personally can't see anywhere, in our region at least, seeing lying snow from this event.

I have never been convinced with this, pure rain all the way, I am just hoping tomorrow ends up dry, front to the SW

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Lol, soon be Spring CC. I wouldn't let it bother you as some in the MOD thread can't see past snow coloured spectacles, your views are greatly appreciated here.

Thanks SI. I said it could all go tits up in the space of 6 hours yesterday. Hoped it wouldn't though!

Posted

Never seen the snow line as pronounced as it was when I went out in the car this morning.

We had snow at home, about 1 inch and then at about 600 feet it vanished really abruptly only to start again as I climbed the other side of the valley. At my destination, about 1400 feet there was about 2 inches of snow on the ground.

It looked really wierd to see a green to white line almost horizontal across miles of countryside.

The interesting effects of physics ...despite not being the higgs boson.

Edited by greybing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

18 members viewing this thread, why is no one posting anything?

Cuz everybody doesnt have a clue what we gonna get tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

BREAKING NEWS: 29.3'' of snow fallen in Portland, Maine. It is a highest snow deph in city's history.

That is about roughly 75cm fallen in Maine. Thats about up to our necks!

I wonder what coloured warning their equivalent of the Met O put out for that one.

If we have same coloured marker pen at Exeter I bet they've never taken the top of it yet.

They do however declare states' of emergency up front like they have so many a year to use up.

I can't remember the UK government ever issuing one of those even after storms which have caused major loss of life.

Maybe it's just a political way of the immediate granting of additional powers and money but they certainly like doing it.

Posted

Not really all a bit too quiet for my liking.

i think its cos we all got excited about Sunday and now it feels like our hopes have been dashed again

Posted

Well I'm off out on my bike now. Was supposed to rain this afternoon here as well. Tomorrow now looks dry albeit rather cloudy for here. Chin up CC, I appreciate your take on the models along with others in here, tbh have stopped looking in the MO thread. We have enough people in here who know their onions as far as I'm concerned and that is without the SE bias. Its more accurate and a lot more friendly in here.

Posted

I don't understand advisories still out for 99% of the region with 24 hours to go???

well i watched the beeb forcast earlier and its was crap for our region but he also said all subject to change but to me it lookes liked Wales were going to get hammered??

What do i know lol

it looks like its slips too far south.

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted

The weather warnings are so confusing Im gonna pick the midlands warning because I live between the 2 weather warning areas.

Posted

it just does not feel cold enough, its raining here in haydock, its not feeling dramatically cold. I am not feeling this event myself but I know nothing technical about the weather.

same here

Posted

Briefly snowed here last night about 2:30am.

well thats a start..

Its been snowing in Bacup this morning.

Posted

Doesn't matter if it feels cold now, worry about how cold it 'feels' tomorrow.

true