Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 06/02/13 10z ------>

A.J

Looks more promising for us now, still adopting a cautious approach until cometh the hour. Although the BBC forecast looked good, they will still projecting temps to be 3c - can snow settle at this? That said they always go maximum temps during the day so temps may fall once/if the snow sets in.

3 deg for macnhester sounds about right Dodge,probably knock off a degree or so for oldham rochdale etc and with the ammount of precip id expect the snow to lie pretty easily.further west though,hmm,not sure,we'll see.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the latest beeb forecast dave mac posted looks tremendous for the north west,snow pretty much all of sunday.

another last minute change would really get on my breasts,thats putting it very mildly!

Lets hope there is no last minute change just been in the MOD thread trying to explain to them that currently midlands northwards is at highest risk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Looks like im on the firing for this one . Could this be better than the january snow . Im suprised crewe colds not on here seen as he could be in the sweet spot as well if it stalls

I'm here :)

Just keeping my expectations in check. We don't even get 1 event over 5cm here a year, let alone 2!

Let's see how this evolves.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

could this be the first widespread heavy snow event were cumbria dont miss out!? Lets bloody hope so! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Posted

I'm here :)

Just keeping my expectations in check. We don't even get 1 event over 5cm here a year, let alone 2!

How did you do in january

Posted

I'm here smile.png

We used to back in the day young man !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

hand on heart after many let downi think we all are ts

enjoyed reading your comments on the model thread. they all seem so confident it'll all shift south. wonder if its cos ninety percent of folk in there live down that way. madness Edited by swainclubber

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

We used to back in the day young man !

Yep indeed Ian. Inconceivable to think of the possibility now after so many years of barren nothingness and episodes of snowy heartbreak!

Posted

enjoyed reading your comments on the model tread. they all seem so confident it'll all shift south. wonder if its cos ninety percent of folk in there live down that way. madness

100% correct. That's why whenever I comment in the model thread I leave a cheeky line of "looks bad for the south" Ohhhhhh that must grind their gears!

100% correct. That's why whenever I comment in the model thread I leave a cheeky line of "looks bad for the south" Ohhhhhh that must grind their gears!

Be careful they'll delete your posts if you post ANYTHING negative about the south, there's snow on the ground and frequent snowfall through the entire winter down there you know! ;)

Posted

I'm going with the met office on this one, downgrades, upgrades whatever. They've forecasted quite well this year in my opinion so until they tell me otherwise im expecting 10cm :p

Edited by chiffer