Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 08/02/13 00z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I'd prefer Spring to come along at first with you don't mind. blum.gif Come Spring, the season of change will move from one moment being Summer like and the next back to Winter, got to love it. Rabbits will be going along with their usual rabbit like behaviour, wildlife will be full on in love and hate for each other in equal doses. The birds will be singing and the sights and sounds of our countryside will be alive with birdsound.

Then we can have our Summer heatwaves and occasional Thudnberstorms. good.gif

Which country have you been living in for the last 5 years? rofl.gif

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Which country have you been living in for the last 5 years? rofl.gif

Its out there Mull, you just have to go looking for it.

Oh to be in England, now that Spring is there.

Posted

Not sure why anybody was looking forward to this event in the first place. If this event was favorable for snow in the SW (which now it isnt it seems) it would start as rain.

So the ground would of been soaked, the temperatures nowhere near freezing and the whole pattern massively boarderline.

Any snow wet and slushy over high ground and not much settling at lower levels.

Not sure the ages of members here, but it seems some of you havent ever seen snow falling on dry ground, frozen from previous days of hard frosts and easterly winds and snow that actually blows around the streets as it begins to fall. That is proper snow. Not this fronal rubbish we have had in Januray and maybe next week.

Maybe I have spoiled by previous events in years past.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I'd prefer Spring to come along at first if you don't mind. blum.gif Come Spring, the season of change will move from one moment being damp and wet and the next back to cold and wet, got to love it. Rabbits will be going along with their usual rabbit like behaviour of swimming to their local food source, wildlife will be fully evolving into Amphibians or moving to high ground. The birds will be singing and the sights and sounds of our countryside will be alive with the sound of ducks swimming on the local fields.

Then we can have our Summer Rain and occasional glimpse of the yellow orb some refer to as the sun but thats just a myth. good.gif

I have altered a couple of things to make it more realistic hope you don't mind. good.gifblum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

I have altered a couple of things to make it more realistic hope you don't mind. good.gifblum.gif

I hope you didnt alter the warnings

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.25&lat=55.74&fcTime=1360238460

Edited by George

Posted

Warnings now removed for our Area .. As I said earlier we will need a big correction now to get something out of Sunday/Monday

Posted

Just to lighten the mood...or darken it further!

Boston/New York area - massive blizzards forecast - up to 60cms of snow - Alex Deakin just showed graphics on news24.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Did you know you can get a lifetime ban from netweather for undertaking such irresponsible actions. tease.gif

However, on this occasion I will live and let live as that's probably the most accurate LRF I have am yet to see. Sell it to the newspapers right this minute. laugh.png

Read all about it, read all about it.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

Its out there Mull, you just have to go looking for it.

Oh to be in England, now that Spring is there.

Wild Brownies on move,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Few more weeks and can start thinking of Spring, Just little pest of late Winter to get through,Suspect few surprises before done and dusted,

post-18298-0-64571000-1360324538_thumb.j

Posted

Warnings now removed for our Area .. As I said earlier we will need a big correction now to get something out of Sunday/Monday

Whilst at the same time, the surface feature has yet to develop. It doesn't do so until at least late Saturday from memory.

Not over much has changed bar a correction to our East I believe or am I reading things wrong. cc_confused.gif

Posted

Then they were gone.. cray.gifcray.gif

Like I said yesterday Met Office going yellow has it nailed for usnea.gif

Time will tell, I remain open minded and non commital at the moment given the data we have access to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Well,at least cornwall got a yellow warning for a bit.Big upgrade for here.good.gif

Not a bad winter really to get a yellow warning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

I think we all just need to change our perception of rain and make it wonderiously fantastic to go out and get soaked in big puddles.

No chance of being disappointed then...BUT there is still time for small, but potentially positive changes for some. I won't write this event off IMBY until Sat night/Sun morning. PLUS there may be chances of snow showers next week?

Kind of want Spring to hurry on in now though and for marginal snow events (& the rain) to take a hike :p

I'll have convective showers to start, warm sunshine as main and a thundery low from Biscay stalling close to our SW for dessert cheers.

Edited by Chris K

Posted

I think i might b the only one in the region who is still just about in the warning zone. ( newent glos). Still time for change in the warning zone i feel. Lets wait for the high res models.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Kind of want Spring to hurry on in now though and for marginal snow events (& the rain) to take a hike blum.gif

Thunderstorms please.

I know what you mean.There is allways a tipping point for me when i go from wanting snow and ice to sun and warmth.

Ithink for me now,that time is nearly here.

One last chance perhaps over the next week,10 days and then that will be it.

Anyway the nights are getting longer,time to get outside and do stuff, not sitting with the outside light on praying for a snowflake!

Posted

Looks like the USA are gearing up for a massive snow event.. Typical they always have to do things bigger and better than anywhere else including the flipping weather :)

And what do we get? NOTHING but RAIN aggressive.gif

kaz x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

49 Days to Easter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Rain should be warmer by then

post-18298-0-88360000-1360331515_thumb.j

Edited by cerneman

Posted

This comes courtesy of Gibby's analysis of the 0z model suites, whilst bearing in mind not all of these model output runs are the most reliable. Still all to play for, as we enter the middle week of February. drinks.gif

In Summary this morning there is still considerable doubt over which areas are going to be most affected by a potentially wintry spell in the opening days of next week. There is definately going to be a spell of wet weather with heavy rain over Southern and Western Britain over Sunday while the North and East are at more risk of snowfall. This still looks like extending to other areas too over Sunday night and Monday but to what degree disruption is likely is hard to call still this morning. The cold wintry weather then slides away SE towards the middle of next week with a relaxing of conditions as a ridge moves SE to give a cold and frosty period. Later there seems a reasonable amount of agreement from GEM and GFS of a breakdown to less cold and rainier conditions at the end of next week while the Euros keep things rather more anticyclonic with frost and cold air much more reluctant to give way until the weekend at least. The tussle between the cold block to the NE and the milder Atlantic winds around an Azores High continues within the output this morning.

EDIT: I have highlighted the main points in blue to which change may apply over the coming runs, be it negative or positive with regards to our chances of seeing snowfall acute.gifacute.gifacute.gif

Posted

I could cry, im going to be In york next weekend, they forecasted to get snow this weekend while we down here get rain, the weather hates mesorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

hmmmm, I'm supposed to be flying to Newcastle from Southampton at 8:55am on Monday,hiring a car and driving to Durham. Could be interesting.................help.gif