Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 10/02/13 17z ------->

A.J

Posted

If it makes you feel any better my road resembles a slush puppy

Haha, that's a small consolation I guess, thanks! It is now snowing here a little heavier, but there is literally no chance of it sticking. All that heavy precipitation sliding north west is going to miss us by a good 50 miles too. Zzzzzzz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

Looking among many of the other posts on here, I'm starting to feel a bit guilty! We've done really well here, a few cm's already with pretty much constant snow since about five in the afternoon, varying between light to occasionally much heavier.

Bish

Yh i know what u mean i was going to go out and take more pics there's about 6cm accumulated now but hearing reports that its quite localised in places i don't want to annoy people

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

Been snowing for a good few hours here, couple of cms currently, small flakes but lots of them, going to make getting to work fun tomorrow as i haven't seen any gritters today at all.

Posted

Definitely need to split these threads. You lucky West Midlands lot are making many in the East Midlands feel pretty miserable cray.gif

Technically im the east midlands snowing heavy here still :D has been since 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!!!!

What's the chances of my slush starting to freeze and then snow settle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

snow stil coming down here i think we wil get mor than the 5-6cm we already got.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Looked out the window half hour ago, light flurries, now it's coming down heavy, white over, very surprised, looking at the radar we could be in for a few hours of this, might get a shock in the morning......

Posted

Yh i know what u mean i was going to go out and take more pics there's about 6cm accumulated now but hearing reports that its quite localised in places i don't want to annoy people

Go ahead! Would rather see other people enjoying the snow. Seeing some is better then seeing none!

Technically im the east midlands snowing heavy here still biggrin.png has been since 6

Yeah, nuts how you're only 25 miles from here... As I said earlier, so marginal! Hope you enjoy any lying stuff in the morning!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Suprised alot of people reporting not much snow or settling snow here in coventry roads and main roads are coverd still snowing hard 3-4cms already built up

Are you in the higher NW of the City?

Posted

Just beginning to settle on favoured surfaces here now, radar looks good for Western and Southern Mids, not great for more than a dusting here.

Posted

I will although don't feel like U missed out much blackjack 10 I think come 10am tomoz 3cms will be the most left lying about tbh for here. Of course would love to be suprised but not gonna stay up all night to find out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

so far i think this event is turning out to be a quite a good1 here. I beleave there's mor to come tonight. Hey u guys over in the e.midlands i'm sure your turn will come soon.

Posted

I will although don't feel like U missed out much blackjack 10 I think come 10am tomoz 3cms will be the most left lying about tbh for here. Of course would love to be suprised but not gonna stay up all night to find out.

Nah it's fine. I find it hard to get too excited about snow here after spending last winter living in the Alps... No marginality there, when a decent front through 40cms was fairly common with the odd dump exceeding a meter! If only we were like that in the UK!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yeah, was very hit and miss down there, but it's where I saw the heaviest snow and covered roads. Everything around Leicester just look wet. As others are saying, I do think things are very localised!

If its any conciliation to us in the midlands, it's nothing epic in Luton either, just a dusting really. They've had the same problem with the amount of rain that fell today combined with the not so low temperatures.

Posted

Snow has eased up here in cov think that may be it?

Take a look at the radar, that block of precipitation that left London 20 minutes ago could make it to you!

Posted

It is snowing here reasonably. About 5cm on the grass, but only 1-2cm on the pavements. Windy! About time to go to bed.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

Precip fragmenting and starting to die down, apart from SE Midlands.

Posted

just standing having a fag and stil snowing quite heavy here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

blackjack 10 u beat me to it that what i was thinking

looks like there's plenty to comegood.gif