Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 12th February 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Please use this thread for your regional discussions about the current weather or what is being forecast for the next few days in the North West of England ...

Link to the previous one….

Posted

Well looking at the Latest 06z HARMONIE model it's going to be snowing from 9am right through to Midnight without turning to rain before a wave of sleet (lower levels) snow (high ground) arrives Thursday which could be heavy and wipe away all the snow. Wednesday is currently looking heavy for my area with 7.7cm currently progeed between 3-6PM.

Posted

Sounds interesting - the last breakdown offered 6hr of continous snowfall here and 8-10 inches - it never turned back to rain and if it hadn't been for a rapid rise in temperatures and overnight rain the following day it would have given many days of enjoyable snowcover. That said it did allow the Oldham v Liverpool game to go ahead in the FA Cup and we all know what happened there :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

The low that is coming in tomorrow is actually a ex-winter storm Nemo. May as well still name the low Nemo now because its going to be snowing and windy here. So this low has got a quite a history.

Edited by DavidCameronSucks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Talking of Winter Storm Nemo heres the headline one of the newspapers here: http://www.express.c...ads-for-Britain

Video of it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/21428273

Edited by DavidCameronSucks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms and snow

It has gone so icy cold out there and feels like it is getting darker, or is that just dirty windows in my office???

I also see that our snow dome has been taken off by the Met Office on their warning for tomorrow

Tomorrow will be pretty boring on the face of things!

How exactly do you come to this conclusion? Heavy snow for a lot of the region from pretty much 6am tomorrow morning only turning back to sleet and then rain in the late afternoon. A good covering for many tomorrow.

Edited by DaveMac82

Posted

Tomorrow will be pretty boring on the face of things!

?? Bizarre statement

Posted

Just had a walk to the Post Office something sleety is in the air and the temp is now 2.9c and falling. It has become dark as well. Tomorrow will be interesting in the Greater Manchester area. I think the mild air will find it difficult to push in so don't be surprised If the snow is prolonged and deep

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

I have definately just seen some fluffy snowflakes when i was outside, the skies full of it!

Posted

I have definately just seen some fluffy snowflakes when i was outside, the skies full of it!

is there anything on the radar SparkleS?

Maybe the fronts arriving early

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Not particularly, just the ofd dot here and there http://www.raintoday.co.uk/mobile

But the skies full of it

My temps dipped to 3.4 here