Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Discussion 18/02/13 20z --->

AWD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

hmm.....overcast and a tad drizzly this morning......satellite imagery suggests unlikely to see any sun here today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but foggy damp weather

St,Davids day starts with much brighter skies,some rain spots in air,

Edited by cerneman

Posted

Dull, grey and drizzly. rolleyes.gif

I suppose it makes a change from dull, grey and dry. unsure.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

So it looks like we'll see more of the sun next week, relative to how much we've seen it lately anyway, in between the rain bands and showers although the one bonus will be milder temps.

Dunno if I'm looking forward to next week's weather or not, yes it may be cloudy, dull and cold out there at the moment but at least it's dry with no flooding issues.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

7°C today but it's still dull and crap.

I have a funny feeling that March is going to crap as well, signs pointing to it being cold & wet. I think the bodes well for later on though, and perhaps Summer.

I do believe in the thought that if you get rid of the rubbish now then it will be better later on. If you're locked in to certain patterns then they eventually have to change, the signs look good to me for a half decent Summer.

It's only speculation of course.. :)

Posted

I was out working between 07.00 - midday and there was a surprising amount of that time which had drizzle, light rain and even sharp showers falling as the Cold Front moved across. I'd say that out of those 5 hours there were 3 and a half which had rain falling, considerably more than the often used phrase in forecasts this week ; "the odd spot of drizzle" !

Posted

7°C today but it's still dull and crap.

I have a funny feeling that March is going to crap as well, signs pointing to it being cold & wet. I think the bodes well for later on though, and perhaps Summer.

I do believe in the thought that if you get rid of the rubbish now then it will be better later on. If you're locked in to certain patterns then they eventually have to change, the signs look good to me for a half decent Summer.

It's only speculation of course.. smile.png

Seems we will have more unsettled weather next week, Lots hope we can get half decent late spring/early summer,,,,,,,,,, Edited by cerneman

Posted

Lots hope we can get half decent late spring/early summer,,,,,,,,,,

April looks like the sweet-spot on the NW LRF:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=longrange;sess=

Posted

Australia has just seen its hottest summer on record, it usually follows that what they get in Oz & New Zealand (crap summer, cold winter) we often get similar here, so here's hoping that we get a decent summer in the UK this year drinks.gif

Dull & grey again here today though high of 8C earlier after a low of 4C.

Posted

Australia has just seen its hottest summer on record, it usually follows that what they get in Oz & New Zealand (crap summer, cold winter) we often get similar here, so here's hoping that we get a decent summer in the UK this year drinks.gif

Have you any info, stats or links to back that up?

Being honest does Australia ever have a 'crap summer' ? Parts of it may do as it's such a huge country but most parts have good weather every summer, so therefore any good summer we have will follow a good one there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

As it's Friday, go to YouTube type "do the harlem shake" in the search bar, hit enter and wait ..

Edited by Mapantz

Posted

Funny really, about 2 weeks ago I posted in here commenting on the fact that this current cold spell was going to be dull and boring. Had some comments telling me it was going to be anything but that, well 2 weeks of dross later.......acute.gif

Edited by SNOWYLAD

Posted

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/drought-of-1976-brought-standpipes-and-shared-baths-478513.html Just for interest. Have read of this article about the wonderful summer of 1976, Remember my neighbour out at 2am in morning watering there garden, It was like SAS operation.done in silence with hooded torch, If caught.people faced £400 fine and being ostracized,

Edited by cerneman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Welcome to Spring everyone!!!

Here is Saturdays Forecast for Cornwall ->

http://cornwallweather.moonfruit.com/#/cornwall/4573724902

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Should start getting progressively milder now with some sunshine tomorrow and Monday before the return of the rains Tuesday onwards.

Am hoping there will be some early spring convection come the end of next week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Well thats the first two days of spring I have down as snow days. Abit pathetic but hey.

Left for work this morning at 8am and it was light snow at home and a few grains in the air yesterday also.

When will that sun come out!? lazy.gif

Posted

When will that sun come out!? lazy.gif

Sometime tomorrow! I promise!! :p :p :p :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

I'm glad I'm not only one who saw snow this morning, thought I was seeing things

Posted

Sometime tomorrow! I promise!! blum.gifblum.gifblum.gifblum.gif

This made me laugh! Have a look on the bbc weather website then check the latest west country forecast.....

Early on she says "there is no rain on the way and we do need it" What planet is she on!? rofl.gifmega_shok.gifhelp.gif

Posted

This made me laugh! Have a look on the bbc weather website then check the latest west country forecast.....

Early on she says "there is no rain on the way and we do need it" What planet is she on!? rofl.gifmega_shok.gifhelp.gif

Yeah, that was Jemma Cooper last night. We have had a below average month in terms of rainfall and now we need rain!

I would hazard a guess some of our Somerset and Devon residents would have a different opinion on that.

A dry March and we will be back in drought conditions no doubt! :p

Posted

Yeah, that was Jemma Cooper last night. We have had a below average month in terms of rainfall and now we need rain!

I would hazard a guess some of our Somerset and Devon residents would have a different opinion on that.

A dry March and we will be back in drought conditions no doubt! blum.gif

It really is dire out there another dry week and the stand pipes will be delivered to a street near you... rofl.gif

post-8911-0-32101300-1362216965_thumb.jp

Edited by mullender83

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Varying shades of grey here this morning and a tad fresh.Looking forward to some milder temperatures this coming week..Here's hoping.