Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 21st February 2013 18:00hrs>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

The met office dont have any warnings out for the weekend or today so I suppose there not expecting anything to bad. Just wondering if its safe to go out in the car and I'm not going to get a surprise and get stuck somewhere. I don't do driving in the snow :-)

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

The GFS is an upgrade in terms of precipitation type and for us in the SE corner. In particularly for late this afternoon! Risk remains throughout until monday.

Posted

Late this afternoon an upgrade in terms of snow possibility. best days saturday into sunday I would say. Outlook remaining cold and possible northerly first week march!

good.gif

THe radar gets better & better each return-

ETA north west kent- ~ 1130-

lots & lots of greens.......

S

Ooh Steve - pack it in lol

Posted

THe radar gets better & better each return-

ETA north west kent- ~ 1130-

lots & lots of greens.......

S

I hope so Steve. It's been snowing very lightly here on and off and I was wondering why the ppn seems to be going over us but not coming down very much?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry or cold and snowy, but please not mild and rainy!

medium flakes floating down lightly outside my window in the city of London. Never going to settle but pretty to watch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Here are the snow accumulation "thoughts" of NMM (06z run), until 6 a.m. on Sunday.

Maybe head to the Cherbourg Peninsular?tongue.png

post-11059-0-57550300-1361530707_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

It's snowing in Tunbridge Wells. Pretty little flakes dancing in the wind!! Getting heavier but still too dainty to lay

Maybe my K-index is more skewed than yoursacute.gif but I get an awkward mix of one or two fat flakes that look like a dramatic snowstorm of Croydonian council alert proportions is about to start and than a frenzy of baby flakes which last about thirty seconds and then very shyly stopblush.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

Why are the temp predictions on BBC so off all the time. predicted temp last night was -2 for london. we got down to 0.5 only. max temp for today was 2 and we are now already at 2.4. Same thing happened last cold spell, predictions for at least 3 nights of 0 degrees for London but never went below 1. They really are a waste of time. (And those predictions are for the centre of london aswell).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy in Winter, Cold and Wet in Summer

moderate snow outside the office window- 9 floors up facing east, in the City

Posted

It's been flurrying here - between Sittingbourne and Faversham for about two hours. Dandruff mostly, with the occasional thicker, denser snowflakes to raise hopes and expectations! Nothing's settling though, and I'm just wondering whether the 'flakes' I'm watching now are recycled from earlier, after being blown around and back up they are now coming down again!

Just looked up 'Flurry' in the online dictionary:

FLURRY - noun.

1. commotion, stir, bustle, flutter, to-do, excitement, hurry, fuss, disturbance, flap, whirl, furore, ferment, agitation, fluster, ado, tumult There was a flurry of excitement.

2. burst, spell, bout, outbreak, spurt a flurry of diplomatic activity

3. gust, shower, gale, swirl, squall, storm A flurry of snowflakes was scudding by the window.

It struck me that this could be a pretty accurate description of the emotions experienced by us all during this past winter as we watch, wait, hope, jump up and down, weep, wail and stamp our feet at the vicissitudes of snow and weather.

Happy weekend to everyone!

Sue x

Posted

light snow blowing around in the city

Posted

Well if the anaprop problems are over then this could turn a bit embarrassing for the UKMO! That precip certainly looks to be developing well to the east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep snow, thunderstorms, heatwaves

The estuary is exploding into life more and more by the minute, could be a few inches IMHO for favoured parts if this persists and intensifies