Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Regional Discussion 11th March 2013 15.00 hrs onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Quick 10 second vid,would have been longer but that`s the other 1/2 pulling up and had to move the bike so she could park. :p

About twice as much out here since i took that a short time ago,gonna be a interesting night.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Yes is now clear skys biting wind but no train/streamer or even any snow showers now.........rofl.gif

Same! Grrrrrr

Look to the North East

They keep dying out before they get to me with a NE'ly, need an ENE'ly or Easterly right now.

Posted

Ok just heard an announcement at richmond train station that there will be really heavy snow tonight and there might be train cancellations.

Posted

Just looked at the radar, zoomed in on my postcode (DA7) and it looks like the snow is about 2 miles south of me - I hope it pushes north a tad!

Which radar? Can you post a link please?

Posted

Nothing here for 45 mins now, Pitch Black over towards Southend and from the Frontal Activity to my South, Beautiful Crimson Sunset just now to my West.

Yes I can see the sunset over to the North and West.

Still Grizzard conditions here.

Very localised indeed.

Do you have coverage on the road now Paul?

Posted
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )
  • Location: near Charing ( Mid Kent between Ashford & Maidstone )

Pathetic day. Absolutely nothing worth any note, yet again a let down. About 4th time this winter. Oh well

You are not that far north east of me in Kent and it only started coming down here with any intensity and consistency in last hour - so it wont take much for it to reach you in Canterbury. Dont give up hope :)

It seemed to take an age for the band to come north of Ashford so here's hoping it moves further north and sticks around for a while.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Squeeky bum time for snow in my neck of the woods.Looks like Sevenoaks Southwards is going to be hit which is frustrating as i am about 8miles away and last hour has had the odd flurry and that is about it.Temp down to minus 1.3 and bitter but all roads and pavements have dryed up.Think if it doesn't start in next hour my thoughts of last night will be right when i thought Tunbridge Wells Southwards would be in firing line,the snow heavier as you get nearer the coast(Not often you can say that!!)

Good Luck to those that have snow and get it overnight(snow that is!!) but for this part of NW Kent the snowshield i fear has done its worst again!!sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Any chance for us in high Wycombe. Fed up now :-(

Guest bjaykent

Have been under almost constant heavy snow showers for around two hours now and still snowing heavily, everything white, difficult to estimate depth due to wind but would say at least an inch now. Very, very windy.

Edited by bjaykent

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Really beefy snow showers to my east, can see deep streaks helping the hills to dissapear! SO SO CLOSE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

Can see clear skies out to west but still on the edge of the showers here. A light covering everywhere and drifting in an eddys ( sheltered areas ). Temp -2c

Be interesting to see if the channel low enhances or kills the convection. If its the former then it's gonna be a good night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Still chucking down with 'dust snow' so it's not accumulating large amounts, but it covering quite quickly.

OH is commuting home on the coach, so hopefully the A2 will remain clear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Have been under almost constant heavy snow showers for around two hours now and still snowing heavily, everything white, difficult to estimate depth due to wind but would say around atleast an inch now. Very, very windy.

Same here Bj,soon as dusk started to set in bamm,really picked up,not stopped now since i took that short vid.

Posted

Have been under almost constant heavy snow showers for around two hours now and still snowing heavily, everything white, difficult to estimate depth due to wind but would say at least an inch now. Very, very windy.

Yes, think you are at the other end of our shower train.

Been a decent couple of hours.

Wind is starting to turn more NNE now, so we may start to lose the showers. But it could bring others in Kent that have missed out, into play.

Edited by Shrimper

Posted

Yes I can see the sunset over to the North and West.

Still Grizzard conditions here.

Very localised indeed.

Do you have coverage on the road now Paul?

No just the grass and some roofs away from that evil wind.

Posted

For those in the Southend area I have just come back from London on C2C and the snowy conditions are very localised. There was only some patches of snow from Basildon even to Leigh. From around Westcliff onwards it seems to get much worse and roads east of Southend are extremely bad.

We had a few heavy showers in London but nothing that laid.

Posted

We have had a lot of showers here today in ippy, not really settling anywhere but grass until around 4pm, then bang snowfall pretty constant for well over an hour, not sure how much has fallen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Beast of a shower heading towards Norwich. If it was Summer I would be calling thunderstorm on it. Clear here.

Guest bjaykent

Can see clear skies out to west but still on the edge of the showers here. A light covering everywhere and drifting in an eddys ( sheltered areas ). Temp -2c

Be interesting to see if the channel low enhances or kills the convection. If its the former then it's gonna be a good night.

We seem to be in the right place for the first time this winter, hope it can continue. Have been watching that clear slot over the river for the last 45 mins now but hasn't got any closer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Got 5cms now,shame its only little flakes,would love a few hours of 50ps,still snowing,is it due to get worse IMBY,I'm about 2 miles off the coast,between winchelsea and camber sands