Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 17th March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

Very strange. Its not really heavy here yet but its consistent and there is about an inch lying on all surfaces. Should get better for all by dawn I hope.

It was exactly the same with the other event. To the W,S,E and N all got snow but I got a couple of flakes of sleet.

Had no lying snow this winter and only wet snow falling for 10 minutes or so.

It has been the most frustrating winter I can ever remember.

What's even better is it peps up again as soon as it has passed over.

Edited by Mucka

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was exactly the same with the other event. To the W,S,E and N all got snow but I got a couple of flakes of sleet.

Had no lying snow this winter and only wet snow falling for 10 minutes or so.

It has been the most frustrating winter I can ever remember.

I sympathise but don't give up yet by a long shot. Like I said its hardly raging blizzards here yet. Surely this is going to intensify and stall over the middle of the country.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in the Summer, cold and snowy in the winter, simples!

nope,its wet and the 3.30am radar just gets worse.

Well at least you have precipitation LOL

Sorry mate, just trying to lighten the spirits, it's bone dry here.

Latest NAE for T24, snow for everyone!

except us.

Shadow effect is evil.

13032300_2200.gif

Edited by Mucka

Well at least you have precipitation LOL

Sorry mate, just trying to lighten the spirits, it's bone dry here.

Latest NAE for T24, snow for everyone!

except us.

Shadow effect is evil.

13032300_2200.gif

I NEVER want to see a se wind again in my life,anything but a south easterly,they are worse than a tropical southerly in jan uary for snow round here.

Posted

I NEVER want to see a se wind again in my life,anything but a south easterly,they are worse than a tropical southerly in jan uary for snow round here.

Yeah same. Even the mild winters were better than this for me as at least I didn't have to watch everyone else get snow repeatedly and never get any myself.

It's all the build up, watching the charts for days and seeing the chance of snow get nearer and nearer and then boom, you're told it's perfect for your location, heavy snow, blizzards but we get F all.

Thankfully I was half expecting this and warned about it in the model thread to try and limit expectation for those in SW Manchester but even so it's still massive let down.

Actually I thought Oldham would do okay along with other areas in North Manchester and Chester was where I thought would be most likely to see good accumulations.

Anyway, you never know, you may see something tomorrow.

Have to post the latest NAE accumulation chart, sorry about the puke all over it, that was me when i saw it.

13032318_2200.gif

Edited by Mucka

Posted

Things improving here as it is no longer dry, I now have a little light rain.

Off to bed before I smash something.

Posted

I can never remember a winter with so many hours of continous, non marginal snow events eith so little in the way of accumulation.

About 2cm is my best this winter.

This current event oh so predictable though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Got nearly an inch now, was taking a while to accumulate but it's coming down heavy now and is building up faster. Amazing. Has anybody seen the latest met-office text forecast? OMFG.

Posted

Just woke to chek outside and we have snow falling hard . Looks about 3" deep, more in drifts.

Radar shows the sleety wet stuff not far away now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Snowing nicely here,the problem is it will not settle,everywere soaking wet

C.S

another 24hrs plus of this,surely things have to improve

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Still snowing here and now settlin on the slushy roads. Everywhere turning white

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Got nearly an inch now, was taking a while to accumulate but it's coming down heavy now and is building up faster. Amazing. Has anybody seen the latest met-office text forecast? OMFG.

Yes the text forecast on paper reads like we are going to get a pasting,i am far from convinced at the moment

like my earlier post snowing nicely here but not settling,the ground is now so wet

5 hours into this event and i can only say i was expecting a lot more,that said time is on our side with the front not set to leave

southern parts of the region until lunchtime tomorrow

C.S

Edit

just starting to stick on the cars and grass,flakes getting a lot bigger a swell

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, storms

What did it say Chris?

Edited by loubie_4

Posted

Is the wind foeecast to veer round north of east at any point? Might be game on then.

Clutching at straws to be honest. Live in the hole. Die in the hole.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

What did it say Chris?

Headline:

Very cold and windy with widespread snow.

Today:

Cold and windy with widespread snow. Persistent and heavy snow at times, especially over high ground where there is a risk of blizzards and large accumulations. Strong southeasterly winds will bring a significant wind chill. Maximum temperature 3 °C.

Tonight:

Snow will continue, heavy at times with strong southeasterly winds maintaining the risk of blizzards over high ground. Towards morning snow should tend to ease across Cumbria. Minimum temperature -1 °C.

Saturday:

Outbreaks of snow will continue, heavy at times across the south and the Pennines, especially at first. Becoming mostly dry in Cumbria later with snow fading elsewhere. Cold and windy. Maximum temperature 3 °C.

Updated: 0248 on Fri 22 Mar 2013

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/nw/nw_forecast_weather.html

I've never seen a text forecast quite as good as that before!

Posted