Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 17th March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Blizzard conditions in stoke

Is it setting chess?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Certainly getting whiter outside and the temp. and dp are beginning to fall, down to 0.4/-1.1C from 0.7/-0.9C 20 minutes ago.

Posted

This will be the second system of it's type i.e. coming in from the South West were there seems to be almost a brick wall standing in the way just around Manchester area and those to the north of it. Just play the radar loop and watch those dark green/yellow vapourise into very light blue almost instantly as soon as it reaches Manchester areas.

Yes, so far the NAE has nailed the event! It has greater Manchester under 1mm per hour for much of the day apart from a spell in the afternoon when it gets to 4mm per hour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Just in from work. Has snowed all night. Couldn't even see ahead walking down the road it that blowy. Steady but small but seems to be making headway now and sticking properly. Itv states we got it till 3pm tomorrow. Bbc northwest says till 6pm tonight !! Anyone got Any info re this ??

Edited by Maria Spinks

Posted

This will be the second system of it's type i.e. coming in from the South West were there seems to be almost a brick wall standing in the way just around Manchester area and those to the north of it. Just play the radar loop and watch those dark green/yellow vapourise into very light blue almost instantly as soon as it reaches Manchester areas.

Not just Manchester ! Its just as bed up here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

When I got up this morning I thought it was wet snow because of being on the coast but it was a surprise hearing it's the same for many in the region. Really hope things get better as the day progreses.

Posted

It is heavyish in Manchester it's just the flakes are tiny I'm praying they will get bigger and it will start to stick

Posted

Remember the snow will gradually be fizzling out into the afternoon before pepping up drastically overnight we're only 7 hours into this 32hour event afterall. Tonight and Saturday being when the higher totals are seen, think of today as an appetiser.

Posted

Just seen a pic on the BBC news taken in Wrexham, the car in the pic looked to have at least 6 inches of snow on its roof!

Posted

It started snowing here around 3am and as I expected it's been wet snow with a slushy covering of around 2cm. Temp is 1.4c, so until that starts to fall we'll struggle to get a decent cover, at least it's snowing I guess but somehow I can't see those projected amounts coming off unless you live above 300m.

Posted

Not just Manchester ! Its just as bed up here.

Yep... if you look at the radar you are on our side of the 'naff all' line lol... still early days, it's set to last all day and into tomorrow. It may intensify at some stage on it's eastern flank.... but of course by that time those east of the Pennines will be jumping for joy. Already Leeds as had quite a bit. Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Keswick looks quite snowy - I'm off this evening so hopefully it isn't too wet there!

http://www.georgefisher.co.uk/pages/webcam.asp

It is allegedly below freezing according to the Met Office.

Posted

It's funny how the colour of the sky is leading me into false hope, it just keeps getting darker.