Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 20/03/13 22z ---->

A.J

Posted

and why would that drive you nuts

lol, it just does. It is shocking use of the English language, people who write like that should be lined up and flogged!!

C'mon, only prodding gently!

Posted

Heres a couple of pics of what it was like round here yesterday. 1st is the road across Blanchland moor at work and secondis looking over Tynevalley from near home.

post-9655-0-39196100-1363957734_thumb.jp

post-9655-0-99631100-1363957795_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

So gav any sign of warmth on the horizon? Im bloody fed up of this cold grey weather

Latest met office outlooks suggest it turning "less cold" next weekend and into April

UK Outlook for Wednesday 27 Mar 2013 to Friday 5 Apr 2013:

Many places will start dry with some sunny spells by day, particularly towards the west. Some sleet or showers are still possible in the east but these will tend to ease. Staying generally cold or very cold with widespread overnight frosts and bitter winds. Rain, locally heavy, probably spreading into southern areas from around Saturday next week and turning to sleet or snow as it moves northwards, giving further snow accumulations in places. Cold or very cold at first, but temperatures recovering to nearer normal across southern areas during Easter weekend. Thereafter, conditions look likely to turn less cold across most parts, but with rain or showers, particularly in the south and west. Windy at times with a snow risk continuing in the north, especially on high ground.

Updated: 1205 on Fri 22 Mar 2013

Into April it could turn colder again but this forecast changes frequently

UK Outlook for Saturday 6 Apr 2013 to Saturday 20 Apr 2013:

Southern parts of the UK are likely to be unsettled with rainfall amounts possibly above average, especially at first. Temperatures starting off around average, but may fall below normal towards the middle of April, although it will probably be less cold than recently. Further north, and particularly in the north east, colder than average conditions are likely from the start, with a risk of overnight frosts. Around average precipitation here, and perhaps further snowfall at times, mainly on hills and mountains. Sunshine amounts are likely to be close to the seasonal average in the west of the UK, and just below average elsewhere.

Updated: 1212 on Fri 22 Mar 2013

Light snow again in Darlo its not sticking though that wind is bitingly cold today

Posted

Thomaz Scratchyerknackers on BBC Radio Five Live just said only light and patchy sleet or drizzle for the North East!!sorry.gif

Edited by snowmackem

Posted

Thomaz Scratchyerknackers on BBC Radio Five Live just said only light and patchy sleet or drizzle for the North East!!sorry.gif

He will forever be known as the man who forecast half a metre of snow for us... only for it to all fall as rain (remember that one a few years back?). I find his presenting style intensely irritating and condescending, I'm afraid.

Posted

He will forever be known as the man who forecast half a metre of snow for us... only for it to all fall as rain (remember that one a few years back?). I find his presenting style intensely irritating and condescending, I'm afraid.

Every time someone says Tomasz Schafernaker I always remember this

http://youtu.be/BImuobqTcds

rofl.gif

Posted

I do Nick, and I agree with you, but he still said what he said,booo

Posted

Every time someone says Tomasz Schafernaker I always remember this

http://youtu.be/BImuobqTcds

rofl.gif

One thing I will NEVER understand... how did he manage to get rehired, when our Rob remains sidelined. A complete travesty,

Posted

Just watched the BBC NEWS 24 forecast and it's definitely a non event for us in the East lol, snow line struggles to get past the Pennines......OMG light snow blowing about here for the first time today lol

Edited by Snowmaggedon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Just watched the BBC NEWS 24 forecast and it's definitely a non event for us in the East lol, snow line struggles to get past the Pennines......OMG light snow blowing about here for the first time today lol

take bbc weather with a pinch of salt, , we were not meant to get anything today but its been snowing all day here and at present its quite heavy,

Posted

take bbc weather with a pinch of salt, , we were not meant to get anything today but its been snowing all day here and at present its quite heavy,

Hmm yeah I'm beginning to think they are very contradictory and inaccurate. Is it laying much in Darlo, here's hoping tonight delivers the goods

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Hmm yeah I'm beginning to think they are very contradictory and inaccurate. Is it laying much in Darlo, here's hoping tonight delivers the goods

it was but its mostly melted now the snow flakes are really small and fine so melting as soon as they touch the ground

Posted

It laying on the grass at times but its not sticking to roads and pavements its like a fine drizzle of snow snow now its just melting on impact

Posted

1.0°C here currently with a biting wind the snow what we have is nothing worth talking about tbh its more a nuisance value than anything it will never lay at this intensity

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

Just got to the lakes, decided to go A69, it was fine until we got to M6 then started snowing. By the time we turned off towards Keswick it was really thick and snow drifting of the fields onto the road. Car in front of us got stuck and had to push it! Was like nothing I've experience as a blizzard of drifting snow was blowing against me lmao.

post-8771-0-93016900-1363962536_thumb.jp

Posted

The radar looks really impressive! It looks like all the precipitation will go North of us and then travel SE and that's when we *could* see some fun or am I just talking a load of waffle

Posted

The radar looks really impressive! It looks like all the precipitation will go North of us and then travel SE and that's when we *could* see some fun or am I just talking a load of waffle

yeah its intensified in the midlands over the past hour or so

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool, wet summers.

You support Boro so I've highlighted where I think the issue lies rofl.gif

Posted

You support Boro so I've highlighted where I think the issue lies rofl.gif

Still the most successful team in the region in the last 20 odd years :) Edited by Snowmaggedon

Posted

Still the most successful team in the region in the last 20 odd years smile.png

I support none of the local teams as I'm not from around these neck of the woods.

However, if I told you I was from Nottingham and a lifelong Forest fan, how would you feel then considering the Championship this season?!

Edited by JP1972

Posted

I support none of the local teams as I'm not from around these neck of the woods.

However, if I told you I was from Nottingham and a lifelong Forest fan, how would you feel then considering the Championship this season?!

Don't even get me started on this season lol, looks like Billy Davies has got you flying now......anyway back to the weather and it looks like the precipitation from this second front is heading extremely North

Posted

Light snow here now. Met forecast has heavy snow here @ 1800 2100 0000 0600 so the ppn over western scotland must be due to get dragged SE over us later

Posted

Is the strength of the cold air having an impact on why the first lot of PPN didn't head as far north?

Yes Davies knows his onions at this level that's for sure Snowmageddon!

Edited by JP1972

Posted

Off the radar so far today the problems hasn't been us too far north its us being 60 miles or so too far east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Just got to the lakes, decided to go A69, it was fine until we got to M6 then started snowing. By the time we turned off towards Keswick it was really thick and snow drifting of the fields onto the road. Car in front of us got stuck and had to push it! Was like nothing I've experience as a blizzard of drifting snow was blowing against me lmao.

Do you think I'll get to Keswick alright? We aren't setting off until about 6pm now.