Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire & Lincolnshire Regional Discussion 20/03/13 22z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

METO for scunny Fri 6am -3pm light snow then Saturday showing snow all day/night but still only light!!!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

I'm looking at Saturday as the main day, Falling dew points should ensure even low areas get a nice covering. Friday go high for juicy stuff peak district etc and take a shovel with you.. Or Skies to get back down. Friday for low down areas "It will come and go as it turns to rain at times" So the 2 to 5 cm's may be a bit on the high side for low areas although I wouldn't be surprised seeing that on Saturday though.

Kids should be able to get the sledges out on Sunday....

Posted

I'm looking at Saturday as the main day, Falling dew points should ensure even low areas get a nice covering. Friday go high for juicy stuff peak district etc and take a shovel with you.. Or Skies to get back down. Friday for low down areas "It will come and go as it turns to rain at times" So the 2 to 5 cm's may be a bit on the high side for low areas although I wouldn't be surprised seeing that on Saturday though.

Kids should be able to get the sledges out on Sunday....

I think the problem there is though I don't think we will get too much precipitation on saturday it will probably be areas further south. We really could do with what falls on friday settling.

Posted

Pennines up to Skipton/ Settle(northern extent of heavy stuff),further south the better and id say east of wakefield especially north gonna struggle. for a inch or so until early sat id say.The South and West of the region looks promising for 2/4 inches(localised) and 6/8 incges plus on high ground.Thats my take on it.Whos up for getting a talking to at work tom for radar watching? lol.Good luck all n hope against odds everybody can get in on the action.

Posted
  • Location: Penistone. S Yorks. Foothills of the southern Pennines. 238m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

Does anyone know a good Radar app for Android? Preferably with a 15min update time, i use WeatherPro, its ok with a 25-30min update time

but the map is poor, it only shows Manchester so its difficult to accurately gauge locations. I have Accuweather too but i'm not keen on it and

1hour updates are poor.

A dedicated Radar would be good, i dont mind if its free or paid either, a good Radar is worth paying for. i'm working tonight so a good Radar

would be handy.

Posted

I think the problem there is though I don't think we will get too much precipitation on saturday it will probably be areas further south. We really could do with what falls on friday settling.

Enough in the early hours and to midday. Also remember the water content will be lower so the depth will pile up a lot more easily. Wouldn't mind living the peak district the next few days looks like a classic up there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall. Deep Cold. Clear Crisp Ice Days.

The light stuff on the front edge of the front looks to be falling apart faster the Charlie Sheen.

Net weather radar is mobile friendly now

Cheers Craigers, i'll check it out.

Posted

post-1104-0-75574400-1363892952_thumb.jp

post-1104-0-75808300-1363892989_thumb.jp

then from 5pm Friday it all spreads north east to all parts!!!!!!

Edited by Craigers

Posted

Thanks Craigers, missed It too. Looking good for those of us in the west. Hopefully, those in the east can join in the fun later on Friday.

Posted

Just to let you all know it could shift an extra 30-40 miles north east so looking at those images Yorkshire is deffo going to get 5-15cm

Posted

Just to let you all know it could shift an extra 30-40 miles north east so looking at those images Yorkshire is deffo going to get 5-15cm

Where did you hear that fella ?

Posted

Paul said check tonight as things could shift a little for the eastern extent for tomorrow's snow. It's happened before.

Posted

If anyone is looking for an Android Radar, Rainy Days has a dedicated Radar, it uses Google maps so map detail is good and it has a 15min update time and

shows the last few hours in animation. It actually updated to 19:00 at 19:10 so its no different to a good desktop Radar, it has plenty of settings for speed and

quality so it can be run on older phones and the best thing is its free.

Posted

Rain Alarm is handy as it notifies you when somethings nearby so particularly useful for showers, but quality not great. UK weather is OK as you can go back and forwards as well, as does the Met Office app, which isn't as user friendly.

If you want to check the models, there's Meteociel, but my favourite is Meteo Models as you can zoom in. Have got a Note II which is great for weather watching.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Going back to Paul Hudson's forecast on tonights look north, he said next week will stay cold then in next breath said something like I can promise something milder for Easter which should cheer local tourist resorts.

I'm not saying this won't happen but it's looking like the cold remaining for easter this far out even if it is a long way off to predict.

Anyway it as got me thinking as someone from tourist board put him up to saying this just to boost bookings for Easter for tourist industry.

Posted

Going back to Paul Hudson's forecast on tonights look north, he said next week will stay cold then in next breath said something like I can promise something milder for Easter which should cheer local tourist resorts.

I'm not saying this won't happen but it's looking like the cold remaining for easter this far out even if it is a long way off to predict.

Anyway it as got me thinking as someone from tourist board put him up to saying this just to boost bookings for Easter for tourist industry.

Walking on the beach in the snow is quite pleasant actually. Done at Scarborough a few times. Anyway front getting a move on and starting to turn to sleet on it's leading edge according netweather extra.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

After reading Gibby's model forecast as they're showing tonight easter is looking far from spring like especially with ecm, and we have to keep our eyes focused on a possible repeat performance of this weekend over easter. cold.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

This wasn't too amusing to me,here is the met rainfall prediction forecastsorry.gif

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/#?tab=map&map=Rainfall&zoom=5&locId=351966&fcTime=1363932000&lon=-4.00&lat=54.63

i hope it peps up more than that.

but saying that,that huge swaith of ppn to the sw looks menacing.good.gif

Posted

This wasn't too amusing to me,here is the met rainfall prediction forecastsorry.gif

http://www.metoffice...-4.00&lat=54.63

i hope it peps up more than that.

but saying that,that huge swaith of ppn to the sw looks menacing.good.gif

Not too good we shall see.