Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 22/03/13 08z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Please carry on here folks good.gif

old thread here ----------->

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Radar suggests about 2 hours of snow now for manchester and then thats it. The difference between what was forecast for this region and what is actually happening is the worst I can remember (and I can remember some big let downs !)

Does the snow shadow effect only work in winter ? we seem to get enough rain in Summer

Radar suggests about 2 hours of snow now for manchester and then thats it. The difference between what was forecast for this region and what is actually happening is the worst I can remember (and I can remember some big let downs !)

Does the snow shadow effect only work in winter ? we seem to get enough rain in Summer

Convection!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Still belting it down here but at this rate the band will of passed through in about 2 hours? When's this stall then?

Posted

Well looking at the radar and the state of play outside I cant see much sticking with most surfaces being so wet. Manchester areas it could be game over

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!

After a night of sleet and now pathetic wet snow falling on wet ground, I demand a recount! ;) But seriously, it'd better stall with a nice heavy bit over us please. My snow boots have only had a few outings this winter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Just watching breakfast and seeing live from Huddersfield just over the hill! Gutted! Oh well :)

Posted

The stall is not for the band we have over us! This one will move north. It is the next one (currently in the far west of the country) that will come and stall.

Posted

It certainly does. There were quite a few occasions last year when rainmageddon approached only to leave light rain in ours parts. It's the reason why it drizzles so much here.

Posted

I gather the Pennines have taken a pasting with some drifts...

http://www.flashbarstores.co.uk/

rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Heavy snow still falling. Flakes seem to be bigger and building up nicely. Hope there is more to come !!

Posted

I think for our area it's looking like the MetO have overplayed the amounts, unless the snow overnight accumulates at an inch an hour then all talk of heavy falls will be pie in the sky for quite a few in the NW.

Posted

The stall is not for the band we have over us! This one will move north. It is the next one (currently in the far west of the country) that will come and stall.

But that one's not heading our way, is it? Looks like it's going to hit Wales and perhaps Liverpool if it carries on the same path...

Posted

Hopefully we can pick up some when the band comes back south during tonight and tomorrow as it will be colder. At the moment it is snowing lightly there isn't even a cover on the grass. Again the only people who called light/no snow for today were the ukmet for here anyway, all the fanciful totals from the GFS are as usual way way off the mark.

Not calling a non event, we rarely get snow and serious amounts were not forecast for here bar the GFS and maybe ECM.

Posted

Temperature down to 0.3C dp -0.7C

Moderate snow with a mix of 5p and 20p sized flakes. Roads and pavements have a covering now. Very wet ground underneath so if the snow stops I think there will be a rapid thaw.

lets hope it continues and we can build a decent cover.

Posted

Coming down in bucket fulls here (Liverpool City Centre). Ok it is wettish snow, but still snow and blizzard like conditions in the wind gusts. Worse in Liverpool suburbs the roads are slush covered, side roads are white - really is pelting down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

This is rubbish, absolute over hype. There's about 2 inches,a little more on the grass and it's melting quicker than it can fall.

Posted

This is rubbish, absolute over hype. There's about 2 inches,a little more on the grass and it's melting quicker than it can fall.

...It is March BT. don't forget theres another band after this tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Regarding timings, I believe that the current band should move away in the next few hours leaving us with a dry slot before a second band reaches us this evening and continues to affect us until after lunch tomorrow.