Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 22/03/13 08z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

nah mate its wet out there,and that hole is opening up yet again,utterly mind boggling.why oh why oh why

You could chuck Hurricane Katrina at us and that hole would still be there!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Heavy snow back on. Could be a significant fall by the end of this.

Posted

Current situation outside. Moderate snow and still building around 4 or 5 cm in the last 4 hours on the pavements and road that were wet. More in drifts and on grassy surfaces.

post-14390-0-72173700-1363989220_thumb.jpost-14390-0-82935500-1363989243_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Im watching the day after to orrow for advise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

nah mate its wet out there,and that hole is opening up yet again,utterly mind boggling.why oh why oh why

wow what a shame. not too bad here.more a diamond dust storm. All White however.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Just getting worse and worse here, or better and better if blizzard conditions are what you want.

It actually reminds me of the snow storms from 1979 or the winters if the early 80's where heavy snow and high winds went hand in hand.

TBH the wind alone would be a talking point tonight without the snow added.

The only downside with this is that I have to drive at 6.30 in the morning, snow or no snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

absolute pish all except a few flakes of dandruff, what a huge let down, biggest let down of this winter.

Posted

Still only snizzle here - not seen any real snow flakes. Leaving a diamond dust covering on streets but I'm not calling this a snow event. The hole as shifted slightly from Mcr and moved North East to cover Oldham. lol

Posted

Still coming down, powdery sort of stuff, although it's sliding off cars and you can hear dripping. Probably be gone before too long tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

just watching the radar loop on raintoday and its actually hilarious how the darker colours start to build and then as soon as they begin to move towards my area they just basically evaporate,i can honestly say i cant really watch that radar anymore.

lol its bizarre that shadow. shame.

Posted
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.
  • Location: LANCS. 12 miles NE of Preston at the SW corner of the Bowland Fells. 550ft, 170m approx.

Blizzard for the last 2 hours. Can't tell how much is falling, but masses of dusty snow is blowing in great clouds off the roof.

There will be some nice drifts about by morning if this continues.

Temp been 0C all evening.

No drips here. Paths dry and swept clear in places.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Much the same in Stoke. Just a blowing snizzle. Slightest covering everywhere but no depth to it.

I've seen some crap snow 'events' in my time but this has to be up there with one of the worst. At least the ones where rain fell instead of snow, there was a good reason for it being such. Today and tonight is just a weird occurrence with places near the coast getting 5 inches and heavy snow falling out of light radar returns. Can't get my head around it personally.

I just wonder whether the heavier stuff that pushed up the western side of the region earlier managed to put down a foundation which has allowed subsequent lighter falls to readily accumulate? Whereas the lighter stuff is just melting into a sodden ground here.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

post-2070-0-64270900-1363986898_thumb.jppost-2070-0-46467900-1363986906_thumb.jppost-2070-0-92871800-1363986915_thumb.jp

Morepost-2070-0-82422900-1363990315_thumb.jppost-2070-0-20320200-1363990325_thumb.jppost-2070-0-14704700-1363990333_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

I've seen some crap snow 'events' in my time but this has to be up there with one of the worst. At least the ones where rain fell instead of snow, there was a good reason for it being such. Today and tonight is just a weird occurrence with places near the coast getting 5 inches and heavy snow falling out of light radar returns. Can't get my head around it personally.

Been a good one here, but i would prefer sun and warmth instead

Posted

Hi from Buxton, been blowing a blizzard most of the day, severe drifts now tiles blown off our roof!!!! never seen it this bad in late March

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Morepost-2070-0-82422900-1363990315_thumb.jppost-2070-0-20320200-1363990325_thumb.jppost-2070-0-14704700-1363990333_thumb.jp

Great photos Spurry ( and from the future as well!)