Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 23/03/13 08z ------>

A.J

Posted

Thanks chill pill :)

It's my usual route to Tesco's,but was turned away by two farm lads who had been helping to dig out stuck cars.so after I'd finished my shopping took my lad down there to show him some proper snow. Was greeted by another stuck motorist after he slid in too far!

Tried to walk to the farm house down the lane but was stopped in my tracks buy the 4ft odd drift in front of the bus.god knows what the bus driver was thinking trying to get down there,apparently it's been there since 6 this morning.

Not seen anything like it since the early 90's! Going back tomorrow for another look if its still there:)

Ksnow x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

No more snow overnight but the wind sounds as strong as ever again after seeming to drop a bit last night.

It's certainly strong enough to continue drifting the snow in prone areas and with a current temperature here of -2.7c I would imagine that with the windchill it feels absolutely perishing outside.

Time to get well wrapped up and head out with the camera as IMBY we are looking at the worst conditions for a generation in fact yesterday I saw 10 foot drifts on one local estate road for the first time since February 1979, something which says more about the easterly element of the wind rather than the volume of snow we have had.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Model thread saying that the Easter Weekend is looking milder again this morning.

Wouldn't bother me at all to see an end to this cold although it can't really do anything other than come milder compared to what we have at present and we're not probably looking at t shirt weather.

Hopefully this cold spring bodes well for a decent summer; no science, just wishing for it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees, thunderstorms and heavy snow

Yup a few flakes floating around out there. A very pleasant and unexpected surprise!

Edited by Chill Pill

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Snowing here looking at radar it gonna be chucking it down in a few minutes

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Exceptionally cold feel this morning with severe windchill. The wind is very gusty, seems to have intensified overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Not snowing here nor has it been all night, no fresh snow sinse yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Just one post from me this morning. With others like around Preston, Leyland etc have missed out spectacularly from this event. So frustrating hearing and seeing news about the amounts of snow. I now have a 1cm line left against the garden wall where it hasn't yet melted. I know altitude is an issue given my location but to not be at the party at such an event is so disappointing. For those who got loads of snow I am genuinely happy and hope you enjoy it all safely and make lots of memories. Rant over!

Edited by snowdrifter

Posted

No more snow overnight but the wind has got really bad overnight

are there warnings out for wind if not there should be

Posted

Just a yellow warning for ice for us by the met .

Net weather warnings have gone all together.

I have 0% chance of snow today and tomorrow but wed onwards im down for 95% chance of snow ???

Temp -3c

This wind is very severe

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Snowing very lightly here. Looking out over the mersey the clouds are black. The wind is icy cold.

Posted

No more snow overnight but the wind sounds as strong as ever again after seeming to drop a bit last night.

It's certainly strong enough to continue drifting the snow in prone areas and with a current temperature here of -2.7c I would imagine that with the windchill it feels absolutely perishing outside.

Time to get well wrapped up and head out with the camera as IMBY we are looking at the worst conditions for a generation in fact yesterday I saw 10 foot drifts on one local estate road for the first time since February 1979, something which says more about the easterly element of the wind rather than the volume of snow we have had.

I can't beleive we chose this weekend to go away so many months in advance, at least you got to experience it this time and I did see it before I left. Now we just have to get back tomorrow, I don't think we will make it up the drive so another day of lugging cases up the hill. Can;t wait to see your .pictures later

Posted

Just one post from me this morning. With others like around Preston, Leyland etc have missed out spectacularly from this event. So frustrating hearing and seeing news about the amounts of snow. I now have a 1cm line left against the garden wall where it hasn't yet melted. I know altitude is an issue given my location but to not be at the party at such an event is so disappointing. For those who got loads of snow I am genuinely happy and hope you enjoy it all safely and make lots of memories. Rant over!

Yes as usual in Lancashire elevation is the key. I find it hard to take that Merseyside has had more snow this winter than I've seen in the last twenty years combined. Edited by Sceptical Inquirer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

No snow at all this event. Not really bothered.

getting tired of the cold gloominess now...want some warmth and brightness. Hopefully we'll go straight to summer in the next few weeks..:)

Posted

Just popped in the mod thread theres a definate split ad to whats gonna happrn.

Some of the models want to bring in atlantic weather and the others want to keep it cold and i did see the words "rinse and repeat"