Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion 27/03/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Beautiful, sunny start. Almost clear blue skies as the sun starts another days work.

Still damn cold though. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Bit chilly out there this morning, -2.5 according to my car readout.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Flipping Nora -2.9c this morning down the bottom of the garden. Enough now.......peeerlease

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Not sunny here. V overcast and still windy although,not as bad as yesterday.

Will spring finally arrive next week? Starting to look promising.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Sunshine's back after a grey day yesterday. Wind's still bitter, but I'm going to brave the conditions and go for a walk!

Anyone heard anything from/about cerneman recently? Has he hibernated or gone on his hols?

Posted

Anyone heard anything from/about cerneman recently? Has he hibernated or gone on his hols?

Don't know about him, but a lot of people hibernate at the end of winter with a skeleton crew keeping the thread ticking over during the summer months before everyone comes back again throug late Autumn.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

A beautiful day! A ground frost to be sure and ice on the pond. It is so glorious I am determined to stand out side like a tree and soak up the fire energy :) If I don't post on here again its because they have come to take me away hey hey fool.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I must admit, I don't usually follow any of the Forums once any interest of snow has disappeared and will usually re-appear once late Autumn arrives. However now I have found the best Forum on Netweather (South/South west) I will probably be in and and throughout! You lot have been cracking company this winter, and I've had many moments of outright laughter and the misses is convinced I'm insane!! tease.gif

Let's hope we have a cracking summer and Northern blocking returns for December with a vengeance and we get blanketed in snow for 3 months straight!!

good.gif

Oh and there is still a chance of some white stuff at the tail end of this week, but will probably end up cold, windy and Yuk the way things have been going this winter bad.gif

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I must admit, I don't usually follow any of the Forums once any interest of snow has disappeared and will usually re-appear once late Autumn arrives. However now I have found the best Forum on Netweather (South/South west) I will probably be in and and throughout! You lot have been cracking company this winter, and I've had many moments of outright laughter and the misses is convinced I'm insane!! tease.gif

Let's hope we have a cracking summer and Northern blocking returns for December with a vengeance and we get blanketed in snow for 3 months straight!!

good.gif

Oh and there is still a chance of some white stuff at the tail end of this week, but will probably end up cold, windy and Yuk the way things have been going this winter bad.gif

Brilliant. :D

I think its a shame so many go away for the summer. I think those that go tend to be the IMBY ones in winter and generally couldnt give a hoot about whats happening elsewhere. Not saying that for you of course! :lol: Im glad your staying here throughout the year. Your totally right, this is by far the best regional to be in. :D

Posted

SUmmer is one fo those times that this region does come into it's own. With Spanish Plumes and cross channel storms, we really do have some of the best summer weather around, plus the heat of course.

So as the snowpeople retreat, let's bring in the sunnies to the thread...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Just planted the first of the onion sets. Hope it isn't a mistake. Couldn't wait any longer ,need to see something in the ground.

Got a feeling the worst might be nearly over now. Next week looking milder an finally an end to these relentless east windssmile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm al all-rounder, you'll see me about during the Summer, especially when i go WAA and CAPE hunting! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

I do think we are safe from frost down in our part of the world now , just a few more days of that cold wind to contend with before the Atlantic takes control once again .

Ps quite warm in the sun where I am. :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat Waves, Tornadoes.

I'm al all-rounder, you'll see me about during the Summer, especially when i go WAA and CAPE hunting! biggrin.png

Me too. Snow for Winter and Storms/Heat Waves for Summer.

Cant wait to see CAPE again I miss it. sorry.gifrofl.gif

Posted

Me too. Snow for Winter and Storms/Heat Waves for Summer.

Cant wait to see CAPE again I miss it. sorry.gifrofl.gif

;)

post-12721-0-56286500-1364904067.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

tease.gif

post-12721-0-56286500-1364904067.jpg

As worn by WEATHERMAN biggrin.pngph34r.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Blue skies and sunshine and the temps have reached the dizzy heights of 7.1c but still chilly out in the wind. I went to visit my parents yesterday and that was seriously cold walking on the west wilts downs. Seemed daft being wrapped up with hats, gloves etc in April. Our daffodils in the garden had been in bud for a few weeks but showing no sign of opening up, the old man picked some yesterday and put them in a vase and within a couple of hours they were out in full flower.

Posted

Beautiful day here, clear blue sky, warm sunshine & highest temp for a while! It is 10.5C here, I thought it was wrong but just checked & Solent Met station is reporting 10C at the mo biggrin.png

Posted

Blue skies and sunshine and the temps have reached the dizzy heights of 7.1c but still chilly out in the wind. I went to visit my parents yesterday and that was seriously cold walking on the west wilts downs. Seemed daft being wrapped up with hats, gloves etc in April. Our daffodils in the garden had been in bud for a few weeks but showing no sign of opening up, the old man picked some yesterday and put them in a vase and within a couple of hours they were out in full flower.

Whereabouts were you walking? Stunning area for walking and the views are exceptional.

Posted

Whereabouts were you walking? Stunning area for walking and the views are exceptional.

Broadchalke/Fifield Bavant area

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Just like to say that because I am called 'Snowkissed' I can stay 'cool' in the spring and summer too - so you can't get rid of me that easily :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

It's been a wonderful day here, really Spring like - it was positively warm in the greenhouse. I seriously hope this is the end of the cold now, I've got too much to do and it all needs doing now, I haven't got any more time for cold, need to get things growing!

Won't bore you non gardeners here but if anyone's interested, I've posted some pics here:http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/73128-net-weather-gardening-thread/page__st__300#entry2673335