Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion 27/03/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)
  • Weather Preferences: Exciting extremes - snow, wind, storms... love it all!
  • Location: Henley on Thames 35m asl (Oxfordshire/Berkshire borders)

Feeling positive... there is some sunshine and the easterly has dropped back a little which is fab news for my friends Simon & Martin for Marie Curie and Ed & Ben for PTSD currently on their 24 hour race from Devizes to Westminster! If you happen to be on a bridge, near a lock or see these heroic gents racing along the waters, give them a holler of encouragement! It's a tough one but they will do it!

clapping.gif Go boys, go!clapping.gif

DID YOU KNOW:

The race is 125 miles long and has 77 portages. The first 52 miles are along the Kennet and Avon Canal to Reading, the next 55 miles are on the River Thames to Teddington. The final 17 mile section is on the tidal portion of the Thames.Yikes!fool.gifyahoo.gifclap.gif

Edited by Iggy912

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

Sunny spells and dry which is good but temperature is only 4.5c which isn't. Noticed a comment up the page which I think was karlos saying that after next week we can look for spring warmth, I've been looking for the past month biggrin.png I want the air to warm slightly so I get get out on my bike and get rid of the winter padding, currently the cold air hurts my face sad.png

Posted

Hmm, as some of were discussing the other day, looks like milder by mid April :D but this will probably bring wetter and more unsettled weather :(

@fergieweather - EC clusters seem to concur. Signs for lower pressure to the N or NW towards mid-month, milder but likely more unsettled.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Hmm don't look at the GFS 06z if its mild your after!! Horror show!

So our (probable) last shot at snow is Wednesday / Thursday., according to ECM. Would love to hear Ian's input on whether this is considered a genuine concern or not, as its to far south on UKMO.

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Feel a bit sad this morning.Just became aware that Glacier point will no longer be posting in the MOD threadcray.gif

I admit i didn't understand a word he was saying but still looked foreward to reading his posts.

Losing some intrest in that thread if i'am honest and his departure will just make things worse.

Way to many posters with way to big egos for me i'am afraid.

Wish GP the v.best in his new job.

Indeed, just stick to the SW thread. By far the best regional thread on this forum. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Flip floppy weather at the moment it seems.

Lovely day on thursday,horrible yesterday and nice again today.

Get out of the wind and in the sun and it's pleasant

Need to lose this east wind (it hasn't delivered all winter and it's not going to now)

Come back and visit again next winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Hmm, as some of were discussing the other day, looks like milder by mid April biggrin.png but this will probably bring wetter and more unsettled weather sad.png

@fergieweather - EC clusters seem to concur. Signs for lower pressure to the N or NW towards mid-month, milder but likely more unsettled.

Very happy happy if that comes to fruition. I can probably turn the heating off and save some bunce and at least something of interest will be falling from the sky, rather than it looking like a black & white photograph day in and day out. :lol:

Currently 5.1°C and cloudy again, stupid nagging wind at times too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

From the Mod thread, ECM precip for 4th April, could be interesting!

And of course it's not getting noticed by anyone, because it's the south that would be affected, nobody else!

post-16760-0-50117400-1364649368_thumb.j

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sunny with blue patches of genuine sky...3.7ºC Fine and dry..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunder

I think we may have beaten a record, so many opportunities of a snow event that have all gone pear shaped last minute.

Nice day today anyway, blue skies and 6.6C.

Edited by George

Posted

And of course it's not getting noticed by anyone, because it's the south that would be affected, nobody else!

Congratulations! You survived! :lol:

I think we are running on borrowed time to be honest... Too little too late, and I reckon I'll have to wait for next winter for my next chance of settling snow now! :(

This feature has cropped up on a couple of frames now. Too far out to say whether this will be snow and where its likely to affect. However, these small features tend to track NE and skim the SE rather than the SW.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Congratulations! You survived! laugh.png

I think we are running on borrowed time to be honest... Too little too late, and I reckon I'll have to wait for next winter for my next chance of settling snow now! sad.png

It is rare but not impossible I have seen epic falls before in april with 8 foot drifting but the way this winter and spring has gone its been one disapointment after another so I doubt anything will come. fool.gif

Posted

I just want the warmth to arrive, to be honest. Looks like we've got some cold weather stilll for a while yet but I really hope it arrives soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I just want the warmth to arrive, to be honest. Looks like we've got some cold weather stilll for a while yet but I really hope it arrives soon.

Me too, I say bring on hot days and thunderstorms by night

Posted

Now down to 4.4ºC after reaching 5.7ºC, has become overcast and time to ignore, stick a movie on, sod it.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Congratulations! You survived! :lol:

I think we are running on borrowed time to be honest... Too little too late, and I reckon I'll have to wait for next winter for my next chance of settling snow now! :(

Isn't too late yet, for instance I've had lying snow imby on April 9th one year, 2000 I think it was and I'm near the coast at sea level! So It certainly isn't too late for settling snow, not that I really want that now though to be honest, I'd rather spring warmth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Proper day today! Down in Coverack all day and it was spellbinding. To see big open clear skies with the sun beating down, cold in the wind but lovely and warm out of it, was fantastic

I've got a taste for sunny and warmish weather now, winter gloom, cloudy, rain/sleet and the promise of snow can do one. And with the Saints winning today a perfect day has been had!

Edited by festivalking

Posted

Proper day today! Down in Coverack all day and it was spellbinding. To see big open clear skies with the sun beating down, cold in the wind but lovely and warm out of it, was fantastic

I've got a taste for sunny and warmish weather now, winter gloom, cloudy, rain/sleet and the promise of snow can do one. And with the Saints winning today a perfect day has been had!

The paris hotel in't bad either.drinks.gif

Should have come a few more miles to porthallow. Now that's where it's at blum.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

How much did saints win by, they beat liverpool 3-1 didnt they recently, Any chance of smow next week for our region

Posted

How much did saints win by, they beat liverpool 3-1 didnt they recently, Any chance of smow next week for our region

Southampton2 Chelsea 1