Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion 27/03/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi blizzards,just wondering how the weather feels up there as apposed to here.

Still got a few relatives in the potteries and when ever they visit,the first thing they comment on is how much milder it feels down here.

Missed a good day here today(wall to wall sunshine)

Phil Taylor and Adrian Lewis were looking hot on the dartboard tonight, that's for sure. acute.gif And before you say it, not in that way biggrin.png , they're originally from Stoke don't you know. ph34r.png

As for the weather, in Newbury it is overcast and cool right now. 1.2c after a Max of 4.1c dirol.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=ukuk&MODELL=nae&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=rsum&HH=48&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Well well well ... NAE 18Z puts the front over Cornwall and Devon for the second time today - heavier stuff in there too which is going to help it turn to snow - chances of snow rising for inland areas at least - coastal areas, will have to wait for the rain/snow charts in the next 30 minutes - Dorset coast also not far from getting a covering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Having just watched both local and national forecasts,all i can think is,if only.

For my location it just doesn't get better. Channel(undercut low) scratching the lizard keeping us in the cold air.

Synoptic nirvana for here.Shame it's almost aprilcray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

One last push north, come on, then I will happily invite the warm in with open arms

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Friday: A little light rain and sleet, perhaps a little snow too.

Twitter: @kernowweather where we now have 61 followers and growing daily.

:D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Having just watched both local and national forecasts,all i can think is,if only.

For my location it just doesn't get better. Channel(undercut low) scratching the lizard keeping us in the cold air.

Synoptic nirvana for here.Shame it's almost aprilcray.gif

i know what you mean I just hope we get a surprise , well it's happend in the past.

I hang on to every chance.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Sun, Heat, Cold,T/storms via Spanish plumes *rare*

Latest NAE for the far SW looks good apart from places like Truro:

13033000_2818.gif13033006_2818.gif

13033000_2818.gif13033003_2818.gif13033006_2818.gif

Edited by Panayiotis

Posted

i know what you mean I just hope we get a surprise , well it's happend in the past.

I hang on to every chance.

You are a glass half full guy aren't you.smile.pngsmile.png

Posted

Dont think he's going to bite.

Edited by cornish snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

looking like Jersey could get a pasting again according to those charts :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Temperatures are climbing well here in Newbury with 4.0c now being reached. At this rate, assuming it doesn't cloud over, we might make 8c or so, a bit warmer than suggested by the BBC forecasts. good.gif

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

Yes the round thing in the sky put in an appearance here as well .Longing for some warmth and according to the models, I will be waiting for a good while yet.

Edited by littlemissy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Cold cloudy with the occasional snow flurry again today here which makes it a white easter on top of most days this month rofl.gif

Posted

Its beyond my understanding to read comments on the MO thread that say, at least it will be cold and lets hope the April CET will finish with record breaking below average temperatures etc. etc. Cold for the sake of cold is masochistic in my book. And as for that worn out old analogy that we have to get the cold in first and the snow will follow hardly ever works especially in my neck of the woods. The cold can just do one and lets hope for some warmth if only for the sake of my garden, the nature in it and heating bills me and the missus are struggling to afford. Rant over.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Wow we have a scorcher today! 3.6c dirol.gif ground is still frozen solid I think it will take more than a brief above 0c blip to thaw that out.

My temperature gauge is reading 7.6.............everyone outside now.

Must be broken you need to get that checked.. rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Its beyond my understanding to read comments on the MO thread that say, at least it will be cold and lets hope the April CET will finish with record breaking below average temperatures etc. etc. Cold for the sake of cold is masochistic in my book. And as for that worn out old analogy that we have to get the cold in first and the snow will follow hardly ever works especially in my neck of the woods. The cold can just do one and lets hope for some warmth if only for the sake of my garden, the nature in it and heating bills me and the missus are struggling to afford. Rant over.

I just had a look through and i agree.

What i do now though, is hit the report button on posts that say something akin to 'I want April to stay cold' or anything that doesn't warrant model discussion. I like to to read the genuine model discussion posts but i'm fed up to the back teeth of read of reading trolling posts in between the good posts.

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

I went outside earlier with the thought of maybe doing some gardening but lasted about 2 minutes before coming back inside to warm up. Temp 4.2c but feels around freezing.