Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion 27/03/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted

Been cold and grey here all morning but starting to brighten a little. Not pinning my hopes on a heatwave for our egg hunt in the garden this afternoon!!! But at least it's dry.

Now have a shadow on my lounge floor, does this mean the elusive yellow thing is waking up?

Posted

Was lovely here all morning, lots of sunshine, cloudy again this afternoon though :(

Todays max around 7C after a min of around 0C. 6C at the mo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

5.7ºC Max at 14:10....Not wonderful...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Well it didn't quite manage 8c here in Newbury but it did make it to 7.4c which is the warmest Maximum since 19th March. Before that, you have to go back to the 8th for a double-digit Maximum. It is a rare day indeed when I match or surpass SunnySouthCoast's microclimate down in Southsea. drinks.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall in particular but most aspects of weather, hate hot and humid.

Looking at this mornings ECM run there is certainly some possible interest for us snow wise later next week with a cold pool moving in on the easterly airflow and increasing instability over northern France. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see a small westward moving trough or discrete low forming and moving down channel. Which might make the cold spell worthwhile after all in this part of the world.

Posted

Is it my eyesight or does that low over northern France appear to be travelling in a NE direction toward the south coast?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

Not got to Truro yet but I feel it's coming in at the right time of day.... Temps should fall away nicely as we enter night time. :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Not got to Truro yet but I feel it's coming in at the right time of day.... Temps should fall away nicely as we enter night time. :-)

Good luck to you cornish although it might be mainly hills to be honest that see anything. shame to see that channel low so close yet so far from me. fool.gif I have a feeling we only have another week left where we can see decent laying snow so wonder if we can get something later in week before its a case of waiting for spring proper to arrive. good.gif

Posted

Good luck to you cornish although it might be mainly hills to be honest that see anything. shame to see that channel low so close yet so far from me. fool.gif I have a feeling we only have another week left where we can see decent laying snow so wonder if we can get something later in week before its a case of waiting for spring proper to arrive. good.gif

thank you and yeah I also think we have one more week of possible snow fall

But as for tonight it will be a lamp post watch for me, we are keeping that raw east wind which is so important to us if we stand any chance of seeing snow fall this evening :-).

Posted

Managed to find some Spring pleasantness this afternoon by sitting in the sun but sheltered from the Easterly breeze when out at football!

I know most are finding the ongoing old frustrating, but surely it's important that conditions are dry, and likely to remain so for a long time, after such a wet year

with so much flooding in the region. I fear that a return to something milder would come along with a lot of rain.

Posted

Is it my eyesight or does that low over northern France appear to be travelling in a NE direction toward the south coast?

I think you are right, it does appear to be moving NE, was it supposed to go this way? Could it possible give South Devon our first bit of proper laying snow this winter. Temp is 2.1 and dew point is -2. Come on Snow clapping.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I think you are right, it does appear to be moving NE, was it supposed to go this way? Could it possible give South Devon our first bit of proper laying snow this winter. Temp is 2.1 and dew point is -2. Come on Snow clapping.gif

Appears to be hitting a brick wall unfortunately http://www.sat24.com/de/eu

Edited by karlos1983

Posted

The wind has really increased now, torcross and Slapton line the sea is raging temp has dropped dew point is -0.3 so bring it on feel sorry for the holiday makers, well only a little wink.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

currently in Cornwall around helston. heavy rain temps around 3c not sure how far the rain band is heading up. surely must be wintery if it hits bodmin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Plain old rain here i'am afraidcray.gifcray.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Thats a shame, even my forecast was mostly for rain though. Culdrose has DP at 2c whilst Newquay Airport is at -3c!

Posted

you did say that yesterday.... As for Truro area it's dry but I feel it won't be for long. Then I'm hoping! Temps are going to fall this eve for sure!.

Posted

Thats a shame, even my forecast was mostly for rain though. Culdrose has DP at 2c whilst Newquay Airport is at -3c!

Yeah,just come past culdrose,car temp said 3c. Did turn a bit sleety over goonhilly and the temp dropped to 2c.

Wouldn't call it heavy,light and patchy mostly. Blowing a gale however.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

I think the problem is, where the PPN is falling its to marginal

DP's in far sw are hovering around freezing, move east to Dorset for example and it is -4, but no PPN

post-16760-0-74224900-1364578548_thumb.j

Edited by karlos1983

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme in Winter , Cricket Weather in Summer , Golf weather all year

Dry as a bone here off the end of the runway at St Mawgan

Posted

you did say that yesterday.... As for Truro area it's dry but I feel it won't be for long. Then I'm hoping! Temps are going to fall this eve for sure!.

Thats just me being glass half empty . Come on,with your optimisim, ia'm sure we can do itsmile.png

Posted

I concur bit sleety over the hills towards redRuth. moderate elevation away from the coast could get some wet snow surprise.

Posted

We can, I have had a good feeling about it all week and that has not changed.... Our temps will fall tonight for all of us so come 10 pm we should see a difference .... Half full mate am I'm staying positive! :-)

Come on Cornwall ... It will happen :-)

Posted

We can, I have had a good feeling about it all week and that has not changed.... Our temps will fall tonight for all of us so come 10 pm we should see a difference .... Half full mate am I'm staying positive! :-)

Come on Cornwall ... It will happen :-)

what if we all open our fridge doors?

Posted

trying its best up Kelly bray. if this band makes it to Dartmoor and I miss out it will be typical of this winter.