Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion 27/03/13 18z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Anyone hoping for something different than cold and cloudy, pray that the ECM is an outlier!

-6c uppers air temps don't leave the majority of Southern England throughout the whole run.

:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

so long since i've been in here. Hope everyone feels like they've had their fill this winter. I love snow but starting to want it to warm up (had electricity and gas bill today)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Proper seasonal weather but especially warm sunny summers.

We had proper snow here just before it got dark but didn't settle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

Was this expected, ppn seems to have pop'ed up from no where?

I'm not sure that it was, but I agree, it is continuing to intensify, despite the fact that it's now after sunset. It's slowly making its way westwards so I'd imagine that once the snow starts, it would last for a while yet.

Posted

I'm not sure that it was, but I agree, it is continuing to intensify, despite the fact that it's now after sunset. It's slowly making its way westwards so I'd imagine that once the snow starts, it would last for a while yet.

Anyone got any thoughts on it intensifying or this gonna fizzle out?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

the heating and hot water have packed up, and it'll be 24-48 hours to get an engineer out....bloody wonderful! wallbash.gif

Posted

Anyone got any thoughts on it intensifying or this gonna fizzle out?

It seems to be sustaining itself and slightly intensifying for now, though it remains to be seen for how long. I would imagine that it will die out eventually, as a lot of energy will be lost from the fact that it is moving so slowly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

yep that is a pleasing site of a band of snow (light though) sat across the west country. Not really shifting west though. Suspect if it does the moors will will put a brake on it venturing further west (IMBY) Still amazed sat here at the end of March watching snow charts. rofl.gif

Posted

yep that is a pleasing site of a band of snow (light though) sat across the west country. Not really shifting west though. Suspect if it does the moors will will put a brake on it venturing further west (IMBY) Still amazed sat here at the end of March watching snow charts. rofl.gif

It is definitely shifting west, just extremely slowly. It's probably just outside of Tiverton now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

Been snowing here now for 4 hours... Not that anything has settled.

Posted

the heating and hot water have packed up, and it'll be 24-48 hours to get an engineer out....bloody wonderful! wallbash.gif

I feel your pain! Had this happen 2 or 3 times this winter... Flipping boiler!! :wallbash:

Edited by dec10snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Snowing now as it has all day here. Very light no accumulation. This could go on for weeks. that's why the East is the worst when it comes to a cold spell...Taking a guess that this year is up there with the big ones 47, 63, late 70's early 80's in the end, looking forward to the TV programs and web pages about it, the pictures have been classic.. Classic winter 2013, coolsmiliz39.gif Glad to have seen another one. But now I am older I must say I will be glad to stop loading the fire and get growing veg rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Snowing now as it has all day here. Very light no accumulation. This could go on for weeks. that's why the East is the worst when it comes to a cold spell...Taking a guess that this year is up there with the big ones 47, 63, late 70's early 80's in the end, looking forward to the TV programs and web pages about it, the pictures have been classic.. Classic winter 2013, coolsmiliz39.gif Glad to have seen another one. But now I am older I must say I will be glad to stop loading the fire and get growing veg rofl.gif

Not classic if you are residing in Devon and Cornwall. Frustrating winter sums it up.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Been snowing here for about 4 hours now, quite light in intensity but nice to see nonetheless. Would much rather have some warm weather now though.

Posted

Not classic if you are residing in Devon and Cornwall. Frustrating winter sums it up.

That sums it up nicely

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thundersnow

Snowing here in Ilminster, grass going white, cars white and ppn seems to be increasing with larger flakes

Posted

Nowhere near a 'classic' - Winter 1947 (the 'classic' bit) lasted for around 6 weeks, with loads of snow events and snow on the ground for weeks and affected our region particularly badly.

62/63 lasted 'forever' with bitter temps, many ice days and absolutely freezing at night, with snow, although not so many snowfalls as 47.

In my lifetime winters 78/79, 81, a couple more winters in 80s, 2009/10 and 2010/11 produced much more snow and freezing temps than this winter/early Spring.

Granted, to have 2 to 3 weeks in March this cold is exceptional, but snow-wise it's been rubbish IMBY.

Rest of the country, bar S Wales, SE England and ourselves have had pretty good snow events this March.

Well that's my take anyway.

Cheers BB

Edited by Bristle boy