Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

When will we hit 30C, 90F and 35C?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

As a Scotsman i personally prefer weather to be no higher than 20C and am quite happy at around 10C,

As someone from the south east, 20C is fine. And I'm also happy around 10C. Every morning, unless it's around 4C or below, it's t-shirt and shorts.Living in the south east I can't remember the last Summer we had when it didn't reach 30C, which is unfortunate. We nearly reached 33C in June 2011 and that was vulgar, the humidity was horrible. The good thing was it was followed by a decent thunderstorm (not amazing but decent), which has been lacking here in recent years.It's around 20C now and it's nice to sit out in the Sun, but doing physical activity still makes me hot and sweaty.

Posted

Having worked outside lifting heavy objects in a not-too-dry 40C heat in the super-strong tropical sun, I'll happily take 30C in this country sitting in a beer garden or the like.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

depends where about you are,it is rare to hit 30deg in these parts whereas its common in the south,i'm sure we havnt had 30 since 2006

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

As hot as possible please, I'd take 40C happily just for entertainment to see everyone dieing Posted Image

Seriously though, Kent has been 1.5C off it in 2003, i wonder if 40C would ever be reached?

Edited by Barry95

Posted

I'd still enjoy a bout of exceptional heat, just for the excitement of anticipating and then watching records fall.

I think that's most of the appeal - watching extremes being reached. Even as a confirmed heat-hater I'd have a curious fascination with a record-busting hot spell and wondering how far it could go. And as an unashamed coldie even I would find my limit in winter,yet part of me would be wishing it'd go further.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I'm the same - the more extreme the better! I'm keen to really 'feel' -20c as well as +40c. Actually I did feel 40c when I visited L.A. in an August heatwave. Wow....

Posted

Actually I did feel 40c when I visited L.A. in an August heatwave. Wow....

That's why they're all gun-totin', crack-smokin' crazies - it'd have the same effect on me!

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

I have experiences 46c during a Greek heatwave, unbearable, getting off the plane landing there felt like waliking into an oven, metal tables hot to touch in the shade, impossible to find anything cool to rest on or to keep foodstuffs cool. Thankfully that was the first day the next day it was a refreshing 31c!

Edited by TonyH

When you have a lot of sunshine like this week, shade temps of mid to upper teens are fine, as obviously temps in the sun itself will be many degrees warmer.

In an ideal world, i would go for 22-25c. 

When abroad, I keeping thinking the weather is hot, and then get back ad find out the temp was only 25-27c, I'd hate to be there if it was 40c.

Edited by Jackone

Posted

Who needs 30c?

No one 'needs' it, and I wouldn't want it much of the time, but I'd find it interesting to feel and record for data and I'm sure many interested in weather and data collection would.

You could make that point about most weather types, i.e no one needs -10C, or heavy rain events, or snow, etc, but one time a while ago where people were saying who would want rain, I think I've seen you make the point (which I agree with) that rain can make interesting statistics and data comparison (as well as me finding heavy torrential rain/showers interesting).

Posted

I think 30C will be reached at some point this summer (or early autumn). My complete guess is July 23rd.

I find the current conditions of the last few days to be warm enough, especially when I'm working. Walking miles a day in direct sunlight becomes miserable when the temps go above about 22C. I remember working all day in a heat wave (cant remember when exactly) in the concrete jungle, no shade whatsoever. Must have been close to 30C. I had a completely cold shower when I got home and the water actually felt decently warm I was that hot. Not again, thanks.

Hard work in 30C is murder, sitting in the shade in a beer garden at 30C is marvellous. It's all about activity.

First taster of 40c heat in SE France, was a pretty big adrenaline rush..and believe me so were some of the storms that followed. One night. Whilst cowering beneath canvass. That for some, erm, suddenly disappeared from directly above their weary heads...blown into an adjacent field. Where more tents..also surrendered to the weather.

Heat is pretty cool for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

Most likely mid July. Most likely will hit it this summer as we are due a warm one. 30 deg is fine for me as long as I don't have to be out on it.

The problem for us Brits can be summed up on the lyrics to an old song my father used to sing me "Only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the midday sun."

In other words, during a hot summer in southern europe everywhere shuts during the hot part of the day for siesta or work on in air conditioned offices. We don't. The average Brit wanders about in the middle of the day, skin burning with no sun cream applied and we have few air conditioned buildings (which is no bad thing). We don't cope well with extremes of weather in the UK as we are not used to it and not set up to cope with it!