Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 16th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

That was some of the heaviest rain I've seen ,Lasted 10 mins. Great stuff

That was one helluva deluge, wasn't it? I was driving into Solihull at the time and I almost had to pull the car over, it was raining so hard I could barely so the road markings.

I wonder if anything else is likely to bubble up..........more cells appearing to the south east, but a long way from here.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Storm here on door step flash bang it nasty but awesome

Just proves that it can pop up from nowhere!!! At 9:30 that wasn't even on the Radar and home grown ....Lovely Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

That was an intense active cell that past by 6 to 7 really loud crashes of thunder and fair bit of lightning,still going to my east

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

We had some incredible thunder and lightning this morning. Some of the thunder claps were the loudest I have ever heard. Too far west now for the storms that are bubbling up.

Posted

Well my temps atm; 20c...DP at 18.2,   So there's still plenty of energy in the atmosphere!!!  Hope the sun pops its head out and get some of that heat going and reload for this afternoon Posted Image

Talk of the Devil !!! The sun's came out Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

Stunning display these past 2 days.

Last night at about 1am there was a storm rolling off in the distance (almost half a minute between lightning and thunder) but it was an awesome display. The whole sky lit up in flashes of blue, with pretty regular fork lightning. I sat there for an hour watching it, and at that point, I wouldn't have moved anywhere else in the world even if i could :D

And now, one of the most active storms i've seen cross right over me. Probably  5 to 10 bright flashes every minute. Exceptionally loud thunder, the kind that makes your windows visibly shake. It's a show of epic proportions and I love it. What a fantastic day to be off work :D

Posted

Well in the end that storm to the South East around 5am ended up being our lot, shame we never got any CG's or torrential rain from it as the core remained about 5-10 miles east of here but certainly got some loud thunder and near constant lightning for a while.

Here's hoping the murk clears away now, deathly warm & humid last night, low was 18.5c in the end.

Edited by conor123

Sun trying to poke through, few brighter intervals, anything to get those home growns a started...generally dew points still into the mid to high teens, eg juicy! C'mon you towers...

Still great to see a few of us having their storm fix, a repeat of this morning would suit me just fine :) for a solid 15-20 mins lightning was almost constant, flick flickering away - no great structure or interesting look about the storm, bit messy in fact, nearly always the case with early morning thunderstorms.

No detracting from the results of this convective episode - clear out the ears a bit, some eye candy, even setting car alarms off :) no fresher air, but no complaints here.

Posted

Happily the sun is starting to break through a bit here, can only help things for later. Sounds like the East Midlands might be in line for some very big fireworks later :)

Currently 21.2c with a DP of 19.6c

Bish

Posted

Happily the sun is starting to break through a bit here, can only help things for later. Sounds like the East Midlands might be in line for some very big fireworks later Posted Image

Currently 21.2c with a DP of 19.6c

Bish

40 mins of brightness and my Temps , DP have rose by a couple of degs and feels humid with it. Bish you mentioned "Sounds like the East Midlands might be in line for some very big fireworks later"

What make you think that ? Well just the East ? Not Central or even the Westen parts of our region, I think atm the atmosphere is so unstable, Downpours could pop up anywhere with KABOOOMS.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Sorry earlier I meant Staffordshire as a county. It caught the early storm well but didn't perhaps seem to catch the second longer one as such like we did. Still a superb morning, more than I expected actually. These storms have a habit of coming here in the morning at the moment. Very tired now!!! However not an awful lot going on elsewhere in the country bar a couple of storms so this far as in daylight today we seem to have some of the best storms so far, certainly the most prolonged!!!

Posted

40 mins of brightness and my Temps , DP have rose by a couple of degs and feels humid with it. Bish you mentioned "Sounds like the East Midlands might be in line for some very big fireworks later"

What make you think that ? Well just the East ? Not Central or even the Westen parts of our region, I think atm the atmosphere is so unstable, Downpours could pop up anywhere with KABOOOMS.

Hi dancer, I was going off some of the latest forecasts and warnings within the main convective thread, they talk about the eastern spine of the country being most likely area to see the biggest activity.

But don't worry, I'm sure the rest of us will have plenty of opportunity as well, almost anywhere in England and Wales could still go bang later :)

Bish

Posted

No relent to this humidity today, 21.8c with a dewpoint of 19c now, still very misty/cloudy but signs of brightness.

Posted

Hi dancer, I was going off some of the latest forecasts and warnings within the main convective thread, they talk about the eastern spine of the country being most likely area to see the biggest activity.

But don't worry, I'm sure the rest of us will have plenty of opportunity as well, almost anywhere in England and Wales could still go bang later Posted Image

Bish

Few !!! I thought you'd seen something more official..... Nah its only the latest forecasts and warnings within the main convective thread Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

Few !!! I thought you'd seen something more official..... Nah its only the latest forecasts and warnings within the main convective thread Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Ideally we need this cloud to do one, it was getting sunnier earlier but it's gone again now. The atmosphere is definitely "juicy" enough for more storms.

Bish