Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 16th July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Woop big thunderstorm here now!!!

told you, great scenes, plenty of electrical activity, wonder what the rainfall reading was?

Edited by azores92

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, hot sunshine and snowstorms

i fear for our position atm matt, maybe thats just the no sleep talking or the fear of disapointment? however looka like notts is in for round 2 very soon, lucky beggars

I think you might be just a tad too far east to get the best of this one. It's going right over me and I feel the radar suggests a slight anticlockwise pivot, so heading N now rather than NNE. Might be imagining that, though.

Oh it doesn't surprise me. 10 mile gap of nothing and we're slap bang in the middle while everyone else parties. It happens everytime, always watching from a difference.

Posted

Oh it doesn't surprise me. 10 mile gap of nothing and we're slap bang in the middle while everyone else parties. It happens everytime, always watching from a difference.

its so f**king frustrating! i cant even see any distant lightening anymore, only saw about 3 flashes, i wouldnt of minded so much if i didnt stay up all night, now ill be grotty all day, so i apologise to you all in advance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Seems to have moved off but a nice storm while it lasted. New developments in SE Wales? :)

Posted

pfft the worst of it is over now, was really optimistic it was all kicking off Posted Image still pretty heavy out there mind, the local weather station recorded about 6mm within a 10 min period easily, thought it might have been worse than that tbf. hopeful we might get a fair bit later still from various convection brewing up. must be creaming themselves in norfolk, lucky buggers :(

Edited by azores92

Posted

Miracles happening, incredibly frequent lightning and the loudest booms of thunder ever to the south east/east, not much rain to speak of but the thunder is really roaring away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

Getting going nicely in telford with plenty building according to radar. Frequent bursts of lighting and almost non stop grumbling !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Miracles happening, incredibly frequent lightning and the loudest booms of thunder ever to the south east/east, not much rain to speak of but the thunder is really roaring away.

Thank god the moaning can stop! LolSeems to be kicking off again a bit here!

Posted

Very heavy rain. Some flashes and booms. The roar from the rain is deafening

Posted

Damn CG to my east! Seems to have intensified near me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Very impressive horseshoe on the weather radar, incredible how it has developed over the last few hours. East midlands and northants getting a pasting.

it was torrential in daventry but dry when I got to northampton to work.

Posted

All calm again now but every now and then another flash and boom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Nice storm watching for an hr or so got soaked aswell lol,nice pink cg and loud thunder can still here it thundering away.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Storm nearly over me here, with multiple strikes to the South.

Been flickering for some while beforehand no doubt..up at 04.58am to increasingly rip roaring thunder and frequent at times strobe like lightning..

Several very close strikes later, gradually eased off a touch - now cranking up again for round two!

That's more like it :) garden looks happy..

Posted

It's going to be a long day, been awake a while, storms to my south west and south east, some good lightning and some decent rumbles. Im happy with that. Better get ready for work, off to Leamington Spa this morning!

Posted

Woke up twenty minutes ao by big ust of wind, made my coffee and its horrendous out there huge wind gusts lightning constant and rain is making river out of our road......thats what i call athunderstorm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

..good solid hour of action though

Posted Image

Nothing directly overhead, but have had an hour or so of some awesome lightning (in the distance). It's all gone quiet now, am hoping for more... well can see something edging its way up, just hope it explodes over the Midlands. *fingers crossed*