Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

Anyone near to Dover/Folkestone should really consider getting on a ferry/le shuttle tomorrow, level 3 warning for Northern France, fantastic storm chasing opportunity by the looks of it.

I wish - not cheap though!

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

the direction the mcs is headig in now has changed to a more notherly direction noticed it on the last few radar returns

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Anyone near to Dover/Folkestone should really consider getting on a ferry/le shuttle tomorrow, level 3 warning for Northern France, fantastic storm chasing opportunity by the looks of it.

And to think I was in Holland this time last week...could have been v interesting this weekend!

Posted

Its a perfect summer night. Temperature holding up at about 20 celcius, moon shining through a sheet of altocumulus, and lightning over the sea.( and cider)

Edited by Dangerous

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Man I wish I had gone to Tomorrowland festival in Boom, Belgium now (What a name Boom it will go tomorrow as well)! Level 3 out for NE France, Belgium and Southern Netherlands.

Some tents will be a rocking tomorrow night if you know what I mean! Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

I know im talking to myself, as its stupid oclock, but the little storm over the straits is now quite severe, and may even make landfall at st Margarets Bay or Kingsdown.

Posted

I know im talking to myself, as its stupid oclock, but the little storm over the straits is now quite severe, and may even make landfall at st Margarets Bay or Kingsdown.

Or even Ramsgate at this rate.

Posted

If anyone is awake in Deal or Walmer/Kingsdown, they should be getting a very good light show and quite loud thunder.I can still see it flashing away round the corner in Folkestone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

NMM 18Z showing accumulated 48 hour rainfall, till 18:00 on Sunday.

Whether it'll be near the mark, who knows? If it happens, Norfolk Sheep might have the heaviest drizzle ever recorded!Posted Image

post-11059-0-11836900-1374889830_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

If anyone is awake in Deal or Walmer/Kingsdown, they should be getting a very good light show and quite loud thunder.I can still see it flashing away round the corner in Folkestone.

Can see it on the radar. Time for bed methinks, before the light turns my eyes.Posted Image Posted Image

Posted

What a monster that MCS over France is. Its only just cleared Bordeaux, but its cloud plume has already reached East Sussex

Posted

That little stream of thundery showers is getting going again. Looks like its meaning business this time for Rye to Dover.

Posted

Blimey, huge storm in France, could well be probs if that remains intact and crosses the channel

Posted

Ive got a wonderful view from my hillside location and I can see lightning behind Dungeness. It might hit Rye or New Romney. (The Storm that is)

Posted

Off to work in a min, was hoping the storm would hold off until after lunch but looks like it could be arriving sooner. Posted Image

Posted

A fairly solid sheet of mid level grey cloud, with one or 2 lighter bits breaking up the greyness of it all.

Nice to see that my theory of thunderstorms forecast is catching on, even snow raven mentioned it :-) ie hair cut, blow dry, colouring, then walking home home, umbrella up and bobs your uncle an affro if the lightening strikes? Well that my revenge plan for the wife for refusing to make me a g&t last night.

Yes and there it was ladies and gentleman, as predicted, the set up and smash by the wife and not only did I predict it, I bloody well fell for it, in her nice sweet (unlike her normal gruff g&t refusal) voice, her, do you need any books for the cruise? Me, yes, I think I do (idiot), the thunderbolt / perfect volley / set up from her, oh we may as well go to Bluewater then, that's what the 2 barcadis and cokes where about last night, oh well plus point is at least she didn't want my body :-)

Edited by Charltonkerry

Posted

Well Im still here peeps. We are all under the cloud canopy from that huge thing over france. Locally ive got large spots of rain still, and contant distant thunder. The thunder is not from the beast, its from the train of showers that have been moving northeast up the channel all night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

bright, warm and sunny...

then I look on the radar and see that French monster

What to do today - the missus is away, I have the day to myself...

Posted

bright, warm and sunny...

then I look on the radar and see that French monster

What to do today - the missus is away, I have the day to myself...

Option 1 - Sit in the garden with a beer and hope the storms come to you. Order a takeaway for dinner.

Option 2 - Keep an eye on the radar, go on a chase and get a takeaway on the way home.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Should we name this storm the "Thunder Beast"  ?

Posted

Call it what you want. Its sliding away towards Belgium and Holland, like the others have done.

Edited by Dangerous