Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Well I am getting myself organised away from this computer, The weather will do what the weather will do - and watching the radar doesn't assist in any helpful way other than to dwell on the possibilities. Which is not good if you are like me and you are not a fan of storms. So, the shops I think is where I am headed to something much more pleasurable (as it it is at the best of timesPosted Image ) Good luck to those of you want storms and also to those like me who may wish to go AWOLPosted Image

Edited by Tamara Road

Posted

Thanks for the links everyone.  Didn't expect three separate ones!

So we currently have three lots of storms: one clearly irrelevant to the UK as they're over the low countries and heading NE.  The second is a small storm around the French coast which could be heading towards London.  The third is much bigger and is over Biscay and heading in the same direction.  That could provide a soaking overnight or late evening (earlier on the S coast).

None of them are moving all that fast.  I think that my location is likely to stay dry until the evening, and would venture that only S coastal counties are likely to see anything much earlier than early evening.

It seems to me that either these storms are going to pep up or the Meto has overstated their impact - maybe a bit of both-.  They are all small enough at the moment that if they stay that way then they will not soak everywhere, but that could change.

Posted

Mostly sunny, 25C, 68% humidity, gentle E/NE breeze. Perfect July day. Good job one can come here to have a chance of seeing correct weather news and forecasts. All Uk media outlets got this morning's weather here completely wrong. Barely a cloud in the sky. Rain & storms maybe delayed, but they must have known that at 9am. I wonder how many people changed their plans today, only to be disappointed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Looks like the national forecast for today has gone awry - sunny and 25c here (wrong on both accounts) - according to the national forecast it should now be cloudy with showery outbreaks and 21 degrees! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I'll start a new thread for you guys shortly as I expect the threads to be fast moving later what with all the storm reports you'll be making! Posted Image

so please finish off any posts and I'll post the new thread link shortly

Posted

Mostly sunny, 25C, 68% humidity, gentle E/NE breeze. Perfect July day. Good job one can come here to have a chance of seeing correct weather news and forecasts. All Uk media outlets got this morning's weather here completely wrong. Barely a cloud in the sky. Rain & storms maybe delayed, but they must have known that at 9am. I wonder how many people changed their plans today, only to be disappointed.

Have to admit media ballsed this one up.. but its so hard to forecast storms coming from france, channel most of the time has a say in the matter, its either drift right and get sucked down the channel or completly break up and die.

Anyway, watch the sun soakers scatter on live webcam if that storm holds together http://www.earthcam.com/world/uk/bognorregis/

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok, new thread here ------------> http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77391-south-east-east-anglia-regional-discussion-27713-13z/

locking this one in a mo