Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather Poll And Chat - Summer 2013 - What Weather Do You Like?

Summer Weather Preferences  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Day-time temperature (tick one box)

2. 2. Weather Type (tick one or multiple boxes)

3. 3. Night-time temperature (tick one box)

4. 4. If you could would you move to another country for the weather types you prefer?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

When people say that Britain has the best climate in the world I can't help but think they are just saying that because they live here.

I'm not so sure - Britain's climate is definitely very suitable to human habitation, lacking extremes most other countries receive, and what extremes we do get are usually rather tepid. I would say our climate is one of the best in the world purely from a survival POV.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Our climate is the best in the world! Couldn't ask for anything better!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

30 Degrees of pure British celsius! - but not too often, no air con at NND.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Good to see cool nights doing so well Posted Image

I (of course) went for warm nights - warmer the better! But my opinion might change when I move house later this year but for now I literally cannot remember the last time I tried to sleep and was too hot. Actually yes - Barbados it happened. Then on came the air con. But then mins there were 25c so you needed it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Humid & stormy

I hate our climate but I can think of worser

Edited by JK1

Posted

I like the middle ground for weather , warm, calm/settled, only extremes for want of a better word is to see the odd thunderstorm and short bursts of snow.

Nothing drawn out and lasting weeks if it is extreme.

And strong winds are my pet hate, they just break/destroy stuff and cost me money to replace/fix.

yep i hate wind more than any other weather all it does it damages things whether its roof tiles or crops, and it makes a lot of noise which is annoying

wall to wall sun with temps between 20c-25c is what i would like in summer, im not a fan of heat i sweat too much, of course i like a good old thunderstorm too with heavy rain to keep the gardens healthy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

I hate our climate but I can think of worser

Me too, not enough warm sunny days, too cold in winter, too much rain, snow, frost but there are many worse colder places like Scotland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Good to see cool nights doing so well Posted Image

I think some might choose warm nights as to being outside after dark some like it warm especially if out late so I can understand their choice. I like very warm days and cool nights not only because indoors gets to hot where I am and other places I have lived in but because of the feel of the cool air after a very warm/hot day, 15C is fine at night not 21C! for summer time!

Thanks for all the votes so far everyone looks good on the NW results graph too! (nice design)

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm