Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 27/7/13 13z------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Well Tom, at one point I had to have the trainer on who told me to pull myself together, then winked and said it was a bluff, so I gamely carried on and, fantastically they were so many men down it was a breeze Posted Image

Yes Jan, nothing like a good bit of time-wasting. Posted Image

Tom.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

Forgot,  I've got work tomorrow.

Night all.

Tom.

Posted

>>> Wandering reluctantly into the press conference, shoulders hunched, scowl on face. Posted ImagePosted Image .

I am extremely disappointed with our performance today, this match was there for the taking. We had one of our strongest teams out there but we failed to spark or ignite in any meaningful way, despite the conditions being very much in our favour. It was another below par performance, and there will be a detailed inquest into just what went wrong ( again ). ( Through gritted teeth ) I congratulate the Brontophobe team on their luck.

Okay I can have a laugh, and yes I was treated to a drop of rain and 3 or 4 flashes and rumbles late this afternoon but given the ingredients at our disposal for the second time this week I really was hoping for much more. Not criticising the forecasts in general, many wisened folk on here were saying this was more likely to be a rain event than a storm event, so they were right in that sense, except it really didn't even rain that much here on reflection.

This spell of weather has been quite incredible here, with daytime temperatures close to or above 28c for 21 days now ( 29.5c at Northolt today ).

The atmosphere was ripe, the near continent was spawning storms for fun and sending some our way and yet.........to me it feels like another huge let down, the second this week. Pleased for those who don't like storms, Personally gutted though.

Back to the dugout. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Agree with the disappointment... Was all set for a massive light show, but ended up with two decent forks (which were quite impressive actually) and a few cloud flashes and not many rumbles.

Can't believe it failed to deliver... It was ridiculously sticky and humid here (humidity peaked at about 96%, temp 27.4ºc before the rain started), but nothing happened!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr...rrrrrrrr!!

And I had my lucky pants on too!! 

Blame the French?? Not moi. Posted Image

Did I say Grrrrrrrrrrrrr??

Posted

Total disappointment re last night mega storm, but being a Charlton supporter we are used to big let down, and are only surprised if things go to plan :-)

Lovely morning clear blue sky and just a mist layer of fine cloud, hope that make sense, (be the first time one of post has). Think we are off to Leeds castle today, not certain why, but it seems a good idea, no doubt wet bums and biting insects awaits after the rain yesterday, have a great Sunday, oh and stay on topic :-)))))

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Is 5mm rain the new torrential downpour?  Not sure I can cope if the weather got really severe Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

If your just having breakfast like me then here is an added sweetener..

Headline:

Sunny spells and locally heavy showers. Feeling warm.

Today:

Mainly dry with sunny spells at first. Occasional showers, perhaps locally heavy with thunder, will develop later in the morning and through the afternoon, especially in western counties. Warm in the sunshine, especially away from coasts. Maximum Temperature 25 Â°C.

Tonight:

Further heavy, perhaps thundery showers will spread northwards through the evening, then becoming mainly dry again later in the night. Minimum Temperature 15 Â°C.

Monday:

It will be a day of sunny spells and scattered showers, these occasionally heavy and thundery. Southwesterly breezes, brisk near coasts. Maximum Temperature 24 Â°C.

Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday:

Dry and bright Tuesday morning, then cloud and rain later. Occasional rain on Wednesday with some brightness. Mainly dry, sunny spells and hot on Thursday, but turning thundery later.

Issued at: 0400 on Sun 28 Jul 2013

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/city-of-london#?tab=regionalForecast

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

So many words of thunder/thundery in one local forecast is quite something .. can I get excited yet!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So many words of thunder/thundery in one local forecast is quite something .. can I get excited yet!

Nope, and if I see any people from France or Belgium, I will beat them with a blow up hammer Posted Image

Scattered showers today, given uppers are still around 10C, I would still expect temperatures to be pretty good. 24-26C

Any showers we do get could give some nasty downpours and some rumbles of thunder.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

I expect if and when I visit somewhere across the lake I get to a small shop and expect to find a mass of postcards to choose from with lightning on... to send to the UK

Posted

>>> Wandering reluctantly into the press conference, shoulders hunched, scowl on face. Posted ImagePosted Image .

I am extremely disappointed with our performance today, this match was there for the taking. We had one of our strongest teams out there but we failed to spark or ignite in any meaningful way, despite the conditions being very much in our favour. It was another below par performance, and there will be a detailed inquest into just what went wrong ( again ). ( Through gritted teeth ) I congratulate the Brontophobe team on their luck.

Okay I can have a laugh, and yes I was treated to a drop of rain and 3 or 4 flashes and rumbles late this afternoon but given the ingredients at our disposal for the second time this week I really was hoping for much more. Not criticising the forecasts in general, many wisened folk on here were saying this was more likely to be a rain event than a storm event, so they were right in that sense, except it really didn't even rain that much here on reflection.

This spell of weather has been quite incredible here, with daytime temperatures close to or above 28c for 21 days now ( 29.5c at Northolt today ).

The atmosphere was ripe, the near continent was spawning storms for fun and sending some our way and yet.........to me it feels like another huge let down, the second this week. Pleased for those who don't like storms, Personally gutted though.

Back to the dugout. Posted Image

Morning all and BB,

Spoken like a gentlemen. I'm sure its just a slight setback. With such massive support and therefore not inconsiderable funds to draw on, I'm sure you can throw some money at the problem, I know you've been scouting on that French site, Meteociel and reading some of those observations, recently and have contacts in Spain, Germany and Italy. It's not for nothing, that you're known as the Roman Abramovich of Northwood!

Thought tactically we we're pretty astute yesterday.

Quote: "Good news is, if these latest FAXES are correct, anything thundery should be clear of our region before darkness falls."

And this superb piece of pre-match analysis from our goalkeeper, Tamara : "Judging from the wind circulations then by about 9pm the thundery low will be heading into the north of the region and beyond and with a westerly flow coming in across the south of the region. Instinct tells me that by this time the most unstable air (and hence thunder potential) will be being displaced. The GFS does bear this out with CAPE and LI already stabilising out from the south by 9pm."

Nothing like self-praise and a bit of trumpet blowing!

Trouble is, being so thin on the ground, we have so much area to cover and we just couldnt cope with the amount of radar possession you had yesterday. Think we needed to press you higher up the pitch, Channel/N.French coast, rather than sit back and let you encroach into our half, i.e Sussex!

We have our eye on a couple of performers for Cherbourg, whose contracts are up soon and there's no doubt this the area we need to concentrate on and strengthen our defence!

On that Cherbourg note, I've just spied this for Thursday. A chance for you Brontophiles again, to put us to the sword!

Posted Image

Edited by TomBR7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I have literally just realised why that region is called Benelux. BElgium, NEtherlands, LUXembourg.

Facepalm!

Posted

Posted Image

Just remembered it's the Glorious Goodwood horse-racing festival, in West Sussex, this week Tues-Sat. That could put the cat amongst the pigeons, for any racegoers!

Tom.

Posted

Thundery low it is Thursday, oh cannot get excited just yet but there are many chances or thunder before that potential event it's an interesting end of wkend as we could get thundery showers later, Monday too(tmw)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Morning all.

Yes, yesterday could have been much better. But at least I got to see something, so I'm not going to be too despondent about the end result. And more chances over the coming week, it would seem?? Keeping everything crossed.

Currently 19.1°, with plenty of cumulus scudding across the sky. Feels a little fresher this morning, that's for sure. A very pleasant summer's day in prospect hopefully.

Lee

Posted

Good morning Freaks and Phobes,

Lots or rain yesterday which my garden slurped up with glee. Still need more though.

Much fresher this morning with a fair amount of cloud and a good breeze Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Got to be honest,was expecting something a little more dramatic yesterday evening,was shaping up nicely around 6 ish.lots of storm clouds,huge amount of lightning coming up from france.a few bangs and flashes followed along with the rain and it was warming up nicely,but the inevitable happened and it died down.it was great to see some action dont get me wrong,but it never seems to kick off.frustrating when northan france gets hammered with everything

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

What a difference a day makes, fresher today, still warm but after 3 weeks of heat and humidity it is a pleasing respite.

Like others though, we got mostly rain here last night, a few distant rumbles of thunder was the best we could manage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any weather

all that ramping up - made sure house was safe and missus was prepared, told neighbours and what happened?

25 minutes of drizzle...

Dont the weather people know we got reputations? Innit! Bludd!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

Believe it when I see it, better call the French and let them know they have some great storms on the way! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T/Storms, Snow, Extreme Rain, Anything out of the ordinary!

all that ramping up - made sure house was safe and missus was prepared, told neighbours and what happened?

25 minutes of drizzle...

Dont the weather people know we got reputations? Innit! Bludd!

I dont suppose the weather forecasters worry about our reps homie....they didn't big themselves up yesterday either with that performance....you get me? 

i am seriously thinking of raise a case in the European Court of Human Rights.

In the late 80's when we were forecast a good storm from the south it always arrived having departed the French Coast, however I am sure a new weather quota (1 great storm in 50 years) has been drawn up keeping everything the other side of the English Channel. Our butter mountain has gone along with our fishing rights and at this rate thundery showers will become light rain (Oh, sorry my fellow forum friend in Norfolk has already reported this has already started).

What happened to the "Made in Britain' slogan, days when homegrown thunderstorms which appeared every day of summer and we didn't have to reply on imported goods from the EU.

Back to looking at the radar and chartsPosted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lots of disappointment on here today after yesterday's total let-down yawnfest, the 2nd in one week for my area. At least it rained (for 30 mins). And much of the day was roasting hot (29C). Thursday looks very interesting, will it be 3rd time lucky?

Posted

i am seriously thinking of raise a case in the European Court of Human Rights.

In the late 80's when we were forecast a good storm from the south it always arrived having departed the French Coast, however I am sure a new weather quota (1 great storm in 50 years) has been drawn up keeping everything the other side of the English Channel. Our butter mountain has gone along with our fishing rights and at this rate thundery showers will become light rain (Oh, sorry my fellow forum friend in Norfolk has already reported this has already started).

What happened to the "Made in Britain' slogan, days when homegrown thunderstorms which appeared every day of summer and we didn't have to reply on imported goods from the EU.

Back to looking at the radar and chartsPosted Image

Here here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Lots of disappointment on here today after yesterday's total let-down yawnfest, the 2nd in one week for my area. At least it rained (for 30 mins). And much of the day was roasting hot (29C). Thursday looks very interesting, will it be 3rd time lucky?

Rain most of the evening here, even buggered up my plans meet up with family down the pub (stopped in and ended up watching Con Air again instead)