Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion 2nd August 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

One thing I've noticed this week is how chilly it gets in the early evenings now. Even if the sun's still shining there's a definite end of summer feel about the day... I'm really quite looking forward to autumn and winter now, but then I always do.

To be fair Iceni, the daytime temperatures have been rather seasonal with maxes of around 18-20. I'm sure if the temps got to around 30C then than chill wouldn't be there. When we got to 34C 9 days ago, the evening was still very muggy. 

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

One thing I've noticed this week is how chilly it gets in the early evenings now. Even if the sun's still shining there's a definite end of summer feel about the day... I'm really quite looking forward to autumn and winter now, but then I always do.

It's only cool because of the airmass, not the time of year. Don't forget that 10 years ago today we recorded the highest UK max temp.
  • Like 1

Posted

ecm ensembles

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

nothing exciting to report

average temps maybe below to the 15th and wetter from the 19th

gfs 18z

Posted Image

shows a lift from the 21st

problem is the main gfs run has little support

anyway time will tell Posted Image

goodnight all Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It's only cool because of the airmass, not the time of year. Don't forget that 10 years ago today we recorded the highest UK max temp.

Yes I'm sure that's the case, but when you're as old as me and you've lived in the country all your life, you sort of get the feel of the weather seasons.

Our neighbouring farmer says he'll have to begin harvesting his wheat this week and that's because in about in a couple of weeks the nights will start seeing heavy dews, even if it's been blazing hot all day - then he'd have to dry off the grain after it's harvested which costs him money. I think I trust his experience more than a computer model — he's been farming for 40 years.

Autumn's just around the corner.

Edited by Iceni

Posted

Yes I'm sure that's the case, but when you're as old as me and you've lived in the country all your life, you sort of get the feel of the weather seasons.

Our neighbouring farmer says he'll have to begin harvesting his wheat next week and that's because in about in a couple of weeks time, the nights will start seeing heavy dews and he'll have to dry off the grain after it's harvested which costs him money. Autumn's just around the corner.

Harvest is going on all around us at the moment, I'm amazed that nature has caught up after such a late start. Mind you the summer flowers are all going well still.

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Posted

A wee drop of rain, earlier...Now sunny.

Yep, we've had 6.0mm since 5.30 ish this morning, but it's clearing back to just overcast. Saves me watering the garden today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

sunny here too. Time to put my head in some chemistry notes.

Posted

Looks like a relatively settled week coming up with a slight increase in temperatures as we move through to the end of it:

Posted Image

Edited by Coast
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Some overnight rain here but it has cleared and dried up nicely now Posted Image 

I was rather disappointed it was cloudy last night, I was hoping to see the Perseid Meteor show this weekend so fingers crossed tonight will be clearer, here's a great step-by-step guide to create the best viewing experience for any of you who might be interested in trying to catch it ......

http://www.slate.com/blogs/bad_astronomy/2013/08/09/perseid_meteor_shower_2013_catch_the_falling_stars.html

Have a lovely Sunday folks, I'm looking forward to my roast lamb later (it's my favourite)  Posted Image

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Sunny, cloudy and breezy in Ippy with patches of very blue sky. :)

Supposed to be going to Fritton Lake tomorrow but we shall see. Probably end up having another indoor picnic. :)

Have a lovely Sunday folks.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Mint Sauce, err I meant Morning all.

Patchy cloud here, not aware of it raining at any time over night, did have a loooooong lie in for the first time in weeks, instead of getting up just after 05:00 I stayed put until 10:00 Posted Image

Hope you all have a nice day (for me it is day 1 of my week off)

• Like 2

Posted

Morning :)

Down to 13.3c overnight, quite cloudy this morning but no rain here.

The sun is attempting to make an appearance and as a result it's currently 21.4c.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Morning Posted Image

Down to 13.3c overnight, quite cloudy this morning but no rain here.

The sun is attempting to make an appearance and as a result it's currently 21.4c.

Its warm here too and quite humid feeling - the washing drying very nicely despite the current lack of sun in this part of the SE coastal panhandle.

More grey than beige definitely so far. But I think that a very pleasant afternoon is to come with the sun appearingPosted Image

This summer really has turned into a very good'unPosted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Sun shining through the office window here in Croydon. Cant report on sky colour,although building opposite is sort of beige cum taupe.

Back to a Tescos chicken salad sandwich for me today, reduced calorie to boot, even the salad will have to be, due to a lovely

chicken korma/passanda (sort of customised), on Friday evening, which I'm still wearing around my waist.

Tom.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Warming up here now, sun is out, light breeze and currently 20.4oC in the shed.

Been carting art stuff from downstairs to the now prepared "art corner" I have made in the spare room, it is looking good, next to the window, so I still get the see the world and weather as I work, even installed an old spare PC there so I can use that as a photo viewer for the pictures I am working from rather than printing them out to use.

Posted

Croydon architecture has much the same colour scheme then as when I lived there oncePosted Image I spent a very nice year or two living there actually with the kitchen vista offering a spectacular back-drop towards the Purley Way, plus it coincided with one of our classic winter snowy spellsPosted Image

Edited by Tamara Road
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Lovely, sunny 22C over here, peeps...Posted Image

Croydon architecture has much the same colour scheme then as when I lived there oncePosted Image I spent a very nice year or two living there actually with the kitchen vista offering a spectacular back-drop towards the Purley Way, plus it coincided with one of our classic winter snowy spellsPosted Image

Isn't that term an oxymoron, Tamara?Posted Image 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Lovely, sunny 22C over here, peeps...Posted Image

Isn't that term an oxymoron, Tamara?Posted Image 

Exactly ABNS, and the Tram network has meant the road system around here is very confusing and one can get lost for ages trying to exit this place and of course road congestion, just as bad.

Back on topic. Sun still shining strongly here, well actually rebounding off the windows opposite!

Tom.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Exactly ABNS, and the Tram network has meant the road system around here is very confusing and one can get lost for ages trying to exit this place and of course road congestion, just as bad.

Back on topic. Sun still shining strongly here, well actually rebounding off the windows opposite!

Tom.

The bit where the bus station, tram stop and East Croydon railway station all converge is an utter nightmare, Tom...I hope you haven't been presented with a brand-new 'Boris Bike' terminal as well!Posted Image 

Edited by A Boy Named Sue
It does affect the weather...
  • Like 2

Posted

Getting lost can become an art form for some of usPosted Image Especially when faced with road blocks north of London passport control which is what I relate that to.

Sun out as predicted by the Hastings wx bureau.. washing dry... next the ironing. Happy daysPosted Image

Edited by Tamara Road
  • Like 2