Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Potentially deadly predatory Asian hornets with vicious sting heading towards Britain

knocker

Posted

It is feared that vespa velutina nigrithorax, which can grow to four-times the size of a British honey bee, could attack the indigenous bee population

A swarm of potentially deadly vicious Asian hornets with a devastating sting are heading towards Britain's shores.

It is feared that vespa velutina nigrithorax, which can grow to four-times the size of a British honey bee, could attack the indigenous bee population.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/potentially-deadly-predatory-asian-hornets-with-vicious-sting-heading-towards-britain-8799556.html

Posted

Vile beasties - much more aggressive than the usual European hornets you encounter on your holidays. We saw very few ordinary wasps this year but the Asian hornets were a nuisance, constantly swooping to warn you off - must have been a nest somewhere close to the gite.

Posted

I remember watching a documentary about those a few years ago. The "local" Asian honey bees have a technique to overcome them when they attack the hive; they completely surround them in a ball and overheat the hornet, killing it. However, European honey bees essentially got massacred by them as they would attack, and get picked off, one at a time. If they become a permanent resident in Europe I hope our bees can adapt so they can protect themselves.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

do we need michael cain in?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

It is feared that vespa velutina nigrithorax, which can grow to four-times the size of a British honey bee, could attack the indigenous bee population

A swarm of potentially deadly vicious Asian hornets with a devastating sting are heading towards Britain's shores.

It is feared that vespa velutina nigrithorax, which can grow to four-times the size of a British honey bee, could attack the indigenous bee population.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/potentially-deadly-predatory-asian-hornets-with-vicious-sting-heading-towards-britain-8799556.html

I heard the border controls were in Chaos but this is getting ridiculous.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2410553/Britains-borders-chaos-How-terrorist-warning-doesnt-work-millions-passengers-unchecked-staff-frightened-blow-whistle.html

I hate wasps I'm prepared

post-7914-0-29129100-1378499712_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow

I have never seen so many wasps this year on the IOW tbh, they have been everywhere and 3 customers at the place I work have been stung. Hope these things though dont come in I hate wasps and hornets