Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion 26/10/13 16z----->

A.J

Posted

Cloud, cloud and more cloud...but still dry! Which is great considering the first half of Autumn and what December 2012 turned out like. Would be nice to get a dry run up to Christmas this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Cloud, cloud and more cloud...but still dry! Which is great considering the first half of Autumn and what December 2012 turned out like. Would be nice to get a dry run up to Christmas this year.

Dry in December, bleeding 'ell thats unlikely, the unrealistic fantasy northerly gone now, feel GFS is closer to the eventual outcome here, with average to mild, low pressure in charge 5th to 8th

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by conor123, November 28, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by conor123, November 28, 2013 - No reason given

I actually would rather have the washouts and storms back over this weather, at least there's sun in between the showers or behind fronts a lot of the time, these spells are the worst type of weather possible for here with day after day of slate grey skies which may possibly continue here for another week!

Edited by conor123
Posted

Grey and dark once again despite the brighter start, also really quite windy to, 9c.

Improvement on the charts today but going on past experiences I still think the northerlies going through Scandinavia and straight into Germany instead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

ECM tonight, Gets winter off to an astonishing start.

First the showers and plenty of them coming down/through the Cheshire Gap Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then this ......Let it snow,let it snow,let it SNOW Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

if it's still there by Tuesday Evening and Wednesday afternoon I'll be pleased. Until then it's just the ECM dangling a carrot. 

It's almost 1 year to the day of 'THAT ECM'. Rinse and repeat this year. 

The models will get us into this position 10 times this season and 1 or 2 may come off if we are lucky. 

Not to be glum, but the fallout and word 'downgrade' is used so much at the wrong time on weather forums that it winds me up.

• Like 1

Posted

certainly is a good blast, even on GFS, but GFS version is horrid for Sunday 8th, ECMWF is nearly as good as that 12Z on 05th Dec '12, even better if the high at 240 was a bit further north

Posted

Of course the JMA or GEM are probably what will actually happen though Posted Image

thats what Gaz1985 put in model thread, no1 on my ignore list

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Gaz1985, View it anyway?

Posted

thats what Gaz1985 put in model thread, no1 on my ignore list

This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by Gaz1985, View it anyway?

I shall avoid any ramping until it's within the 96hr timeframe, although it's hard not to ramp with that spectacular ECM Posted Image

NW's can be the best of all directions for snow for us if the setup's right (Cheshire Gap streamers of Mar 06 stick out) so fingers crossed the ECM/UKMO is on the money! 

I expect at least a few days of thundersnow storms roaring through after THIS autumn Posted Image

This will do nicely please >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHPYa2eOXCI

Edited by conor123

Posted

A day of comets and cold spells springing back to life.

Yet neither seem certain yet.

ISON is getting to see far more of the sun than we are though.

Posted

Not the SE thread then lol :)

Snow cup anyone?So quiet in here most of the time..... Need to liven it up :) Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted

I shall avoid any ramping until it's within the 96hr timeframe, although it's hard not to ramp with that spectacular ECM Posted Image

NW's can be the best of all directions for snow for us if the setup's right (Cheshire Gap streamers of Mar 06 stick out) so fingers crossed the ECM/UKMO is on the money! 

I expect at least a few days of thundersnow storms roaring through after THIS autumn Posted Image

This will do nicely please >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHPYa2eOXCI

dont remember that one, do remember Feb '03, from 3rd to 5th

Posted

This will do nicely please >> 

enjoyed that vid :) I think we deserve something decent

Posted

go onto meteociel ecmwf, then archives, 05th Dec 2012 12Z?

I was hoping to save it on to my phone but can't access that website on it, what I will have to do is go on the laptop tomorrow then send it to my phone, thanks anyway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Somebody wake me up when something interesting happens please.

Posted Image

Bish

Well it's defo been worth model watching today, Especially this evening 10/10 for the EMC. http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78278-the-midlands-regional-weather-discussion-261013-16z/page-29#entry2848936

By the way as anybody woke Bish up out of his "Wake me up when something interesting happens" Posted Image........May be not then Posted Image

Oh well there's always tomorrow and hopefully some more of this Posted Image A very interesting week a head.

• Like 2

Posted

By the way as anybody woke Bish up out of his "Wake me up when something interesting happens" Posted Image........May be not then Posted Image

No, I'm still in Snooze Mode. It'll take more than an ECM 192h chart to fully wake me up I'm afraid.

Posted Image

Bish

• Like 3

Posted

ECM & GFS both perfect this morning for Cheshire Gap streamers Friday Night, UKMO however showing that eastward trend I was worried about so no point ramping yet. 

In the meantime the sun's FINALLY out today for the first time since Monday, lovely day.

Posted

ECM & GFS both perfect this morning for Cheshire Gap streamers Friday Night, UKMO however showing that eastward trend I was worried about so no point ramping yet. 

In the meantime the sun's FINALLY out today for the first time since Monday, lovely day.

The ECM shows the classic Northerly episode, let's hope it can verify.

• Like 1