Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 21/01/14

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Posted Image

BAWAHAHAHAHA! Posted Image

Just pulled an old SKY+ box apart to liberate some spares for the PC and my Freeview PVR, these things are not built with human intervention in mind that is for sure.

Still dull and overcast here but no rain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Hi JJ1, think the 'trend' is for something cooler next week, but all still a bit vague methinks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Dull, damp, dank and dismal in Dippy Ippy. How's that for alliteration. :)

Have a good day, folks.

Posted

Southernman is asking for anyone in the Selsey/Chichester area who can let him know if there are problems in the area with the weather, he is driving there from early tomorrow from here, down the a12 then across at the dartford crossing and onwards.

I am glad he is going to miss the snow which was being forecast last week for tomorrow but it looks now as if when he comes back next Sunday, the weather might be be a bit wintry then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 08/12/13 Posted by Kentish CZ on 09 December 2013 - 13:46

Quote: "Just got into work after attending Ian Currie's talk on Frosts, Freezes and Fairs, based on his book of the same title. I mentioned in the thread a few days ago, that myself and Tamara were lucky enough to meet him the other evening and had a thoroughly enjoyable discussion with him, all weather related of course.

He's such an interesting guy to listen to and talks with great enthusiasm and passion for his subject. I mentioned to him that it might be an idea to organise one of his presentation talks around a Regional meet-up, perhaps. They are certainly worth going along to for our members, who obviously have more of an interest in Meteorology than the average person in the street. There's plenty of his books on sale, at these talks, in fact I bought the book that the talk was based on and I find all his books a really good read for someone who has more than just a passing interest in all things weather.

I'll be having a chat to him again soon to see if he can give us a few dates in his diary next year, where we could possibly organise something, plus dates of upcoming talks in general".

Morning all,

Just wanted to quote my post of pre-Xmas comments regarding a couple of Regional talks that Tamara and myself are trying to organise with Ian Currie. We met him again on Thursday and have a few locations in mind that hopefully will be convenient for quite a few members to attend. We suggested to Ian that it would be preferable to hold 2 talks, one north of the Thames and one south of the river, to give members the oppurtunity to get to either one, as the region is so large. Locations north of the Thames, probably just north of London, Herts/Essex border say and the southern talk somewhere like Tonbridge/Tunbridge Wells f.e. We'd probably be looking at late Spring/early Summer now, as he has talks already arranged for the early part of Spring.

If any members would be interested in coming along to these talks, given the locations and timescale mentioned, could you please P.M. me, to let me know. Obviously Mr.Currie would like to have an idea of numbers involved, once we have an idea then we can be more specific about location and dates of these talks.

Regards,

Tom.

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Oh the excitement! :lol:

Got excited at the big waves (and a bit wet lol) but it had to be done ...,post-10773-0-89896500-1390653639_thumb.jAt least we have the wifi again - the wind seemed to affect the antenna so we've had no connection for a couple of days !
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Just got back from the MOD thread, wherein the supposed intellectuals are claiming that FI GFS and a few ECM ensembles prove that, after a few days of cooler weather, we'll be straight back to mild zonal gales and rain until at least 2018, possible 2020.Posted Image What they're ignoring is the fact that, whenever there's a blocking high, the GFS always shows it being blasted out of the way as though it were a piece of confetti, and that several people have said they cannot recall the Met Office models being badly wrong at only +96 hours.

• Like 2

Posted

A palm tree blowing down on the next island made headline local news here yesterday lol

We took shelter in a lava tube as you do ....

post-10773-0-41500200-1390654925_thumb.j

post-10773-0-12878600-1390654984_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted

Back to calmer conditions and 22 deg c - enjoying the sunshine at Playa Blanca today ....

post-10773-0-61778400-1390655138_thumb.j

post-10773-0-52462700-1390655189_thumb.j

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Afternoon all

Posted Image

Gritters out from 19.00 tonight. Risk of heavy showers/hail/thunder this PM. Temps marginal tonight with risk of ice.

https://twitter.com/Herts_Highways

A detailed view of that nasty squall line that is moving SE. Expect lightning and hail.

Posted Image

Posted ImageKCC Highways â€@KentHighways

Gritting Alert: Sunday 26th January; Our teams will be treating primary routes from 04:00 Sunday morning

Gritters out tonight - please drive carefully and give them plenty of room #grittertwitter

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Incredibly dark here near the Humber, it's like 4:30pm. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

PINK LIGHTNING!!!! :D

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

afternoon all,

A breeze is picking up out there. Im having a sort of pj day today on acount of my man flu. I do have to take my little girl to a sleep over in Borehamwood at 5 which is just going to ruin my indoor day humph. A parents work is never done eh.

This suqall line is coming in too, I think it might be passed over by then though....

I hope you are all having a nice afternoon.

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level

PINK LIGHTNING!!!! Posted Image

Gay lightning!  Who'd have thought it (puts on deep voice and handles shaving foam)

Posted

any watching the rain heading our way could get to be heavy for a time when it get here

Posted

squall line now passing via the midland just been reading their thread  looks like  their some nasty thunder storms  in the line will be interesting to see if they get  down here

Posted

wind really picked up now, rain just started.....here we go

Edit - looking at the radar this is just a short shower before the line reaches here

Edited by lloydyd

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Afternoon all its been a while, check out that squall line!!! pretty sure no thunder or lightning will get down here though. One can dream!What a crazy setup for late jan!!!!

Edited by Mesoscale
  • Like 1

Posted

do you think it will do the same down here Luke?

Posted

should  be getting reports  from London soon storm now going along the m4!!