Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Atlantic storms February 2014

Liam J

Posted

Lots of police and emergency services about.....the hill across the valley towards hyde/ mottram lots of lights.... Power is out in quite a few places near here....lots of trees down around too....average windspeed dropped off a while ago but big gusts making lots of noise out there still....

Not as bad as 1990s storms....remember snaefell on iom recorded 144mph one christmas eve storm...

Edited by WillinGlossop

Posted

just north of blackpool......gusts currently of 84 mph....highest gust so far of 94 mph according to the nearest weather station   http://www.ncirossallpointfleetwood.co.uk/weather/index.htm   pressure rising rapidly hopefully that means an improvement.  If not maybe beer will help :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Just been looking at the Crewe community page on Facebook. Some crazy reports on there from today's storm. Chimneys blown down and tiles have been flying across one of the main roads out of the town. Numerous trees down aswell. Spoke to my mum and she said she saw about 7 trees down blocking roads on her way home....took her 2 hours to make it back in what should have been a 30 minute journey. Crazy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Blackpool tram service closed down

Posted

Beginning to calm down here, peaked around 19:00.

Not too much damage other than the odd fence down and some bins blown around.

However a large tree has fallen in the grounds of the Crooked Spire, i imagine it was a very old one aswell .

Posted

going through GFS with this

http://www.weatheronline.co.uk/cgi-bin/expertcharts?LANG=en&MENU=0000000000&CONT=euro&MODELL=gfs&MODELLTYP=1&BASE=-&VAR=pslv&HH=384&ZOOM=0&ARCHIV=0&RES=0&WMO=&PERIOD=

Saw there dont seem to be much respite with the forecasting The low just spinning rinsing and firing new systems constantly. They currently dont look dangerous current ones likely bring rain.

GFS been pretty acurate long term forecasting development of lows.

Will we get abit break.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Peak of the winds now over Darlo very strong and frequent gusts with the rain

Peak winds showing to be later than this Gav - have you got an up to date wind map though because not sure which one I was looking at?  XC weather are going for circa 70mph from midnight too...

• Like 1

Posted

The damage to seafront arcades and businesses on Blackpool is massive. Experts reckon the storm has made £5 million pounds of improvements.

Posted Image Posted Image lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Really strong gusts over Darlington now

@P-M

For me the met have gusts peaking 6pm to 9pm before easing during the early hours

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heavy Rain

The damage to seafront arcades and businesses on Blackpool is massive. Experts reckon the storm has made £5 million pounds of improvements.

Not funny!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

New York is gonna warm up little bit before it turn much colder again next week. No doubt we gonna get more stormy weather to come next few weeks. Posted Image  Daily average temp of New York in Feb is 3C but by Sunday it is gonna be minus 13C. That is way below average for time of year. It is pretty unusual for New York.

Edited by pip22

Posted

Really strong gusts over Darlington now

@P-M

For me the met have gusts peaking 6pm to 9pm before easing during the early hours

Ah OK - thought the NE region generally was going to be severe gales later than that lasting until after midnight- you are not that far from me in miles either.  Keep us posted mate!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Ah OK - thought the NE region generally was going to be severe gales later than that lasting until after midnight- you are not that far from me in miles either.  Keep us posted mate!  

Gales will continue after midnight for a time the amber warning expires at 23:50 after which a yellow warning will take over lighter winds should be with us all in the NE by around 03:00

• Like 1

Posted

just north of blackpool......gusts currently of 84 mph....highest gust so far of 94 mph according to the nearest weather station   http://www.ncirossallpointfleetwood.co.uk/weather/index.htm   pressure rising rapidly hopefully that means an improvement.  If not maybe beer will help Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I haven't had time to catch up on all the posts but what a wild day it has been, and still is!

I went for a drive this afternoon and ended up in Macclesfield at around 5pm and some serious winds there. I could not get home via Leek due to a fallen tree so had no choice but to go over the tops and home via Buxton. Throughout Macclesfield I noticed there were no lamposts on and traffic lights were out so I assume the power was out. Debris flying everywhere and hitting the car, proper scary stuff and I have to say I am glad to be home safely.

Considering Macclesfield probably had winds around 70mph I would hate to imagine the 100mph that some are getting, must be terrifying. Having said that the winds over the tops must have been over 80mph, but less debris flying around due to not much to blow around up there. It was snowing though :)

• Like 1

Posted

New York is gonna warm up little bit before it turn much colder again next week. No doubt we gonna get more stormy weather to come next few weeks. Posted Image

aye thats what looking upto 28th we could be seeing few days relief but only until next one arrives.

When does HMS UK abandon shipPosted Image

Posted

How much longer are the winds over cumbria going to lastwhats the latest on fridays storm, and will it settle down after that

Are you not yet able to 'read' the various charts on Net Wx TS, you have been on here quite a long time?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, snow, warmth, and thunder.

The Met Office Weather Warnings were fairly accurate today in comparison to other warnings issued for other wind storms, with the exception of the pointless snow warning. The Midlands can expect more wind warnings on Saturday, along with rain warnings which have been already issued.

All three wind warnings were shown on the West Midlands warning map aligned.

post-17472-0-55969800-1392238568_thumb.j

Saturday could bring windier sustained winds, but not much windier, and also for a longer period of time. Gusts maybe the same, around 55mph.

post-17472-0-39682800-1392238864_thumb.j

Saturday 12:00PM, Winds are expected pick up throughout the night.

STILL ANOTHER 3 DAYS LEFT SO CHANGES ARE MORE THAN LIKELY, THE STORM WAS UPGRADED YESTERDAY, AND WAS DOWNGRADED BEFORE THAT.

• Like 1

Posted

Are you not yet able to 'read' the various charts on Net Wx TS, you have been on here quite a long time?

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

Wind dropping away.. my word there was some very strong gusts in that,  perhaps 10 extreme gusts overall.  No idea on damage around there area though.