Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Considering how pants the southeast often was in June compared to places further west, it's about time they had some fun actually (as long as this isn't the start of a SE-NW dividing line for the rest of the summer). June was brilliant here in the west country, never statistically hot although at times in the sun, very dry with only one 'wet' day (4th) and a lot of generally usable weather. 22-26C with a few days a tad higher was perfect. 

Light rain been off and on for the last half hour. Breezy too but warm.

Considering how pants the southeast often was in June compared to places further west, it's about time they had some fun actually (as long as this isn't the start of a SE-NW dividing line for the rest of the summer). June was brilliant here in the west country, never statistically hot although at times in the sun, very dry with only one 'wet' day (4th) and a lot of generally usable weather. 22-26C with a few days a tad higher was perfect. 

Light rain been off and on for the last half hour. Breezy too but warm.

Indeed, remember on Saturday and Monday the roof was heavily used at Wimbledon, when it was better over here.

The odd day of a NW SE split is OK, along at isn't a trend.

And today's weather could be worse, it could have been like this on the weekend. :rofl:

Posted

Now now...don't be like that. You get outside and under them there grey wet and windy skies and like it!ItIt's July dontcha know. What else were you expecting? Sunshine?

Lol was actually quite refreshing once the rain got going- trouble is its stopped now yet the sky still hasn't cleared. Just really hope we aren't looking at another 2010....

Indeed, remember on Saturday and Monday the roof was heavily used at Wimbledon, when it was better over here. The odd day of a NW SE split is OK, along at isn't a trend. And today's weather could be worse, it could have been like this on the weekend. :rofl:

The SE did OK in June, it was the NE that really got most of the crap weather.

Posted

Can we not split the regions up again? It's too broad an area? I mean, Wales is mountainous and they don't get the same weather as in Dorset.

It's annoying that we cannot be a region again?

Heck, during cold spells, we even split into east and west Midlands?

Ok, so the threads may be a bit dead at this time of year, but what's the harm?

Can we not split the regions up again? It's too broad an area? I mean, Wales is mountainous and they don't get the same weather as in Dorset.

It's annoying that we cannot be a region again?

Heck, during cold spells, we even split into east and west Midlands?

Ok, so the threads may be a bit dead at this time of year, but what's the harm?

This is entirely a personal point of view. But I think the threads are working better than they were previously, and there is far more interest than was the case last year.

Clearly there are weather differences between the bigger "region" and in days like this with big weather differences this can be problematic, but even within the smaller "region" this often happened.

But an invitation to all - do you prefer the new regions or not? [Feel free to disagree]

Edited by J10
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Had 8mm of rain here, from intermittent drizzards. More to come as well.

I heard a weird noise outside, it was the lawn going "oooooh" and "ahhhh" lol

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely morning here on East Devon/Dorset border. 16c and sunny with a few lumpy looking shower clouds in the distance.Humid.

Posted

I'm finding it interesting to see how varying the conditions are within this regional thread even when generally we're under the same set up.

Very humid still, 91% at present under Stratocumulus, I'm guessing it'll freshen up once the sky begins to clear, 7.5mm of rain overnight

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Rain overnight, turned sunny and feels warm this morning, currently 16c.

Posted

This is entirely a personal point of view. But I think the threads are working better than they were previously, and there is far more interest than was the case last year.

Clearly there are weather differences between the bigger "region" and in days like this with big weather differences this can be problematic, but even within the smaller "region" this often happened.

But an invitation to all - do you prefer the new regions or not? [Feel free to disagree]

This new region is great, interesting as Andy says seeing all the variation, and more of a flow to the conversation :)

• Like 2

Posted

This is entirely a personal point of view. But I think the threads are working better than they were previously, and there is far more interest than was the case last year. Clearly there are weather differences between the bigger "region" and in days like this with big weather differences this can be problematic, but even within the smaller "region" this often happened. But an invitation to all - do you prefer the new regions or not? [Feel free to disagree]

OK in the summer, but definitely would like to have dedicated regional threads for the winter time.Some breaks in the cloud starting to appear. Edited by picog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Morning! Wetter than I thought it would be here. My Vue recorded 15.6mm from around 6pm until 4.30am

The wind has probably skewed the results slightly as my manual gauge recorded just over 16mm.

post-15177-0-04337100-1404551094_thumb.j

Currently 18°C with sunny spells, blustery though.

• Like 1

Posted

12.2mm for the past 24 hours so a rather damp day yesterday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

A bit of a wet night and unfortunately the parade at our town carnival got off to a wet start this morning.

Starting to brighten up now though and hopefully an improving story for the rest of the day :)

One positive is the rain does wonders at dampening the pollen. Finally a bit of a break..

Edited by Chris K

Posted

Only 7.25mm for the past 24hrs here, looks like we avoided the heaviest of the rain overnight.

Currently 16.9c

Bish

This new region is great, interesting as Andy says seeing all the variation, and more of a flow to the conversation :)

Tend to agree with that, certainly more activity than the old Wales thread.

• Like 1

OK in the summer, but definitely would like to have dedicated regional threads for the winter time.Some breaks in the cloud starting to appear.

I think for the winter we will go back to the larger threads.

Onto today's weather, dry the last couple of hours, after the washout of yesterday and overnight, and looks a mix of sunny spells/intervals this afternoon.

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Only 5.7mm here to 09.00 this morning and just a few spits and spots about an hour ago which didn't even dampen the ground.  Felt muggy earlier on, but fresher in the last hour or so.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Bright skies and feels quite warm in the sunshine....19.2c :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Was certainly a wet early-hours period. Sleeping with the window open I could here the rain battering down outside. Nice day since 11am though with plenty of sunshine, and feeling warm and humid at 22C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very pleasant day to my surprise at 21c with good sunny spells and barely any wind!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Hi without sounding cheeky can someone who lives near minehead pm me the weather for 11-14 July so I don't keep bothering all u lovely ppl in this threadTy :)

Just looking at the 10 day Net Weather forecast it's wet and pretty much on the cool side.... But it's a long way off yet!... things can and will change! http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=10day;sess=

Then again Saturday looks warm :)

post-11006-0-47550300-1404583998_thumb.j

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1