Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

9.0mm in the manual gauge since the rain started yesterday, the VP2 thought 8.4mm.  

Then mostly cloudy for much of today though some sun especially early and later, reasonable temperatures peaking at 21.2c. Felt a bit humid still but fresher later when the dew point dropped.

Currently 13.1c and mostly clear (some cirrus/cirrostratus), looks to be a cool one tonight.

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Dry and clear, 11.1c with no wind whatsoever.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

nice start to the day down here, some sunshine, some convective cloud bubbling up and feeling quite fresh....chance of the odd sharp shower for parts of the west country as we move into the afternoon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

Hi can anyone tell me the website of the live lightning sites around the world. The one that's got a few second delay on it.? Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Hi can anyone tell me the website of the live lightning sites around the world. The one that's got a few second delay on it.? Thanks

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en :) Things maybe looking up for you next weekend :good: Won't say too much just yet!

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted

A a dry clear night with an overnight low of 9.5c. 

Currently; Milky Sky's.

Temp 15.9c

Wind N/W F2 Light Wind.

Posted

It was exactly one year ago today that we embarked on our most prolonged spell of warm/hot weather since July 2006.

From 6th July 2013 onwards the maximum temperature reached or exceeded 25.0c here on eighteen of the following twenty two days, with the period from the 13th to the 19th being especially hot.

BBQ's in the back garden, England were winning in The Ashes, my Dad was still fit & well..........happy memories  :)

Bish

• Like 2

Posted

It was exactly one year ago today that we embarked on our most prolonged spell of warm/hot weather since July 2006.

From 6th July 2013 onwards the maximum temperature reached or exceeded 25.0c here on eighteen of the following twenty two days, with the period from the 13th to the 19th being especially hot.

BBQ's in the back garden, England were winning in The Ashes, my Dad was still fit & well..........happy memories  :)

Bish

Seems like yesterday, Bish..... Literally  Posted Image

post-11006-0-89648900-1404642501_thumb.j

Posted Image Much of July was settled with high pressure established over the UK and with plenty of sunshine in most areas. As the month progressed there was an increasing tendency for high daytime temperatures, exceeding 28 °C somewhere in the UK on 19 consecutive days from 6th to 24th, with values exceeding 30 °C on several days. This was the UK's most notable summer heat wave since 2006. The UK overall had a rather dry month compared to normal, with nearly all of the month's rain falling during the last ten days, often as thundery outbreaks.

• Like 2

Posted

Something brewing by Oswestry at the mo...interesting.

Stay away... I've just put the washing out :p

Posted

Nice hail signature in this one...C'mon, you've got all night to dry yer kegs lol :)

There alright, it's the wife's apple catchers i'm worried about.... :laugh:  Only joking, the wife wouldn't find that funny... With it being she's a size 10 and all that :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Dry.. Sunny.. Broken cloud.. 21.0c. 18.3c in the shade.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Min 3.2c the second coolest July night I have recorded.

Nice morning with warm sunny periods and a cool Nw breeze

• Like 1

Posted

Min 3.2c the second coolest July night I have recorded.Nice morning with warm sunny periods and a cool Nw breeze

Wow that really is cold. As a matter of interest Tony, what is the coolest July temp you have ever recorded, and when?

Bish

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: SW of Sherborne. About a mile from the Somerset border.

Bright and breezy here, washing's dry. :yahoo: Showers are going round us at the moment, but I'm sure that one will hit sooner or later!

Posted

Wow that really is cold. As a matter of interest Tony, what is the coolest July temp you have ever recorded, and when?

Bish

Hi Bish 2.9c on 2/7/11

• Like 1

Posted

Just had two big rumbles of thunder here in a very heavy and slow moving shower.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Wall to wall blue sky all afternoon. Very light rain was falling from high cloud when I got up at 8, then it became increasingly brighter with sunshine as the morning progressed and this afternoon has been completely clear, if a little blowy. Sat out in the sun with a temperature of 22C again. Makes up for Wednesday's cloudfest in the afternoon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Thunderstorm here! Sun is shining though too. Just had some Of the largest rain drops I have ever seen too!

• Like 1

Posted

Gone very dark here :rolleyes:

Edit;..... Heard Thunder!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Some nice IC lightning over Halesowen way. :)

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted

My earlier prediction came true then loI.

Certainty seems that way... Hammering it down now!