Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Posted Image1958528_10152268816554326_492636545_n.png

Keraunophile - have you got thunder  ?

No, matey. Unfortunately didn't hear or see anything here in Ippy. :(

Posted

I think during the night/early morning we will have the best chance for a wintery mix. The uppers look decent. Maybe borderline..

The lampost will not go into hibernation yet :cold: - IMO this is our best chance and perhaps last, until next winter :good: Keep the faith - although most have deserted this winter. I reckon some might get a few suprises.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Turned the storage heater in the lounge back on but only on super low as it takes two days to get going.

Posted

I think during the night/early morning we will have the best chance for a wintery mix. The uppers look decent. Maybe borderline..

The lampost will not go into hibernation yet Posted Image - IMO this is our best chance and perhaps last, until next winter Posted Image Keep the faith - although most have deserted this winter. I reckon some might get a few suprises.

You can keep those wintry wishes to yourself please. No snow now, it's too late, ladybirds have left my kitchen, bumble bees are out and about, I've got window sills full of seedlings and I've packed away my trapper hat and gloves in the loft.

• Like 5

Posted

You can keep those wintry wishes to yourself please. No snow now, it's too late, ladybirds have left my kitchen, bumble bees are out and about, I've got window sills full of seedlings and I've packed away my trapper hat and gloves in the loft.

I consider March a wintery month, what we have been experiencing is not exactly traditional, some diversity is all im looking for. After a winter devoid of cold stuff. You cant begrudge? If we had a winter, I would be looking for something warm, however this has not been the case this winter. Little did you know im a coldie? :pIt is only expected to last for a few days and then a return to the normal regime, Little concerned over Tam - hope she is well, she did say she was in a bad state.

Posted

I consider March a wintery month, what we have been experiencing is not exactly traditional, some diversity is all im looking for. After a winter devoid of cold stuff. You cant begrudge? If we had a winter, I would be looking for something warm, however this has not been the case this winter. Little did you know im a coldie? Posted Image

It is only expected to last for a few days and then a return to the normal regime,

Little concerned over Tam - hope she is well, she did say she was in a bad state.

As a menopausal  woman I've been practising begrudging for several years  Posted Image  hehe.

If it snows I'll have to wrap the frog spawn up, round up some ladybirds and go into the loft again to get my hat and gloves Posted Image

Good job I don't think it will snow here Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

As a menopausal  woman I've been practising begrudging for several years  Posted Image  hehe.

If it snows I'll have to wrap the frog spawn up, round up some ladybirds and go into the loft again to get my hat and gloves Posted Image

Good job I don't think it will snow here Posted Image

menopause eh? been there, done that....cant scare me :p :lol:

just warmed up some noodles and rice. added some chilli flakes too..... can someone remind me not to go a wee after touching chilli Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

'ning all. cool but dry and clear. chilly wind blowing making it feel cold, but can't complain as its dry walking fluffy :)

hope you've all had a good day. :)

• Like 2

Posted

menopause eh? been there, done that....cant scare me Posted ImagePosted Image

Wanna bet? She's not the only one round here... Posted Image

Today's weather - mostly grey with a few gaps, windy at times, no rain and a sad disappointment after the last few days.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
  • Like 1

Posted

This thread should be PG content only!

I dont think it will snow to that extent even if its snows in the first place is another matter...

Goodnight - I bid you adieu :) 9.5c with a light westerly breeze.. Sounds like a horse haha.

• Like 1

Posted

Hello all, a nice evening, cooler than of late but still a few stars hanging around waiting to be rippled by the (allegedly) still-expanding universe!

I've just slightly lost the plot on the MOD thread, probably shouldn't have gone there but hey ho......

AS

• Like 5

Hello all, a nice evening, cooler than of late but still a few stars hanging around waiting to be rippled by the (allegedly) still-expanding universe!

I've just slightly lost the plot on the MOD thread, probably shouldn't have gone there but hey ho......

AS

Must. go and look ASPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

There's a pretty Moon/Mars conjunction tonight - closest approach somewhere around 1 a.m.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening, seems the showers missed me (apart from a few spots of rain). Pretty decent day overall.

Some frosts might occur over the weekend along with some heavy showers for a time (but nothing really shouting a proper wintry blast)

• Like 1

Posted

Well AS your up to five points you need to play your joker and agree with your every word on there

Thanks Chris, probably get suspended and/or sent off but it would be worth it (MODS - that isn't an invitation)

Cheers

AS

• Like 1

Posted

Certainly not you that's lost the plot AS, agree with you wholeheartedly, just the final burning embers of winter 2013/14, now when does summer start Posted Image

Thanks BJK, I probably have lost the plot in a number of  ways but hopefully not (yet) on here!

Cheers

AS

Posted

Evening, seems the showers missed me (apart from a few spots of rain). Pretty decent day overall.

Some frosts might occur over the weekend along with some heavy showers for a time (but nothing really shouting a proper wintry blast)

Hi Cap'n

Apart from your balanced posts I am deeply impressed by the fact that you have kept to your vow to leave your profile picture as it currently is until it snows.  I think you promised that back in the early Winter?  Hopefully we will be able to say goodbye to your picture of Mr Meldrew before the turn of the year! 

AS

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Thanks Chris, probably get suspended and/or sent off but it would be worth it (MODS - that isn't an invitation)

Cheers

AS

Damn! I smelt an opportunity for a late night post deleting frenzy ....lol

Joking aside, no worries AS, everyone's entitled to their own opinions in all threads here, as long as it doesn't spill over into a pointless personal point scoring exercise then I can't see any probs to be fair.....I think bjaykent summed it up quite nicely, it's been a long and very disappointing winter 'weatherwise' for the majority on NW, let's consign it to the 'circular filing cabinet' and bring on the summer with heat, the odd storm, beer, sun  bbq!

Edited by ajpoolshark
I can't spell for toffee
  • Like 4

Posted
Posted · Hidden by abruzzi spur, March 18, 2014 - didn't look so great when I read it back, sorry!
Hidden by abruzzi spur, March 18, 2014 - didn't look so great when I read it back, sorry!

Damn! I smelt an opportunity for a late night post deleting fenzy ....lol

Joking aside, no worries AS, everyone's entitled to their own opinions in all threads here, as long as it doesn't spill over into a pointless personal point scoring exercise then I can't see any probs to be fair.....I think bjaykent summed it up quite nicely, it's been a long and very disappointing winter 'weatherwise' for the majority on NW, let's consign it to the 'circular filing cabinet' and bring on the summer with heat, the odd storm, beer, sun  bbq!

Cheers AJPS, hopefully I never do that (you git) Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Hi Cap'n

Apart from your balanced posts I am deeply impressed by the fact that you have kept to your vow to leave your profile picture as it currently is until it snows.  I think you promised that back in the early Winter?  Hopefully we will be able to say goodbye to your picture of Mr Meldrew before the turn of the year! 

AS

I sure did. Looks like I will be keeping this until next winter. Unless a miracle happens Posted Image

Better get some sleep now. Night everyone Posted Image

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 3

Posted

I juat want spring to fully be sprung TBH, annoyed that the storage heaters had to be turned on again in anticipation (they take a few days to charge up) of the swing back to cooler weather from this weekend (they are cheaper to run constant than the oil/fan heaters during the day).  No idea what the weather has been like this evening, stopped in and did other stuff instead.

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htmSat and sundayThat looks brrrrrrrBack home tomorrowThen can update properlyHi bjaySorry mate your bannedFrom leaving :-)Haha anyway off nowNite all

Night JP :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

We all have to blow off steam sometimes, I’ve certainly been guilty of it this winter and take this opportunity to apologise to you AJ for a few weeks ago, it was nothing personal. just a difficult time for me personally.

I keep saying it but I’m now very close to my spring/summer vacation from NW, it gets to a point where the balance tips and I want to experience the weather rather than talk about itPosted Image

no worries Posted Image  ....... If there's one area that this particular thread stands out in, it's the community spirit shown by the vast majority of posters here, something that sadly seems to be missing more and more these days in the 'physical' world as such. ......all the best Posted Image

• Like 6