Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

Really fed up! Just been told by our roofer coming to do our regular check for the guarantee that our attic roof was ripped apart in St Valentine's Day storm and is nothing but bare wood in places. Phoned insurer who tell us our claim is now out of time and we should have known before this:( So this heavy continuous rain could not have come at a worse time.

Came to Sandbanks for a short break yesterday the journey and day was very wet, and all the builders in this building and over the road started work very early this morning getting rid of any idea of a lie-in. First email of the day from work asked me where the pile of work that I was given at the end of Friday is and for me to promise it will be back today:/

The sun is trying to come out right now, high mid-thickness clouds that are slightly yellowy. Hoping for a nice walk along the beach in a while.

Here is a pic of the dog in the rain 'enjoying' the view of the Sandbanks ferry at dusk:

post-8993-0-65850900-1401182703_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Really fed up! Just been told by our roofer coming to do our regular check for the guarantee that our attic roof was ripped apart in St Valentine's Day storm and is nothing but bare wood in places. Phoned insurer who tell us our claim is now out of time and we should have known before this:( So this heavy continuous rain could not have come at a worse time.

Came to Sandbanks for a short break yesterday the journey and day was very wet, and all the builders in this building and over the road started work very early this morning getting rid of any idea of a lie-in. First email of the day from work asked me where the pile of work that I was given at the end of Friday is and for me to promise it will be back today:/

The sun is trying to come out right now, high mid-thickness clouds that are slightly yellowy. Hoping for a nice walk along the beach in a while.

Here is a pic of the dog in the rain 'enjoying' the view of the Sandbanks ferry at dusk:

Posted Image2014-05-26 20.55.44.jpg

Time to switch insurer then by the sounds of it.

Nice pic BTW :)

Posted

Time to switch insurer then by the sounds of it.

Nice pic BTW :)

Thanks Jax:) Might change jobs while I'm at it.....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

thanks guys, do you know if the 403 error is caused at my end or netweather end? Im at work, so maybe thats why its saying forbidden access.

Thanks

Lloyd

Posted

Might be work then if they filter web content, I have the same issue when I am at work.

Just managed to get out and stick the car on charge between showers, also preped some watercolour sheets earlier but still not dry yet thanks to the cool dampness that prevails.

Posted

This damp and cool trend is not good (more so as I am trying to dry stuff, sort the car out and need to do a spot of shopping)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I never got the two feet of snow that Madden forecast last winter, it was more like two feet of rain! Temps really struggling today, a bit like yesterday, only 13.9c here! The rain has eased off but it is still miserable!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

The silver lining to the rain is that it does sound lovely under an umbrella or conservatory.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Pretty wet overnight in Suffolk. I recorded 15mm but 10 miles further south over Ipswich they recorded over an inch. A12 flooded near Woodbridge.

MetOffice have now updated their warning for the rest of today, could be another inch of rain on the way. Certainly pouring in Great Yarmouth (work) at the moment.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Crikey,saw the forecast last night and thought there might be a bit of heavier rain early this morning here and then it should stop and be dull and cloudy with no more rain till tea time.It literally hasn't stopped since about 7am this morning and been pretty heavy here now for over 5 hours!!No work again for me :wallbash: .Is it in this part of Kent or have other areas experienced pretty similar weather today?

Posted

The rain marches on puddles the size of Lakes :p Localised flooding in prone areas, it is not the intensity its the duration of all this rainfall. The ground is sodden, I assume rivers are swollen so stay well clear. Horrid day is this really May? Cool and damp, typical of Autumn not Summer.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Was there a weather warning for all that rain in Norfolk? :shok:

Yep, totals forecast weren't far off the mark either. Suffolk had even more rain...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-27585520

Posted

Well I was awake at 05:35 this morning and it was torrential rain then, and has been raining most of the day since, did have a lull a couple of hours ago but we are back to full on rain again here.

Had forgotten a couple of items when in town earlier doing the shopping and did toy with a quick wander into town to pick them up, have since had a warm shower, slipped into something more comfy and decided not to bother and stay shacked up in the warm and dry instead, girley mode is on and the sofa beckons for me to curl up on it a bit later, just wish I had picked up a decent bottle of PG to sip (BAH!)

Edited by Jax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Well I was awake at 05:35 this morning and it was torrential rain then, and has been raining most of the day since, did have a lull a couple of hours ago but we are back to full on rain again here.

Had forgotten a couple of items when in town earlier doing the shopping and did toy with a quick wander into town to pick them up, have since had a warm shower, slipped into something more comfy and decided not to bother and stay shacked up in the warm and dry instead, girley mode is on and the sofa beckons for me to curl up on it a bit later, just wish I had picked up a decent bottle of PG to sip (BAH!)

Stay away from the soaps on tv, otherwise we have lost you to girley mode, you are only half way there! :laugh: Cold, cloudy but dry here, only 13.7c now!

Posted

only soaps I use are to wash with Posted Image and looking forward to a film full of action and stuff blowing up a bit later (after the ironing has been done whilst watching Springwatch :p)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Wow what a shocker of a day, and it was even further to the north and east of here.  :bad:

Posted

Wow what a shocker of a day, and it was even further to the north and east of here.  :bad:

Hello Cap'n. Well thankfully here we managed to avoid all the rain that has occurred to our north and east up up until about 20 minutes ago but it's here now.

Quite apart from the pathetically low temperatures (12.4c yesterday, 12.9c today ) and complete lack of sunshine, it's the extraordinary low daytime light levels that are really starting to get me down. I have had to have my living room light on both afternoons just to be able to see my keyboard clearly or be able to read. :(

• Like 1

Posted

sheite day here, still raining now, called it in and given it up as an out day, doing the sofa camp out ready for springwatch.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

I've managed to follow the rain all day today between Essex and home, that brings it up to 36 hours of close to non stop rain. Monochrome greyness all day which made it particularly challenging on the motorway on the way home

Posted

rain and  floods  to day  and  its still pouring down out  side!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Two words sums up today's weather Disgusting and crap. Don't mind a bit of rain, but all day....

• Like 2