Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion for 06/0614 - 07-06-14

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, stormy and I don't dislike rain only cold

A short summary of today..

Totally unexpected, everything looked capped but somehow it broke in places so off I go on an impromptu chase with bro driving. I thought I saw a cg and a flash but not 100%. Went towards the nice squall line which was actually situated just outside of Attleborough on the B1077. It was the last cell in the line of cells and the most electrical was the first of the 3, I noticed it when it was on its way onto the North sea. It was too late for that and didn't have time to do more than an hour of chasing.

These are the best Attleborough pics,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Had to head back but travelled back up to Wymondham on the A11 and came off at the Hethel slip road and pulled onto a layby just before the train line and took these..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then a fantastic sunset, taken just outside Ashwellthorpe just around the sharp bend towards Wymondham..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

One panoramic shot I got the sun and the moon in :) I took some video too will sort that one day I guess lol.

Not bad for something unexpected, I'm pleased.

Sorry about the pics being joined together it doesn't give me the option for code on the netbook for some reason.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

don't know the beeb has this forecast and even though there maybe some showery rain around they appear to be overdoing it surely model forecasts would give an idea if anything much is expected tonight but I know little about that

UKMO been consistently showing some heavy looking convective precip tonight...sure as hell warm, windows open the lot!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Good radar link

http://www.infoclimat.fr/cartes-meteo-temps-reel-images-satellites-infrarouge-visible-haute-resolution.html?i=radar-nord_idf

Paris getting the Mars Attacks treatment.

post-7292-0-93833000-1402266172_thumb.pn

Pilots having a fun evening on Flightradar, imagine being on a plane circling in about those cells. Eeesh.

post-7292-0-82339100-1402266174_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

Check out that shelf cloud

post-16960-0-08684400-1402266291_thumb.j

post-16960-0-65715500-1402266455_thumb.j

WOW!!!!

Edited by allseasons-si
  • Like 2

Posted

I don't tend to watch tv forecasts but just saw the itv one and even she said people will be woken in the small hours by thunder.

Posted

Is this a French forum? I've lead to believe so after all the Paris reports. Tomorrow is looking exciting, for France *drumroll* - I wonder if we could get any of the action, MCS is better then none IMHO. :D I think there could be some local extreme events, on the continent :help:

Posted

Is this a French forum?

No but i will like what they are havin,if there is nothing here,why not view others :good:

• Like 1

Posted

Is this a French forum? I've lead to believe so after all the Paris reports. Tomorrow is looking exciting, for France *drumroll* - I wonder if we could get any of the action, MCS is better then none IMHO. :D I think there could be some local extreme events, on the continent :help:

So sorry for any offence, we're just enjoying a few storms elsewhere since we have none of our own.

Edited by davehsug
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Looks like Bullseye Belgium now! Rat tat tat on the lightning clicker, occasionally zzzzzzzzzzz as a load of returns come in together.

God I love this website: http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Could this be 6th time's the charm?  :nonono:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

well I can say thank god anything the might happen in good old blighty is nothing like what the french have got , look like those in the vicinity of the wash tomorrow could do well

Posted

I don't tend to watch tv forecasts but just saw the itv one and even she said people will be woken in the small hours by thunder.

Tonight??If it's any indication, I've seen 4 stag beetles plus copious other insects, a honeybee in the house, just killed the biggest mosquito I've ever seen and it's very warm. Edited by Harry

Posted

Latest wrf nmm is looking brilliant for most of england tomorrow and not just the east!!shows thunderstorms breaking out widely as far west as wales which really is completely at odds with current forecasts!!it is very different to the 12z update though which only had the east of england and midlands in the firing line!!feast your eyes on this. .....

post-9030-0-16939700-1402266900_thumb.pn

Posted

Wish the one near the Channel would get a move on to Bruges, we know there's a good webcam there lol!

Posted

there is rotation on that paris cam.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

No, this is a french forum.  http://forums.infoclimat.fr/topic/84388-suivi-du-temps-en-ile-de-france/page-22

This is an exceptional event, hence why we are all interested.

post-7292-0-57219400-1402266915_thumb.pn

Does anyone have the cloud top temps satellite link that loops in a similar manner to this link http://neige.meteociel.fr/satellite/anim_ir.gif

No idea where I left it..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

A short summary of today..

Totally unexpected, everything looked capped but somehow it broke in places so off I go on an impromptu chase with bro driving. I thought I saw a cg and a flash but not 100%. Went towards the nice squall line which was actually situated just outside of Attleborough on the B1077. It was the last cell in the line of cells and the most electrical was the first of the 3, I noticed it when it was on its way onto the North sea. It was too late for that and didn't have time to do more than an hour of chasing.

These are the best Attleborough pics,

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Had to head back but travelled back up to Wymondham on the A11 and came off at the Hethel slip road and pulled onto a layby just before the train line and took these..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then a fantastic sunset, taken just outside Ashwellthorpe just around the sharp bend towards Wymondham..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

One panoramic shot I got the sun and the moon in :) I took some video too will sort that one day I guess lol.

Not bad for something unexpected, I'm pleased.

Sorry about the pics being joined together it doesn't give me the option for code on the netbook for some reason.

That lot went straight over my head as it were :D  Nice clouds, 3 rumbles of thunder, which for June in these parts is nothing short of miraculous. A good view point is the farm hardstanding on the top of the hill just outside Wymondham on the B1135 (Crownthorpe Rd). I've got some corking shots from there :)

• Like 1

Posted

Latest wrf nmm is looking brilliant for most of england tomorrow and not just the east!!shows thunderstorms breaking out widely as far west as wales which really is completely at odds with current forecasts!!it is very different to the 12z update though which only had the east of england and midlands in the firing line!!feast your eyes on this. .....

Does this suggest the plume further west than currently thought?

Posted

beeb has scattered thundery showers cant see that been too widespread i think is tomorrow afternoon Lincoln the wash EA and then tomorrow night the SE

good job i'm not in any of the those areas even though i may see a shower or two

Posted

Estofex out - huge level 2 and 3 zone, with much of C/S/E a England under level 1

England

Models show that somewhat warmer, moist airmass should advect over E England as the wave in the frontal boundary propagates towards northwest. However, edge of the EML plume should remain to the east, so that MLCAPE values will stay on the order of hundreds of J/kg. As strong flow ovespreads the region, over 25 m/s of DLS is forecast. All models agree on initiation along the lifting warm wave of the boundary. There will be a potential for isolated supercell development, which would be capable of large hail and severe wind gusts. However, lack of steep mid-level lapse rates may limit the hail threat, so that a high-end Lvl 1 instead of Lvl 2 is issued.

post-3790-0-24439900-1402267232_thumb.jp

Edited by Harry
  • Like 2

Posted

No but i will like what they are havin,if there is nothing here,why not view others :good:

There really is no issue, entirely relevant to the Thread.

So sorry for any offence, we're just enjoying a few storms elsewhere since we have none of our own.

You did not cause offence, I'm fine with the French reports, if they cheer you up, then so be it. Just a little envious, it would be nice if we discussed about UK potential - as that is relevant to everyone here. But it has been snore fest, so do continue.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms.. Heavy snow.

That Paris Supercell is looking bloody powerful.  Amazing structure

Posted

Does this suggest the plume further west than currently thought?

to be fair the beeb did have showers further west it's just their focus for the really intense stuff is in the above areas